Page 320 of 631 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 6305

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 320

iroc8210 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey all! Here's my obligatory NEWB post. My initial draw to the forums is answers to questions I haven't been able to find in previous searches online, and people's personal experiences with this. Also some questions regarding the "Grok" workout. I've read The Primal Blueprint and been eating Paleo for 2 weeks now. Still trying to find my way a bit. Mostly because I've developed an itchy rash that must be from something I've recently started eating, or started eating MORE of. As annoying as it is, its worth not feeling like there's a rock in my gut all of the time. On to the questions...

Your location: Toronto / Detroit

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 95% (occasional coffee cream or sprinkle of table sugar)

Do you consume dairy: See Above

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both...lots of Green Tea too

Motivator for switching to Primal: Feeling like crap and continual undiagnosed GI issues. Lactose/Celiacs blood tests all coming back negative, abdominal ultrasounds negative for gall stones.

Favorite exercise: Anything on 2 wheels

Favorite Primal food: coconut! Who knew it could be so good for you?

Best part about being Primal: FEELING BETTER!

Worst part about being Primal: Realizing how crappy I feel if I eat the wrong foods (its a blessing and a curse)

PALEO KING is offline Junior Member
    Aloha to all!

Really glad I found this site. started my journey 12:01 pm, 11 February 2012. Full blown 100%. No dairy, wheat, sugar, caffiene, soda, potatoes, rice, pasta or peanuts! I have decided to make the lifestyle change, not a "diet".

Husband and father of two (son and daughter). Realized that I have put myself in the position I am in, and that I need to better myself. Since going Paleo, my sight is better, blood sugar is stable/lowering, I sleep better and no longer have acid reflux! Have not taken tums or ant-acid in three weeks!

Weight when started: 240
    Goal Weight: 195
    Height: 5'10

Your location: Ewa Kai, Hawaii

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: Not at alll

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not at all

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trip to the emergency with chest pain...scariest day of my life.

Favorite exercise: Eliptical (sp?)

Favorite Primal food: Meat, Seafood, etc.

Best part about being Primal: Health and energy that I now have.

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss cheese....

Fire27503 is offline Junior Member

Red face

Your location: Timberlake, NC

Age (If you want): 60

How Primal are you:80%

Do you consume dairy: low carb yogart, cheese, cream cheese, sour cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES

Motivator for switching to Primal: To better my health.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak and chicken

Best part about being Primal: I feel so much BETTER !!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Can't think of a thing

RGH
    RGH is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: Mostly - I don't always get grass-fed/pastured. I can't resist the Mexican Gumbo (with soybean oil) at the Qdoba across the street. Otherwise, pretty consistent.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, butter, and cream in my tea

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overall health and well-being

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Fajitas with grilled onions and peppers (no tortillas)

Best part about being Primal: Massive improvement in energy levels, as well as improvement in overall health and body composition. I don't feel like a fat guy any more.

Worst part about being Primal: When I think about life without biscuits and gravy I experience an emotion not unlike grief.

greytgrokette! is offline Junior Member
    Your location: BC Canada

How Primal are You: At least 90%, heading towards 100% in the coming months.

Do you consume dairy: cheese, butter, and some milk in my coffee.

Do you drink tea and coffee: yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: A strong desire to kick the sugar addiction, feel healthier, and have a healthier lifestyle.

Favorite Exercise: Long walks

Favorite Primal Food: Steaks

Best part about being Primal: The fact that my health has done a complete turn a round since I started, and feel alot more healthier, more energy, and now have a desire to walk and do more. I've lost 4 lbs just in this first week without even trying, and look forward to shedding more weight in the coming months, to become the slim and fit person that's hiding within me.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating at restaurants, but I'm getting alot better at altering the menu items to suit the Primal lifestyle.

Brewjo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Mandurah, Western Australia

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 75% & working up.

Do you consume dairy: Cream and milk in cooking or tea/coffee, fermented dairy products 1-2 times a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, teaching pallet to like Black coffee....

Motivator for switching to Primal: Having tremors and loosing focus when not eating every 3 hours.

Favorite exercise: Cycling in my local area.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon & Egg's with a side of mushrooms.

Best part about being Primal: Food and Exercise are no longer scary or confusing.

Worst part about being Primal: Not connecting with any-one else in my town who has a similar approach!

dropkickallie is offline Junior Member
    Hey y'all! I read The Primal Blueprint about a month ago after a good friend telling me about it. My husband wanted to "go Paleo" about 6 months ago because he's in the military (SF) and lots of those guys are. We tried it but failed because our kids were still eating 'regular' (ie JUNK!) food. He's deployed now and I'm going to give this a shot with hopes of having myself 100% and the kiddos 80/20 by the time he comes how so he can not have to deal with the temper tantrums and cries over no more fruit loops for breakfast or McD's for dinner.

Your location: North Carolina

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: right now i'm probably about 80/20. The kids are about 50/50. I'm working hard at getting rid of their gluten free snacks and processed fruit chews and things like that!

Do you consume dairy: a few times a week. greek yogurt and goat cheese/feta only.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, 8 oz each morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: health benefits/weight loss (~15lbs), wanting to look good naked, lots of friends are already and i've seen their results (stronger, leaner, healthier), this is twisted but my mother has been on Engine 2 for about 4 months & is constantly complaining about not losing weight and not feeling better despite changes, i want to show her up.

Favorite exercise: push ups and planks. i notice changes in my arms/shoulders & midsection first and i'm motivated by those changes!

Favorite Primal food: coconut anything! also, almond butter could easily be a vice.

Best part about being Primal: feeling better already! having energy to keep up with and surpass the activities of my two wild and crazy babies.

Worst part about being Primal: lol, my mother constantly nagging me to check my cholesterol, my mother-in-law's skepticism about a 'diet' (after giving me weight watchers cook books for EVERY birthday/holiday in the 10 years i've been married!!!) oy!

maverick1975 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions: My forum name was my first car-loved my baby!

Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): proud to be 30 woman

How Primal are you: Not really sure, but I cut out all grains, legumes, sugar, etc.

Do you consume dairy: Yes and am glad it can be full fat.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both but coffee, sparingly. I like my coffee black and tea can range from chamomile to green.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A long-time health fanatic and "dieter" I became exhausted with having to keep it all up and still be hungry or tired. Eating 5 to 6 times a day drove me nearly insane and intense cardio/weight sessions left me exhausted (even if I looked pretty hot). I'm hoping to be able to achieve that same body a bit more organically, where I am no longer hating exercise and food. Trying to find the motivation to "get back on the wagon" but being tired of it all.

Favorite exercise: Before primal: military press, lateral raises, and distance running Now: chin-ups and jumping rope

Favorite Primal food: Meat-I crave protein and I've also really come to like dark chocolate. Anything higher than 85% and it tastes too sweet to me. Oh and I like the fact that fat, real fat, is good.

Best part about being Primal: I no longer obsess about food. I don't feel like a failure when I'm not perfectly weighing portions and counting calories. The freedom to eat only when hungry and not a regimented schedule. I am not so worried about eating out now, either.

Worst part about being Primal: The price of quality products (coconut flour is $10 where I live), especially meats. Having to tell all the people I converted from white to wheat that maybe it wasn't the right choice afterall. The balance of finding the "best fruits" with both in-season and local grown/organic. Very rarely I will crave chips-tortilla, potato. My pre-primal snacks were salty. Having to keep up with it all (what's primal/what's not).

It's a journey and I'm being extremely patient as I hope to get lean (again) but this time stay lean.

alinkmimi is offline Junior Member

thanks !!

С праздником 23 февраля !
    On February 23 a holiday!
    --
    малолетки

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Questions:

Your location: South Carolina

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: Initial experiment--no grain or white potato, but I am eating dairy and fruit

Do you consume dairy: yes--fat free milk (habit and non of those dangerous homogenized fats), full fat greek yogurt, heavy cream in cooking (organic when I get a chance to buy it), cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:1 cup half caf coffee, a few cups of green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: ordinary low carb was no longer working for me

Favorite exercise: swimming with a masters team

Favorite Primal food: depends on the time of year

Best part about being Primal: not worrying about the fat on meat

Worst part about being Primal: I miss icecream, which was a big treat in my previous low carb way of eating

I'm experimenting with iodine, starting with kelp tablets. My husband has Parkinson's disease and the beginnings of dementia and I work full time as well, so more energy is what I most want. I would like to go down a clothing size but I do not believe in making weight loss a goal.