Page 325 of 626 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 6251

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 325

Kitmao is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: St. Louis, Mo

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: On good weeks, 100%; on not-so-good weeks, more like 50-60%

Do you consume dairy: Nope, been allergic to it for years.

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaff of either

Motivator for switching to Primal: It is the only thing that has ever stabilized my mood. I have a history of depression that goes back to my childhood, and eating paleo is the only thing that has ever helped. I think it has more to do with balancing the fats than carbs though, from my own trial and error.

Favorite exercise: cycling. I can't even imagine calling it exercise, but I hear others call it that. I just consider it something I can't live without.

Favorite Primal food: grass fed burger. Two weeks ago, this was literally the only meat I ate for six days. I also have a thing for tomatoes. Together, these things are unstoppable.

Best part about being Primal: Always feeling amazing.

Worst part about being Primal: it is very difficult to stress eat on, and I have trouble with the whole stress eating thing.

klamb is offline Junior Member
    My Location: Louisville KY
    How Primal are you: I would say that I am about 50% - I started 2 months ago and am trying to implement a few new concepts each week.
    Do you consume dairy: Yes, for now - plain greek yogurt, hard cheeses, half and half
    Do you drink coffe or tea: Yes, coffee in morning (because I like it) and sometimes decaf green tea at night if I am craving something sweet.
    Motivator: I hurt my back and was unable to be active for a while - gained weight. PT has me back moving again and I am trying to be heathy, active, and lose some weight.
    Favorite exercise: Starting slow, elipical and body-weight exercises.
    Favorite Primal food: I have a long list, but just had califlower pizza crust for dinner that was great!!
    Best part about being Primal: No heartburn, no crankiness, no hunger or misery - lost 17 pounds since the first of the year.
    Worst part about being Primal: I still crave diet cokes - will it ever stop???

Dotty is offline Junior Member
    My location: Seattle, WA
    How Primal are you: 80%
    Do you include dairy: Some but not a lot. Raw cream, butter, cheese.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes
    Motivator: I feel much better physically, emotionally and mentally when I eat this way
    Favorite exercise: hiking, swimming, weights, housecleaning
    Favorite primal food: eggs
    Best part about being primal: feel better in every way; knowing that I'm being good to my body
    Worst part of being primal: family and friends not on board. would be more fun to share it with others.

kelisrad is offline Junior Member

Hi from Yorkshire, England

Hello!

I've been a bit of a lurker over the past few weeks and have finally managed to perve through the entire before and after thread and feel like I should introduce myself now.

My name is Kelly, I'm 23 years old and I am a full time Mum of two little girls aged 2 1/2 and 1 (had them close together)

I have always been overweight, maybe not obese but just always unhappy by the way I look. I'm 5'6 (nearly) and have always been the chubby friend, jealous of my lean friends who seemed to be able to eat anything when all I had to do was smell chips and I would put on weight.

The lightest I ever got was when I was about 16 and I got into BMX'ing and was doing it all day every day - even with filling my face on McDonalds sat on my bike seat I managed to get to about 8st10 (I ran into an old friend who was startled at my appearance, I mistakenly took his 'OMG how THIN are you?' for a compliment when really I looked awful)

My heaviest has to be now after two pregnancies have taken my toll and Christmas has just been. I weighed in at 11st 10 at the beginning of January. (not counting the weeks after pregnancy when I weighed up to about 13 stone as it was all water weight and dropped off quite quickly, I just can't seem to shift this christmas weight!)

I had finally had enough of feeling awful and have tried everything. My Mum has always pushed her self esteem issues on me and put me on all sorts of diets that would fix our weight problems, the one where you eat green beans and icecream and lose about 10lbs in a day - atkins, dukan, cabbage soup etc etc

I was surfing the net and found this and am instantly sold, I LOVE this lifestyle!

So I only meant to put a little bit but just wanted to give you all a bit of background and for you to understand I am pretty scarred from my bad food past (vegetables have only recently become part of my daily food!)

I have been doing this two weeks already and have seen some improvements and a full of questions that I will put to other parts of this forum.

Looking forward to putting my pics up on the before and after part!

Start weight - 164lbs
    Current weight (after two weeks) 159lbs
    Goal weight - 134lbs

Thanks for reading,

Kelly x

Reggie is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Maine! (I love it here)

Age (If you want): almost 51 (how did that even happen, I feel 26 in my head still)

How Primal are you: I am guessing 85% but I will have to review this to see how accurate I am

Do you consume dairy: Rarely (some raw butter occasionally)

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Chronic pain for 25 years

Favorite exercise: walking when I can,(chronic pain for 25 years)

Favorite Primal food: Grassfed beef or chicken (that we raise ourselves)

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great! getting healthier day by day.

Worst part about being Primal: ( being tempted by my husband to eat stuff that isn't primal )

grecorosana is offline Junior Member
    Good morning, my name is Rosana Greco and I am new to the forum but not to the Primal teachings. Last year I went on a very strict regimen and I lost about 61 lbs pretty much by cutting carbs, processed foods and calories. Later last year I decided to explore more the Primal concept and started reading Mark's books as well as the Paleo Diet. I can say I have been eating primally for about 4-5 months but I have not seen any more weight loss which confuses me. I track my macronutrients and generally I stay within the 1400-1500 calories per day and definitely under 100 grams of carbs. I do work out a lot though and have lowered my BF significantly but still I feel that I should be losing more. I am about 5'8", 34 years old, 20% BF and I my weight fluctuates between 162-165 range. Ideally I'd like to be 150 and lower with 18% BF and that is the main reason why I went Primal. The body fat seems to go down, but not the weight. I track my food with the Fitness Pal app on my Iphone and only drink on weekends (a girl's gotta live!), I haven't given up all of my dairy but have restricted it to greek yogurt, a teaspoon of cream with my morning coffee and some cheeses. I work out 5-6 days a week doing different things: 3x I do a circuit with a trainer crossfit style, I play tennis once or twice and I do a barre or dance class, and always take a day off. Sometimes I just go for a walk around my neighborhood. Can someone please give me some advice of what I may be doing wrong? I feel that I am following the plan but not seeing the desired results. Thanks!!!

Primal Sarah is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Rochester, New York

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Been 2 weeks primal and have followed it about 95% of the time. I cut out all grains, processed foods, sugar and most dairy. The only processed food I have been having is Frank's red hot on my eggs

Do you consume dairy: No. I had been having trouble with it for some time now. I have a tiny bit of cheese now and then but I don't specifically seek it out.

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally both. Have never been the "I need a cup of coffee in the morning before I can function-type" but unsweetened iced tea sure hits the spot every now and then!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being unhappy with myself, to many jiggly body parts (especially at only 30), want to be healthier not just skinnier, sick of calorie counting, sick of spending hours at the gym only to not get results, just got out of a 6 year relationship where we didn't eat healthy. The timing of becoming single and starting this new lifestyle came along at the PERFECT time!!

Favorite exercise: Walking (used to only run/jog and would see people walking and think, "Come on people! Exert more effort!!") and now knowing that walking with occasional runs is fantastic!! I'm also starting to like pushups!

Favorite Primal foods: Uncured bacon, avocados, steak!!

Best part about being Primal: no calorie counting, points tallying, manuvering around the crowded inner isles of the grocery store, eating good healthy food and seeing results FAST!!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to tell others about this lifestyle and knowing they won't adapt it. Seeing loved ones still consuming processed foods despite everything you've educated them about.

Shalimar is offline Member
    Hello Everyone!

I'm from beautiful Midcoast Maine. I'm a fit 54.

I'm 90% primal in diet, 60% in exercise.

Yes, I eat dairy. I love dairy foods. I love milk, cream, plain locally made yogurt and cheese. Despite my love for them, I am gearing up for reducing or eliminating them, as an experiment. I have given up milk, and switched to cream in my coffee only in the morning. Also given up the yogurt to see what happens.

I drink coffee in the morning and many cups of black tea all day. Switching to herbal for the afternoon now.

I switched to Paleo first, then Primal. My motivation was , first, pain, second weight. Since starting this new diet, my pain has been basically erased!

Skiing, unfortunately! We have had so little snow this winter. It's snowing now, so I am trying to type this fast! I also like hiking, swimming at the Y or in lakes, canoeing, walking. I do tote some heavy things during gardening. Mostly my exercise is 1 to 9 miles jaunts at a reasonable speed. My goal-to summit Katahdin for the first time.

My favorite Primal food, no doubt about that! Bacon! I'm lucky my second favorite is Swiss Chard.

The best part about being Primal is how great I feel: energetic, happy, and pain-free! losing the hunger and cravings that plagued me when I ate grains.

The worst part is seeing how far I have to go to be as fit as I wanna be. Although I am fit, I could be fitter. I've lost 15 pounds and would like to lose another 15.

JScott is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Denver, CO, USA

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Started on Primal Blueprint in January after a recommendation from a friend, and reading Mark's book. I've been gradually getting stricter over the last couple of months.

Do you consume dairy: Half 'n Half and good parmesan

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been overweight since college, and although gradually fighting my way back down from 280lbs (now 220), I've never quite found anything that worked well, or that I could stick with. Experimentation with low-carb diets seemed to give me better results, but watching a friend of mine turn from an 'ok' fit guy into a lean, and ripped monster gave me the motivation to try this out. As a bonus, my wife is doing this with me and also seeing good results so far. The other reasons are also health related - I have asthma, pretty bad allergies, and 5 years ago was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome. I'm hoping to see some improvement in these conditions by going primal.

Favorite exercise: Cycling, kettlebells

Favorite Primal food: red meat

Best part about being Primal: After two months, I feel better than I have in years. I'm losing weight, gaining muscle, and my friends and family are starting to notice.

Worst part about being Primal: I seem to have developed a serious sensitivity to sugary foods. I don't see any 80/20 eating of such foods in my future. I ate a dessert for a special occasion night out and was seriously sick for the next 36 hours or so. Yesterday, I stupidly did it again by downing a couple of energy gels before a long (28 mile) bike ride, and once again my entire gut is severely irritated today. I need to plan better.

TwinkiesnKetchup is offline Junior Member
    wow, I do not follow directions well. I've also been known to run with scissors, but rest assure, i do play well with others!

The Questions:

Your location: Eastern Oregon

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: chest thumper (low carb diet since 1984/Primal Blueprint/Mark's Daily Apple about a month)

Do you consume dairy: yes, I use half and half in my coffee daily

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, a cup of coffee daily/herbal tea through out the day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: feeling healthy, I wanted a healthier alternative to the typical Adkins type diet

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: Big Ass salad with chicken and all the fixins

Best part about being Primal: Not having to think about what to eat.

Worst part about being Primal: I grew up on PB&J's :P