Page 324 of 638 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 324

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    Your location: United States

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: 50% ish, though I'm really lacking on the physical part of it.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: One doesn't get to 380 without thinking about something like this. Granted, I've lost a bit of weight since then, but now, it's not just the weight. It's my health, my energy, my focus. It's time for a change, and what Mark has been posting about resonates greatly with my own philosophy.

I won't be able to get to this 100%, as I don't have complete control over everything, but I'm hoping being on the forum here will keep me as close to it as possible.

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs. Those count, right?

Best part about being Primal: I've got an excuse to eat eggs without guilt.

Worst part about being Primal: I would think, I would miss some of my time spent on the computer.

maclynne is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Seattle are

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: beginner ..... only 4 days on this.

Do you consume dairy: yes some milk in my tea, occasional cheese and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: overall health and much needed weight loss

Favorite exercise: walking and gardening

Favorite Primal food: don't know yet

Best part about being Primal: still to be determined

Worst part about being Primal: still to be determined

maclynne is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Seattle area

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: beginner ..... only 4 days on this.

Do you consume dairy: yes some milk in my tea, occasional cheese and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: overall health and much needed weight loss

Favorite exercise: walking and gardening

Favorite Primal food: don't know yet

Best part about being Primal: still to be determined

Worst part about being Primal: still to be determined

shehulk83 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: baton rouge, la, usa.

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 60-70% primal...

Do you consume dairy: rarely coffee creamer/milk, Greek yoghurt.....

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: the knowledge that diet plays a huge portion in your health and physique.

Favorite exercise: crossfit

Favorite Primal food: MEAT!

Best part about being Primal: ....ABS...

Worst part about being Primal:....trying to get away from the sugar addiction.

Lori S. is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: Curious and just started exploring

Do you consume dairy: Yes- Greek yogurt, butter, some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in the AM

Motivator for switching to Primal: Recommended by a dietician. I enjoy a challenge and would prefer a leaner body and more energy

Favorite exercise: Power yoga

Favorite Primal food: Rare grilled steak

Best part about being Primal: We'll see. I do get a sense of accomplishment when I make positive changes in my life.

Worst part about being Primal: Married to non-Primal...but I'm hoping he'll join me.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I've been visiting here for a few months, just absorbing all the info, reading lots of recommended books/articles and waiting to see if this really works. IT WORKS!!! So I guess its time to introduce myself.

The Questions:

Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 40+

How Primal are you: I don't know. I don't get hung up on the numbers. I started Nov 2010 by ditching wheat, then corn, soy and seed oils. I eat clean, primal foods at home most of the time. I don't sweat it so much when I go out. I make the best choices from what's available and carry on. (I'm sure Grok did the same when he was on the move)

Do you consume dairy: A little here and there. Plain yogurt, good cheeses, cream in my coffee. I don't fear it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes and yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: nutrition, overall health, weight loss

Favorite exercise: anything that doesn't feel like exercise. Walking, hiking, playing with my kids, family bike rides.

Favorite Primal food: fried steak with montreal steak spice, pan deglazed with butter, with some kind of roasted veggies and a green salad. FOR BREAKFAST.

Best part about being Primal: immediate health improvements (and I didn't even know I needed fixing)...disappearing edema, improved sleep, better skin & nails, clearer mind, reduced gas & bloating, fewer headaches, no indigestion. And weight loss.

Worst part about being Primal: wheat, corn and soy are freaking everywhere!

Sandra

SilverWillow is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 80% for now, just started

Do you consume dairy: Organic plain yogurt, sometimes cottage cheese, occasional sprinkling of parmasan/feta/goat cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Personal health, energy levels, optimal life experience!

Favorite exercise: Dancing, hiking, swimming when I get the chance.

Favorite Primal food: Fish, all fruits.

Best part about being Primal: Fewer blood sugar spikes and crashes, knowing that I'm doing the best for my body. "Permission" to finally start eating (good) fats again!

Worst part about being Primal: Missing some of the grain foods at first, hesitant about the concept of eating tons of meat.

thegame7669 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Central Arkansas

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: This is my first week of this lifestyle change.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I have cut back on how much I consume.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've read some good articles and watched good videos on it, so I thought I would see if it would work for me.

Favorite exercise: Bench Press

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: I feel better.

Worst part about being Primal: Leaving the grains. I hope the research is correct on this.

lowen75 is offline Junior Member

Introduction

Your location: Phoenix, AZ

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you:90%

Do you consume dairy: about 1 a week (high quality sheep's cheese, occasional cream)

Do you drink coffee or tea:One cup of coffee a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Psoriasis, Allergies, Arthritis, Chronic Bronchitis

Favorite exercise: Eliptical Machine, I am a gym rat and work out with a trainer doing strength training as well

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Bacon and Dark Chocolate and being able to wear shorts because I don't have psoriasis all over my legs

Worst part about being Primal: Expensive, More Planning adding to an already hectic schedule, kids not interested

themarn4 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location:

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: I've been eating almost completely paleo for about 6 weeks now, but I've had a few treats using maple syrup or honey.

Do you consume dairy: I had been up till 2 days ago, but it was Kefir and plain Greek yogurt; I had cut out all other dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love my cinnamon tea; also have the occasional decaf.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have arthritis and had a naturopathic doctor diagnos me with Candidas a few years ago. But I wasn't ready for the changes he wanted for, the doctor was quite a perfectionist, and I didn't fully appreciate or understand the implications of my health problems. Also, since the birth of my son 18 months ago, my fat is stuck on me like GLUE no matter how hard I exercise and ate "properly" (according to mainstream)! With my arthritic decline and my new son, I realized I need to do something about my health if I want to be able-bodied in 20 years and enjoy my babe and the things I like to do.

Favorite exercise: I LOVE yoga and hiking; been a big Zumba fan for the last few months, too.

Favorite Primal food: Juicy, dripping chicken with garlic and olive oil.

Best part about being Primal: The feeling of "lightness", less inflammation (not all gone yet, that's why I'm cutting out all dairy), anxiety/fear spikes have lessened significantly, and oh yeah! 13 pounds lost in 6 weeks! Previously, I was barely losing a pound a month!

Worst part about being Primal: Still have cravings and an emotional need to have something "more" even though I know my body is satisfied with what I've eaten. Also, the social scene where eating is the center has been and will be a challenge.