Page 327 of 620 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 6198

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 327

VTmeetsMontréal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Montréal, Québec

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: I'd say 85 % ( I've always loved meat and veggies - so the transition wasn't too hard )

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES. Love Coffee - Trying to cut it down and drink more tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Was following Atkins and I like the concept but I want to really focus on natural foods

Favorite exercise: Running!

Favorite Primal food: Nuts (my kryptonite)

Best part about being Primal: Feeling Great and not letting food rule my life

Worst part about being Primal: Actually understanding what the treats and grainy foods you see people eat all the time are doing to their bodies and health - while they consider it to be "health food" ...

DavidR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    Your location:
    Saint Cloud Florida

Age (If you want):
    44 years old
    How Primal are you:
    I am not sure how to answer. I think I am pretty hard core (I am 2 weeks into it). I do eat a little bit of dairy, but no grains or sugars, just meats and plenty of veggies.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, just a little. Half and Half and cheese is the extent of my dairy consumption.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yes, both, with Half-n-half and stevia. I also drink plenty of water too!

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Realizing that no matter my efforts to lose fat, short of excuding grains and white stuff, I have to count calories, journal food and workouts to make sure I burn more than I consume. When I cut grains and white stuff, I seem to lose it without nearly as much effort. I did this 6 or 7 years ago when I didn't know it had a name and lost alot. The motivation is that it makes sense and I have done it before but didn't have the knowledge I have now and lets not forget all those motivating success stories.

Favorite exercise:
    I like martial arts and the exercises associated with it. Although I do like cycling, hiking, and would love to run.

Favorite Primal food:
    I guess my favorite is my morning egg omlet with my coffee.

Best part about being Primal:
    Probably my energy level, so far I seem to have a consistent energy level most of the day. I do get a couple of quick lulls during the day at work where I get a lil sleepy, but I think that could be boredom. Aside from that I feel that I am eating very healthy.

Worst part about being Primal:
    I guess first and foremost is the realization of just how convient bread is. It is amazing how quickly one can be at a loss of what to eat without bread. But I realize I have to plan a little bit and the big thing is to have stuff on hand. Thankfully, I don't crave the breads, just I realize how much of a convience factor it is, along with processed meats.

ninjas.rawk is offline Member
    Hello everyone, I'm Angie.

Your location: Iowa

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Just starting out... am currently reading the book and trying to dive in head first with the eating.

Do you consume dairy: yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, iced tea. (which im slowly cutting out due to dr's orders bc it causes too much urination)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose weight, however I also want to improve my already messed up health as much as food choices can change it.

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Almond butter.

Best part about being Primal: So far... eating really delicious foods.

Worst part about being Primal: So far... i have the "carb flu" and am feeling hungry all the time no matter what.
    Somewhere under all this fat is a strong, healthy, beautiful and sexy woman. The search for her begins now.

Kevin_in_WMich is offline Junior Member
    Your location: West Michigan

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 90%+

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, started out as an experiment, became a lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: running, softball

Favorite Primal food: venison

Best part about being Primal: Lack of feeling hungry or tied to regular meals.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out and social gatherings on occasion.

BCBev is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Salmon Arm, Beautiful British Columbia!

Age (If you want): 39 (for not much longer!)

How Primal are you: 80/20? Maybe?

Do you consume dairy: morning coffee, butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee in the morning, herbal tea in the evening

Motivator for switching to Primal: already having to go gluten free and it wasn't that much further to go primal

Favorite exercise: can't answer that in public!

Favorite Primal food: All of it because none of it makes me sick!

Best part about being Primal: being able to function without food for more than an hour

Worst part about being Primal:justifying it to friends and family

My challenges: I take B12 injections daily, have celiac disease, and a lifelong struggle with severe depression. The fatigue is alleviated with the B12, and I've been able to stop both my stay-awake pills and my go-to-sleep pills. I'd still like to lower my other meds to reduce the side effects.

murrman is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Between Detroit and Ann Arbor, MI

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Not very, yet

Do you consume dairy: Much less so in the past few months

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Former high school athlete who followed C.W. all of my life and found that as soon as I got to college, I was done with it. I want something I can enjoy doing the rest of my life. I also grew up as "that" eater; if it was green it was bad; vegetables=under the table into the dog's mouth. Now that I realize how wrong I was, I have found it extremely difficult to change my tastes. I had major jaw surgery yesterday and want to take advantage of the temporary numbness and loss of tasting, as well as apply the PB concepts to help with a speedier recovery.

Favorite exercise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEAbWrdB9XU

Favorite Primal food: meat!

Katie616 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Maryland

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: 80-90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes so much sense and supports everything that I am looking for in a "diet" and lifestyle. I've wanted to lose those last few pounds and a little bit of fat for quite some time, but I haven't been able to find anything that was healthy, realistic, and long-term. After doing a good bit of research, going primal seemed like the obvious answer.

Favorite exercise: CrossFit

Favorite Primal food: Anything with bacon...

Best part about being Primal: All of the delicious food that I'm "allowed" to eat! The steak, bacon, butter, pork, the list goes on and on

Worst part about being Primal: The sugar cravings I get for weeks (!!!) after I lose control and give in to my sweet tooth

abetterway is offline Junior Member

New to Primal and the Daily Apple

Your location: Sedona, AZ

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: As of yesterday, pretty Primal. Am using whole fat organic dairy items, but limited

Do you consume dairy: See above

Do you drink coffee or tea: Decaf Americanos on occassion; Green Team daily and herbal tea when I'm in the mood

Motivator for switching to Primal: Many. I am a recent breast cancer survivor and a Holistic Health Coach. I have been attempting to be about 85-90% vegetarian with a large percentage of my diet coming from brown rice, whole grains, etc., yet I have felt like absolute crap! I have been having allergic reactions to foods with a sensation of my mouth being burned by hot pizza for no reason and I recently suspected grains. Then I heard Mark speak at the IIN Mega conference and something just clicked for me. It has only been 2 days, and already I am NOT reacing to any foods and am feeling much better.

Favorite exercise: HIKING!!! Living in Sedona I just LOVE long "GROK-like" treks across through our red rock wilderness! I am definitely Grokita when it comes to primal "cardio!"

Favorite Primal food: Oooooo....can I be bad? I am so excited to enjoy the fats!!! I LOVE avocado, NUTS!, SEEDS!, butter, olive oil and full-fat yogurt! Any eating plan that allows me to have my wee bit of half-and-half in my coffee is my kind of eating plan!

Best part about being Primal: I was so scared to calculate how many calories I have eaten these past two days because I have FELT SO FULL AND SATISFIED! Yet, without the grains and even WITH some wine I am still below 1500 calories/day on average. How is that possible? LOVE THAT!

Worst part about being Primal: Well...I can feel the physiological addiction to sweets, pastries, even grains surfacting a bit and that seems to be a bit of a challenge. However, it is no different than before when I "limited" myself anyway - and now I get to eat so many other things I love and make me feel great that I can't say I feel deprived in any way!

And I can't wait to go to Wildflower Cafe sometime this weekend and sit down and thoroughly enjoy their Smoked Salmon Frittata with arugala and herb chevre!!! (Hold the potatoes and bread of course!) Think I'll get a nice cup of decaf with some cream to go along with it too!

GROK - ITA ON!!!

moonlightmyth is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Hampshire

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: I like to say If it rots- I eat it. I would say very primal 95%l. I do still drink beer (I'm a college student its kind of unavoidable) but that's my only downfall really.

Do you consume dairy: I cook with butter (only farm fresh butter, butter that tastes like butter without all the added crap) and I occasionally eat cheese. Never milk though. Rarely, I will cook with cream. I have been staying away from dairy for a while now because I am in the process of losing weight but one I'm in the maintenance range I will still eat cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Decaf anything. No caffeine for me I would be off the walls.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted to lose weight and feel better. I have literally tired every diet and got the same results everyone else had. Still hungry, fell off the wagon, gained all the weight back. Now that I am primal I am losing weight and keeping it off .

Favorite exercise: I do love to hike and I am almost in hiking shape again!!

Favorite Primal food: I don't know if I could pick just one. This is tough... Okay. Bone in Rib eye with some blue cheese. And Brussel sprouts cooked in bacon fat. If you haven't tried it yet. Do it... Today. You life will never be the same.

Best part about being Primal: I feel much better. I used to acid reflux medication and a ton of other medications(Yes, at 21) and almost as soon as I went primal I stopped taking it. I didn't have a need for all of this medicine. And I keep losing weight... which is pretty sweet. I love food too. Which is a good thing to love if your primal.

Worst part about being Primal: This is tough one because I don't see many downsides to being primal. I guess I would say not having "convenient" food.

Grok on

Maiasaura is offline Junior Member

New

Hello all,

I have been advised to introduce myself, so here goes! Maiasaura, age 52, NC, hHCG, gaining for no apparent reason in P3/4 *yet again*. Been exploring and digging around the 'net and stumbled on this site, and Leptin Reset, and have been doing a megaton of reading in the last day or so.

So, here I am!

Your location: Asheville, NC

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: Dunno

Do you consume dairy: Yep

Do you drink coffee or tea: Oh yeah

Motivator for switching to Primal: Maintain weight loss, and better health all 'round

Favorite exercise: None. Walking, if I had to choose.

Favorite Primal food: Heavy cream. Chicken wings. Roasts in the crock pot.

Best part about being Primal: Dunno yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes I miss sugar...but not often.