Page 326 of 638 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 6374

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 326

Erin10885 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Somerset, MA USA

Age (If you want):26

How Primal are you:Just started reading the book

Do you consume dairy:Not really I can't stand cheese and will not drink milk. I only like yogurt and low fat cream in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: I need to cut down on my coffee addiction

Motivator for switching to Primal: The healthiness of it and weight loss. I'd like to teach my step-daughter the correct things in life so she doesn't turn out like my husband and I both being over weight.

Favorite exercise:Zumba, horseback riding or walking

Favorite Primal food:Steak

Best part about being Primal:Haven't really gotten into it completely yet

Worst part about being Primal:Haven't really gotten into it completely yet

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Hi,
    I'm just getting started, the book should be here any day but I got much info from this site. I'm 37, 5'8'', and 71 kg - used to be 65 before having kids. I am looking to drop that dimply swim ring, stop that sneaky yearly increase in weight, and to regulate my blood sugar so I can be an even-tempered poised lady in fluttery white clothes, despite the 24/7 chaos around me.

I've been doing the Good Mood diet and it was absolutely great for my (and the entire families) mood, but too complicated to keep up between the little kids and all (me being lazy). So I found this, and looked good, most seem very happy. I have started out, didn't have much grain and carbs for a long time already. And now I will gather the shred of my fluttery gown around me and head down into the forum and post my first "help me!!" thread. Things are not going so well, unfortunately.

Grokolicious is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

How Primal are you: Just started, trying "meat only" for a week or two

Do you consume dairy: Half & Half in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: See above :c)

Motivator for switching to Primal: My wife and kids, and wanting to be there for them, completely...

Favorite exercise: Um...er...have to wait and see on that one. I've never been one for exercising much...

Favorite Primal food: BACON!!!

Best part about being Primal: Leaving out grain products for a short time in Iraq gave me fantastic energy. I felt better that I ever did. I'm hoping to build on that now that I've decided to fully commit to this lifestyle change.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm sure I will miss pizza, yeast rolls, pasta, and other foods at the beginning; but I know that I will be able to "indulge" moderately once I've reached my goals, and it will be like a family or high school reunion on those occasions...Wonderful at first to see everyone again, but once I've had my fill (and fun), I know I can go another long stretch without them. :c)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I first read Primal Blueprint in July 2011, while in Baghdad, Iraq. I stopped eating grains and really felt the difference it made. When I got back home, I reverted back to my old eating habits.

After getting some not-so-happy results from my latest blood work, I decided that I really needed to change the way I was eating, and living my life.

I've read quite a few books about Primal/Paleo, and have been a semi-avid troll of MDA since first reading The Primal Blueprint, and I feel that I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do.

I decided to begin in relatively dramatic fashion, by eliminating everything and eating only meat for the first week. Mostly just to see if I could do it, but also to test a theory that I have about "tricking" my body to change from a carbohydrate needing to fat burning machine.

I started my carnivorous, extremely-low-carb approach on March 4th 2012, and plan to keep it up for at least one week, but might shoot for two. I then plan to introduce vegetables, for their nutrients and fiber, until I reach my initial goal weight of 220 lbs.

I'm starting at 255 lbs, completely out of shape, with 268 total cholesterol (160 LDL, 29 HDL, 513 Trig). I'm hoping to reach my initial goal of 220 lbs by by birthday in October. Ultimately, I would like to get down to 190 lbs, which should be almost ideal for my 6'1" frame.

More to come later...Wish me luck, and Grok On!

emedayillig is offline Junior Member

Курсы по вид

Раньше говорили "это нетелефонный разговор", а теперь говорят "это разговор не через аську, позвони мне..."

Видеокурс adobe flash cs5
    Видеомонтаж в sony vegas pro 8.0
    Интерактивный самоучитель
    Adobe premiere pro 1.5
    Самая лучшая программа для видеомонтажа

ferrygirl is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Age: 30, flirty, and thriving (kidding - not that flirty)

How Primal are you: Just peeking in the door at this point - I've been eating (or attempting to eat) a low carb diet for the past year and a half

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I try to control it (yogurt is a weird trigger for me)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes! Both! Mmmmm...

Motivator for switching to Primal: Although I'm about 3 pounds away from the tip top range of a healthy BMI, I am 35% body fat, and I know that's not good. I really want to not only lose weight, but also change my body composition. I've been stuck with no weight loss for several months now, and it's really wearing on me. I'm hoping that a switch will mix things up and get me back on track.

Favorite exercise: Snowshoeing, skiing, sprinting, swimming...almost anything

Favorite Primal food: Coconut milk

Best part about being Primal: Improved fitness levels (I hope)

Worst part about being Primal: The main thing that has been holding me back - I can't seem to get grass fed meat here knowingly. And so far, Primal feels more complicated than Atkins. But, I have high hopes.

StillwaterPaleoAdvocate is offline Junior Member
    Name: Jake

How Paleo/Primal am I? Not as much as I would like to be. Maybe 50% of the time.

I'm a college student in the middle of a town that seems completely oblivious to the concept of Paleo and Primal. I know tons of vegetarians, with whom I have healthy arguments quite frequently, I know several owners of Vibrams, and I know where a crossfit gym is, but as far as I know I am the only person in this whole town that believes that grains, legumes, and dairy are bad for you.

I practice Paleo because it makes sense and because I am desperate to find any sort of cure for Psoriasis that has been plaguing me slowly more and more for the past two years now. I hope the anti-inflammatory aspects of a paleo diet will help it out, but explaining this to people usually doesn't change there mind that I shouldn't eat that pizza or drink that beer. And I still get funny looks for saying I don't want to eat grains, legumes or dairy.

Well, I hope to meet as many Paleo/Primal eaters as possible! Hit me up if you are in Stillwater.

JasonMacKenzie is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone,

My name is Jason MacKenzie and I'm a 39 year old Primal Newbie - sort of. I've tried various forms of low carb eating in the past but lacking any cooking skills or imagination I soon got sick of bacon

Now that my lovely wife is helping me with the cooking I'm really looking forward to beginning this adventure all over again. Minced chicken with cilantro, peppers and zucchini wrapped in Boston bib lettuce is much easier to enjoy than a piece of cheese.

I'm competing in a 10k run in a May and doing the Tough Mudder in August so I've been diligently reading the posts about Primal for Athletes as it was a concern of mine. I did do a 1 hour spin class this morning and felt great(ish) so that was encouraging.

These forums look wonderfully active with a fantastic group of posters so I may be leaning on you for some support and ideas. For anyone interested you can follow my Primal journey at Lurching Forward.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting to know you more.

Jason MacKenzie

aemilia is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Montana, USA

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Most days I do okay, but I'm not consistent and I drink way to much milk. I'm starting a journal here to hold myself accountable.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I'm trying to cut that - it's not agreeing with me anymore.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. I ate really well and worked out a few years back and felt great. Then got pregnant with my daughter, and the first trimester threw all my eating & exercise habits out the window. (Daughter is 2, time to get back in shape!)

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts. I like lifting weights.

Favorite Primal food: Pork however my DH cooks it. He's a good cook.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling alert, light, and alive.

Worst part about being Primal: Saying "no" to foods I do enjoy eating, especially in social situations.

Scott777 is offline Junior Member

New Primal Ex vegetarian

The Questions:

Your location: Belleville IL

Age (43)

How Primal are you: No grains or beans no sugar

Do you consume dairy: Yes for now

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss and fitness -health

Favorite exercise: weights and isometrics

Favorite Primal food: eggs --chicken

Best part about being Primal: eating

Worst part about being Primal: have not seen any yet...
    Started out at 260 about 4 or so weeks ago got down to 244 but wnet back up to 247 --have lost several inches witch is amazing I can see the changes.. my goal is 200 lbs
    I do enjoy my beer still on the weekends mostly friday night..
    I am getting back into weight lifting and some cardio...
    peace

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all, I'm Candy

Your location: Belgium

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: started eating primal since 3 days (I was already on low carb, protein shake diet since june 2011), planning to start CrossFit soon.

Do you consume dairy: very little (some parmezan cheese, some greek yoghurt)

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, mostly coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been overweight since I was a child, went on my first diet (with my mom) when I was 14 and it just went downhill from then : gain weight (easily), lose a little (not so easily), gain even more,.... and then I started to have pain in my whole body. Doctors suspect fibromyalgia and I'm put on really nasty meds, that never really takes the pain away but gives lots of side effects. 1.5 year ago my niece (35, morbidly obese since always) just dropped dead , this really woke me up. I want to grow old and see my kids grow up, play with my grandchildren (when time arrives ). So as all other diets had failed (and I really mean ALL) I decided to go on a protein diet (with a dietician). And finally I started to lose weight!!! I have lost 27 kilo (59.5 pound) since June 2011. But as my "target weight" got closer I started wondering what I was to do after this diet? What should I eat and what shouldn't I eat? It was clear to me that grains were not good for me, especially since I finally had some energy (after years of being sick and tired of being sick and tired!). Then I stumbled upon the paleo lifestyle (actually through someone who liked a post on my blog) and it was like someone just turned on the light after years of darkness.

Favorite exercise: I started running 2 weeks ago, but it's not really my favorite, so I'm looking forward to start CrossFit soon (found a gym not so far from my place)

Favorite Primal food: hmm, easier to say which is NOT my favorite (organs), but I'm just so happy I can eat beaf and bacon again!!! I haven't had it since years as my (and my husbands) cholesterol was so bad our DH wants us both on statins . So happy I didn't accept that and cholesterol is loooot better now (especially tryglicerides)

Best part about being Primal: knowing I'm eating the right stuff to nourish my body and brain, less pain!!! Goodbye "fibro-fog"!!!

Worst part about being Primal: oh my there's so much information out there I just can't seem to stop reading!!! I need some extra hours in a day.

I hope to be able to convince my husband to change his lifestyle too, but it's not easy. He has a family history of high cholesterol (his mother just can't get it lower either, but now I know why ) and many of his uncles have died young from heartdisease. It's hard to convince him that everything he (and his mom) learned about it untill now is complete rubbish and that eating bacon and eggs is not going to kill him, but instead probably prolonge his life...