Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 316

calabasasprimal is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Los Angeles- Calabasas

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: I am working on becoming a total 100% caveman

Do you consume dairy: on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, not in the same day and on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to train my body and genes to become a fat burning machine instead of a sugar burning machine. As well as, have you seen what Mark looks like with his shirt off... I'm more than half his age and he looks better than me. I want to look like that now, and until i die.

Favorite exercise: Snowboarding, crossfit, krav maga, martial arts, yoga, sports.

Favorite Primal food: The Big Ass Salad, whole foods is perfect for it. And spaghetti squash with my own personal recipe meat sauce that i have just recently made primal.

Best part about being Primal: Energy, and feeling great after each meal.

Worst part about being Primal: I can't eat burgers or sandwichers with buns, and no more real pasta (spaghetti squash has saved my craving) and i just found a recipe to make a primal/paleo bread substitue.

Almond Butterfly is offline Junior Member
    Hi, nice to meet you all!

The Questions:

Your location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Fairly primal, although not 100% strict

Do you consume dairy: A little bit. Sometimes some organic yogurt, and a few times a month some milk in my lattes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love espresso

Motivator for switching to Primal: To recover faster from injuries, to feel healthier, I also have a gluten sensitivity

Favorite exercise: Hiking, CrossFit, Muay Thai Kickboxing

Favorite Primal food: Arugula

Best part about being Primal: It is healthy and you feel great about what you are eating

Worst part about being Primal: It can be difficult to convince your loved ones of such a lifestyle when they are convinced there is nothing wrong with what they usually eat.

I own a Paleo-Friendly Bakery in Montreal, Quebec, Canada that I would like to introduce all of you to! My baked goods are between 90-100% Paleo, depending on what it is and it makes it easy for individuals to enjoy a treat, without reverting to non-paleo baked goods that are packed with refined sugar and wheat products. Visit my website and facebook page for ideas on how you can bake Paleo-Friendly treats. Almond Butterfly Gluten-Free Bakery & Catering Service - Montreal, QC / Almond Butterfly | Facebook

Lightbulb

Hi, kids!

Your location: Denver, CO

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Relatively new to the whole thing, but doing my damndest.

Do you consume dairy: Indeed, I do, but not excessive. Greek yogurt is a fave. Cheese here and there.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Am I losing this little survey?!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Stumbled across MDA while doing some research on Five Fingers. I had been vegetarian for 11 years and had been thinking of eating meat again. Well, this seemed like the best way to move forward from being a veg!

Favorite exercise: Whatever I can do outside. Getting better at actually moving while out there. Otherwise, I've been moving forward with the little weight room in my building and quickly turning myself on to weights - which I haven't touched with any regularity since high school.

Favorite Primal food: Cliche, I know, but after being a veggie for over a decade, I've been freebasing bacon. Loves me some kale, too!

Best part about being Primal: Sleeping better. Not feeling painfully full after a big meal.

Worst part about being Primal: No contest...my love for beer. Especially of the craft variety.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Your location: an undisclosed location in Mendocino County, Ca.

Age (If you want):51

How Primal are you: As of 1/1/12 100%, previously 80% for about 18 months

Do you consume dairynly butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea, home made bullet proof chai

Motivator for switching to Primal: In my late 40s I realized I was gaining a little weight every year. I looked ahead at my older brother and sisters and saw that they were all overweight and either prediabetic or diabetic. It dawned on me that if I didn't do something that would be my life too. I lost 22 lbs in 6 months and managed to keep it off. My husband decided to join me after seeing my success. He did really well for about 5 months but then slowy started putting the weight back on with too many cheats in the 20%. So we both decided to go all the way paleo on 1/1/12. I've lost another 5lbs, I am not looking to loose any more as I weigh 115 and am 5ft. 3in. My husband is doing great, he has lost 15 pounds and wants to keep going.

Favorite exercise: Foraging in the woods for wild edibles or riding my bike to the farmer's market.

Favorite Primal food: Meat! Just give me meat and fire and maybe some fresh garden veggies.

Best part about being Primal: My whole body feels younger, like I got a new lease on life.

Worst part about being Primal: I can't help thinking every one would benefit from eating primal, I may turn into a zealot.

Reply Reply With Quote .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PrimalRochester is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone! I've been lurking for a couple weeks... Started primal change 1/30. Been 100% dairy and grain free.

Your location: Rochester, NY

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: NO!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight, looking for a health/energy change

Favorite exercise: Sprinting

Favorite Primal food: Raw Salmon

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: Making the mental shift from eating very little meat/fat to not caring so much... also not being able to stuff my face with chips and beer (as he drools on the keyboard)

Mattyb is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Portland, OR

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: More and more daily

Do you consume dairy: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose Weight, feel better, look better, be an inspiration to my family.

Favorite exercise: Cycling, TRX

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed steak.... raw almonds

Best part about being Primal: all the great food, losing weight

Worst part about being Primal: at this point... I really miss corn chips.. I'm not going to lie. and it is not as inexpensive as I would like for it to be.

Sophie11 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 22 (23 in less than a month!)

How Primal are you: I just started last week, but I'm probably about 80-90% primal. My big downfall is the 'no-sugar added' juice concentrate stuff here

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, occasionally. Probably a cup of each about 3 times a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking for a healthier lifestyle, dissatisfaction with other 'diets'

Favorite exercise: walking!!! playing sports

Favorite Primal food:beef, all kinds

Best part about being Primal:Feeling so satisfied after eating

Worst part about being Primal: Hmmmm....I would have to say going out to eat is often difficult

aug19 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Charlotte, NC

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: 100%. Also doing Leptin RX/Leaky Gut RX

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 ounces of decaf in the

Motivator for switching to Primal: healing

Favorite exercise: walking, hiking Appalachians, yoga, chasing kids

Favorite Primal food:beef!

Best part about being Primal:feeling like I am giving 100%

Worst part about being Primal: being educated and disheartened watching what friends eat and what they feed their kids

fiederels is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: Getting there...

Do you consume dairy: Yes... I have yoghurt or fresh cheese for breakfast, cream with berries and in my coffee and I eat all kinds of cheese.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Getting back my health and energy. I have asthma that doesn't respond too well to medication, of which I had to take huge amounts. I couldn't walk more than half a mile without getting exhausted. I was looking into food as a means to improve my health. Read Gary Taubes, moved on to the drs Eades and now I've landed on primal soil.

Favorite exercise: Walking and swimming

Favorite Primal food: Meat! I moved back to eating meat after having been a vegetarian for quite some time.

Best part about being Primal: I feel my health returning to me... absolutely amazing.

Worst part about being Primal: Social aspect... especially because I've been gradually moving into this way of life and have made incremental changes in my diet. People just don't get it.

tiredmommyof9 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Georgia

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: getting there

Do you consume dairy: yes some

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: loose weight, feel better

Favorite exercise: none!

Favorite Primal food: meat!

Best part about being Primal: getting to eat as much meat as I want to

Worst part about being Primal: not being able to afford all organics and grass fed/pastured