Page 322 of 621 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 322

Jiigigaw is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have been lurking silently on these forums for a while now. I felt it was time to stop lurking. So...

Your location: Lansing, MI

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: THis is an interesting question, as I'm unclear on the scale. I eat primal, and live as primal as I can in a modern society.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only aged, whole cheese. Most of which is made myself. Cheese making has been something I've enjoyed for years, and I still do it even primal.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee is the last step that I intend to take going full primal which I'm working on now. My love for coffee is deep, and it is a rough habit to break.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A few years ago, I had decided to lose wait. I was 5'9", 260 pounds. I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, etc. I had great results in the first year from CW type exercise diets, but found that certain ailments were still present. Irritable bowel, high blood pressure, high cholesterol... they wouldn't go away. Then the weight loss stopped. I spent an entire year cutting my food and increasing my work outs and not losing a single pound. I was stuck at 215-220 range.

Previously, a decade ago, I was pushing 300 pounds, and managed the huge goal of losing 50 pounds. The only thing I did was discover that I was allergic to soy. So, a year ago, I started exploring other allergies I may have that could be causing this weird plateau. This started with working towards a 3 day water fast. Once the fast was done, I slowly reintroduced foods and document responses. After a month, my list was getting really long. Wheat, Rice, Oats, etc all there. This led me to do some research, where I stumbled onto this site. I found that the things Mark said rang true to what I was discovering, and bought his book.

Favorite exercise: I have two favorites. First hiking, which I do every evening, regardless of cold or heat as a way to decompress from my high-stress job. About 5 miles. The 2nd is hand stands. It was something that I always wanted to do, and after 2 months on the Primal lifestyle, I was able to do them. So now my wife and kids are surprised with me wandering around the house on my hands.

Favorite Primal food: My favorite primal food has been a favorite food of mine for a very long time. Spinach and Bacon fritata. NOM NOM

Best part about being Primal: My favorite part about being primal is that since I have been 100% primal (minus the coffee and my cheeses), I have been off all my asthma and allergy meds. WOOT!

Worst part about being Primal: The activity that I have done for years with my best friends is to wander to a local micro brew and enjoy some seasonal beers. The last time we went out, I had chicken wings, but no beer. I live in a place that has 4 micro brews in walking distance from my house, and another 15 or so within easy driving distance. This is a very sad thing that I'm working through.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwhite View Post

Favorite Primal food:Too early to tell,but I guess the same as before-moose and other game.

Moose? I've eaten a lot of game, and even "hunt" in my urban setting (rabbits, squirrel, and anything else that is damaging my gardens), but never moose. Do you hunt the moose yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by northerngirl View Post
    Worst part about being Primal: i miss rice already. a lot.
    My family still eats non-primal, and when they whip out the rice and start rolling sushi rolls, I have a hard time not diving in. I feel you on this one!

northerngirl is offline Junior Member
    i somehow left out my fave part of being primal yesterday...

so far i have been happiest about my mood...it's way way more stable than it was before. it's really amazing. i hope i continues to feel this good...

mrwhite is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigigaw View Post
    Moose? I've eaten a lot of game, and even "hunt" in my urban setting (rabbits, squirrel, and anything else that is damaging my gardens), but never moose. Do you hunt the moose yourself?
    Yessir,I hunt moose and other animals myself.

BygoneCat is offline Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Athens, GA

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Aiming for more primal

Do you consume dairy: Would like to get entirely off of it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to coffee and herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Doctors and the universe all telling me it would help my health conditions

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Depends on my mood. Brussel sprouts. Asparagus. Eggs. Steak. Kale.

Best part about being Primal: Not counting or measuring.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to cook everything. No "convenience" foods.

drh7900 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: San Antonio, TX

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Almost Completely (at least regarding diet/exercise!)

Do you consume dairy: Yes (local, raw and/or fermented)

Do you drink coffee or tea: some tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health...want to meet my weight goals and be a good example of health to my son who will soon be old enough to notice his dad is fat!

Favorite exercise: Lifting Heavy Things! I'm amazed to see the progress I've had in just a few short weeks. Also, going for a walk with my son on my shoulders!

Favorite Primal food: A nice, juicy, grass-fed, ribeye!

Best part about being Primal: Good food and fewer gut problems!

Worst part about being Primal: I'm stealing someone else's response here...but fewer "convenient" foods!

brownpants is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone - just joined, figured I'd say hello!

Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Starting out...trying!

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, too much coffee still!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Losing weight, gaining muscle

Favorite exercise: Circuits/Bodyweight training

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Keeps me away from inflammation-causing foods

Worst part about being Primal: The discipline.

pdxjulie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Portland, Oregon

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: About 80% or so

Do you consume dairy: Yes, very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, tea occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight, gain muscle, better health

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: It's healthy and I don't have to put a lot of thought into it

Worst part about being Primal: It's not very convenient
    Julie
    (click on the image below to read my blog!)

Height: 5'4"
    Sex: Female

SW (May, 2011): 190 lbs
    Weight when started PB on Feb., 20, 2012: 160 lbs (by reducing stress, getting sleep, limiting processed foods, and working out/running)
    CW: 158
    GW: 130 lbs (?)

Races and results!

kirbybunny is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Charlottesville, VA

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Recommitting myself....right now about 85%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee very rarely, but a fair amount of loose leaf tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: My weight is at an all-time high and I feel terrible.

Favorite exercise: Walking/hiking in the mountains

Favorite Primal food: Eggs and steak

Best part about being Primal: How quickly you begin to feel better and it has given me a reason to cook

Worst part about being Primal: Not convenient at times and the "lectures" I get from well meaning but uninformed friends and family