Page 317 of 631 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 6306

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 317

jdstrick is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Georgia

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Doing good so far, had grains maybe 3 times over the last 2 months.

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope

Motivator for switching to Primal: Bored with diet and not being able to vary my meals

Favorite exercise: deadlifts or power cleans.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, grassfed beef. Leeks

Best part about being Primal: The variety of food I can eat. Coconut oil. Cooking.

Worst part about being Primal: expense of some organics and grass fed/pastured food.

hanabi18 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Budapest, Hungary

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Mostly. I only consume minimal rice (only when used for traditional Hungarian dishes with meatball).

Do you consume dairy: I only use a bit of butter for certain kinds of food. (Currently trying to see if it can be replaced with coconut oil)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both coffee and tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have always been fat, and a few years back I have been diagnosed with insulin intolerance. But as the doctor wanted to put me on pill, and I did see it as a solution for my problems, I did not care about it. 3 years back my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, so I researched a bit on it, and found that obesity is a major risk factor for cancer. I started my weight loss program. I took it easy, did not limit my eating too much, and I started to exercise more. I managed to lose around 22 lbs. But in the meantime, my father who had living with diabetes for years was diagnosed with colon cancer with metastasis in the liver. First it seemed that his condition got better, but last summer it turned out that actually his condition worsened. I researched the subject, and I found that changing to paleo (primal) diet could maybe aid his recovery. So I had my whole family switch to this diet. Actually my father's diabetes has improved a lot, but unfortunately for improving his cancer, we switched too late... Now I am thinking of trying not just the dietary part, but trying the fitness as well.

Favorite exercise: I love swimming and hiking

Favorite Primal food: Cucumbers

Best part about being Primal: Feeling energized the whole day. And feeling energized even when your mood is bad.

Worst part about being Primal: That people just can't understand that it is your life, your choice and your diet.

Nash is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Not Grok yet but working on it.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, switching from cow's to goat's milk at the moment.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, green and white tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Attempting to clear up a few minor health issues.

Favorite exercise: Ring L-sit Pull Ups

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Acting like Grok?

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing

goodsamaritan is offline Junior Member
    Hello hello, I'm a raw paleo dieter looking to expand my connections with the paleo diet community. I'm the network admin of raw paleo diet forum and I also post at caveman forum.

Answer to the Questions:

Your location: Manila, Philippines

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Raw Paleo Dieter - Strict

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Raw Paleo Diet: I used to be very sick of "incurable" eczema. Detoxes were not enough so I searched for that perfect diet. I found raw paleo diet.

Favorite exercise: Sex

Favorite Raw Paleo Diet food: None. I eat mostly on some educated instinct. My body tells me what it is in the mood for.

Best part about being a Raw Paleo Dieter: I never get sick. I've never been this healthy all my life.

Worst part about being Raw Paleo Dieter: I have to make sacrifices when I eat out.

Maestar is offline Junior Member
    Hi there! New to the forum and the primal and paleo ideas in general. I've been lurking for a week or so, so I thought I'd sign up properly and say hi.

Your location: southeastern U.S.

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: just wrapping my head around the idea

Do you consume dairy: cheese and yogurt, sometimes. ice cream rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: no coffee, hot tea on occasion, sweet iced tea more than I'd like to admit

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to feel better. What I've been doing isn't working--and I felt my best several years ago when I dropped the grains and was, apparently, eating in a paleo way (without even knowing it...)

Favorite exercise: hiking & yoga

Favorite Primal food: eggs. mmmm eggs.

Best part about being Primal: don't know yet.

Worst part about being Primal: see above!

JRDickens is offline Junior Member
    Your location: North Texas

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: More by the day. I am a newbie.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only whole milk, whole milk cheezes, and heavy cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Abundantly

Motivator for switching to Primal: Diagnosed as diabetic in '09. Went from around 265 to 228 in the course of about 6 months. Got comfortable and ballooned back up to 269 as of today. Can't handle statin drugs for cholesterol or BP medication. Also have a terrible time remembering to take pills. It seems as I can do Primal with very little effort so want to try this to get under control.

Favorite exercise: Pushups. I also enjoy just going out for a walk around the neighborhood.

Favorite Primal food: MEAT

Best part about being Primal: My glucose level stays under better control without all of those carbs.

Worst part about being Primal: Occassional dizzy spels, Atkins Flu, etc... (Stil in beginning stages) Also very difficult to eat at home with wife/kids enjoying all of the goodies I don't eat now but love.

CaveHermit is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Everett, Washington

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you:90% still working on the exercise bit

Do you consume dairy:butter and lately started to switch out my H/H for coconut milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: was making myself sick eating all the carbs and having large binges more frequently than i liked and was hungry all the time. When I hit 283 lbs I said, ENOUGH! I started on July 1st with the primal bluepint book and food plan had a big pantry cleaning party and have been religious about no grains, processed carbs. Never thought I could eat so many fruits and veggies. And I love them now. to date it has paid off down 55 lbs.

Favorite exercise:this has been the hardest part for me. I have pain in my feet that some times keeps me from being as active as i want to be. I recently joined a gym with in walking distance and am making good use of the elliptical machine.

Favorite Primal food: Rib eye steak cooked in coconut oil and seasoned with Cajun seasonings. Pink lady apples

Best part about being Primal: moods are much more stable, hunger is nonexistant, more alert.

Worst part about being Primal: haven't found any.

maximvanwijk is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Amsterdam, Holland

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: started jan 2012, I would guess around 75 %

Do you consume dairy: only goat's yoghurt, goat's cheese and goat's milk for my morning cappucino

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: bit of weight loss and it makes sense to me

Favorite exercise: cycling, barefoot trail running

Favorite Primal food: my own home made almond oil mayonaise

Best part about being Primal: enjoying really good food

Worst part about being Primal: missing the taste of freshly baked bread

Laura72 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: Not sure!

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes (nothing sweet though)

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf coffee and sometimes decaf tea (as I know that caffeine causes insulin secretion and I want to avoid that!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose weight, feel healthy and make sure I am around to see my kids grow up!

Favorite exercise: Still have to find out

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed beef

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat real and good fats without feeling guilty

Worst part about being Primal: I don't think there is one

kerricpht is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Asheville, NC

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Trying to be!

Do you consume dairy: minimal (some cheese, butter and heavy cream)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes (1-2 cups per day) - unsweetened

Motivator for switching to Primal: very bad eczema and weight gain. Not sure of trigger, but feel better on a low-carb diet, so decided to try to cut out most dairy and grains to see if that helps.

Favorite exercise: don't really like to exercise, but hoping the less formal-type excercise recommended in primal blueprint will work out better for me. I like to walk and can do the basic primal movements at home, so don't have to go to a gym.

Favorite Primal food: Beef!

Best part about being Primal: Eating clean, real foods without having to watch calories or look for low-fat versions

Worst part about being Primal: Often hard to find organic, natural choices in stores and on menus and if I do they often cost more. Worth it, though!