Page 315 of 629 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 6286

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 315

eireab is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Cork, Ireland

How Primal are you: Just started maybe 3 weeks ago. Cut out all the crap and started eating mostly whole food. Breakfast is usually Bacon/Eggs (although I tried Bulletproof Coffee this morning!), Lunch is salad and dinner is generally steamed veg and meat. Have even cut out potatoes (which is pretty much a dinner table stable everywhere here.. )

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mainly Greek Yogurt and Butter. Cheese sometimes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both. Drink coffee on and off but not exactly an addict. I like to have a hot drink after dinner so depending on the time of dinner that's either Barry's (another Irish staple) or some fruit/herbal tea like this atm (no caffeine). As of a few days ago I drink both without milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I did notice that sometimes I wouldn't feel 100% after consuming wheat products. This was particularly noticeable one evening after having a Wheat Beer.. could barely breath after it (I am somewhat asthmatic too but symptomless for years). I also have lots of Coeliac relatives and remember reading somewhere before that humans weren't really evolutionarily suited to wheat consumption so clearly something was amiss. Hence when I came across a link to MDA from another forum I use relating to some specific topic I just kept reading.. and reading.. and I was pretty much taken in by Mark's descriptions of the How and the Why. Reading about the Science behind it all and especially the role of Insulin made me make up my mind to go as Primal as possible! Convincing the rest of the family however is another matter entirely! That will probably never happen..

Favorite exercise: Haven't been big into exercise up to now but planning on changing that. I do kind of randomly use a Bench Press as I have a Bench Press and a bunch of weights at home but I am now planning on cutting that out for now and following Marks fitness ebook instead. I do have a gym membership through college but the idea of a gym doesn't really appeal to me..

Favorite Primal food: At the moment, probably butter-fried Bacon. Steak is an obvious one too but unfortunately in my house people are allergic to the sight of blood in food so it is generally overcooked. Will be starting to buy and cook myself soon.. Looking forward to a Medium T-Bone as a treat some time!

Best part about being Primal: Just knowing that I am avoiding so much rubbish by cutting out the carbs. And hopefully the weight loss and general fitness I have coming to me! I think I have lost some weight already based on how my jeans are fitting but I don't have a working scales at the moment.

Worst part about being Primal: Price of certain foods and peoples disbelief when I tell them I no longer eat processed crap etc. Worried Parents/Aunts etc convinced that I'm going to die without my carbs.. etc etc.. CW is really hard to shake and people seem to think I am going on some mad radical diet..

MrB
    MrB is offline Junior Member
    Your location: London, England!

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 70-80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both but caffeine free.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Despite being fit I can't shift the last few pounds and I'm tired of feeling like crap all the time!

Favorite exercise: I cycle about 140 miles a week

Favorite Primal food: Most of it.

Best part about being Primal: Having more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat out as much.

Anthrocavedude is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Glendale, California

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: I follow Mark's 80/20 guidelines. I figure I strive for about 100% but fall short in some way.

Do you consume dairy: Small portions of cheeses, a little creamer in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Usually coffee in the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have a degree in anthropology with a fascination for hunter-gatherers and "cavemen." I learned about the primal diets and decided to try them out. I really like the results!

Favorite exercise: I generally don't like exercise and was a couch-potato most of my life. I guess CrossFit is my favorite form of exercise and sports. I don't claim to be great at it, but I do notice changes in myself, plus it always changes and I enjoy the coaches and fellow CrossFitters at my gym. I do like Lifting Heavy Things (weights). I hate running.

Favorite Primal food: OMG...bacon, beef, eggs, raw salmon...

Best part about being Primal: Eating a lot whenever I want and not feeling bloated, guilty, etc. Primal/Paleo is the nutritional philosophy of CrossFit, so I feel like I'm finally eating according to my exercise plan, whereas in the past, my eating was sometimes in conflict with my exercise.

Worst part about being Primal: I do sometimes miss pie. Every now and then, on a weekend, I'll treat myself to a slice of pie, but I don't always finish it because the sugar is quite a shock to me.

Hunter-Gatherer is offline Junior Member
    Locale: Tennessee
    how primal : Not very at this time but came here to learn.
    Consume dairy : Very little
    Coffee or tea? : Some tea, rarely coffee.
    Motivator to go primal : Just seems natural, a common sense approach.
    Faveorite exercise : have'nt exercised in a while, tried sevral different things but they just didnt light my fire & I got bored & quit, recently been read'n up on cross fit & it sounds very interest'n & challenging, actually look'n forward to get'n started.
    Faveorite primal food : Whats not to like ? fresh meats & veggies....a omnivores delight.
    Best part about being primal : Dont know yet, but look'n forward to finding out.
    Worst part : Probably gonna have to be careful at Sunday dinner at Grand ma's.

Sundoll is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Northern California

Age (If you want):67

How Primal are you: I started eating whole unprocessed organic foods about 4 years ago, just started Primal on 2/5/2012

Do you consume dairy: I did drink milk but now only raw cheeses and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have lost 75 lbs the way I was eating but had hit a plateau and I still want to lose more weight and have been doing research on what will work best and this sounds like it would work.

Favorite exercise: swimming and rebounding

Favorite Primal food: any kind of meat, fish or bird

Best part about being Primal: eating natural whole organic unprocessed foods

Worst part about being Primal: Its hard to get a good meal out or at family events

nathaliecoach is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Almost No Grains (sprouted bread once a week, wheat one meal per month), almost no dairy (real cheese once a month),fermented food daily (homemade kefir every day) , Meat Fish or Eggs at every meal, a lot of veggies every meal, nuts a handful per day ... , organic 80% of my food, grass fed meat 80%, no processed food. A glass of wine once a week.

Do you consume dairy: real cheese once a month

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee once per week

Motivator for switching to Primal: chronic inflammatory condition (scleritis)

Favorite exercise: dancing (Body Jam)

Favorite Primal food: Grass Fed Meat

Best part about being Primal: No medication anymore ! (Was on Cortisone, daily)

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining to others how good it feels !

Elmo is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Wellington, South Africa

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just Starting out, no grains, minimal sugar

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both but mostly coffe

Motivator for switching to Primal: Seems logical, and did not loose much weight, even when jogger 20-30miles a week

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: no peanut butter sandwiches

jb0055 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Ruston, LA, Home to Louisiana Tech University

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: Just started my 7th month and feel wonderful-I've now lost 32lbs and in the best shape of my life. My diet is probably 95% primal. I still enjoy tequila...I mean, there are some things I just won't give up. Fortunately, I grew up loving fruits and vegetables and different types of meats and fish so my transition was much less of an obstacle than for some I know.

Do you consume dairy: Very limited. Maybe a tbsp per day of Half-n-half in coffee. Small amts of Parmesan or Feta on salads. I think that's about it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both but trying to limit coffee to two cups and tea to one glass per day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Cancer survivor, felt unhealthy, overweight, high BP, depression and borderline blood glucose levels. Wanted to get off the meds.

Favorite exercise: Burpees, crunches. Zuzana workouts on Bodyrock.com

Favorite Primal food: Steak, eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Weight loss, better energy, no more BP or depression meds needed and I like the way I look in the mirror now.

Worst part about being Primal: There really is no "worst" part. I think the biggest obstacle is the eye-rolling I get every time I try to explain the benefits of it to my friends and acquaintances because there's really no way to explain it unless you get into the chemistry end of things. That usually blows their minds.

fauxnetic is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Batavia, IL

Age (If you want): 30 this month

How Primal are you: Have been primal for just over four weeks and I am being very strict.

Do you consume dairy: Negative

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but I try to mainly stick to tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I realized that I was half assing my way to fitness and as a result was getting half assed results. Got fed up and decided that this year I am going balls to the wall.

Favorite exercise: probably deadlifts. but, i also love kb clean and presses and fig 8 to holds.

Favorite Primal food: undoubtedly, bacon.

Best part about being Primal: thus, far the biggest change for me has been increased mental clarity and increased satiation.

Worst part about being Primal: my enduring love of pizza and craft beer.

jlpueblo is offline Junior Member
    Primal ?: Have followed another low carb diet many times, new to Primal
    Dairy? Yes
    Coffee ? yes Tea ? not so much
    Motivator: very carb sensitive due to long use of above diet, read Dr. Krause who likes this plan
    Exercise: streaches
    Favorite primal food? Beef
    Best part about Primal? clean eating
    Worst part? no chocolate cookies
    Just started reading The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation. Also my husband is interested in this plan as I read bits and pieces to him last night, and thinks he would benefit from this.
    Also, I just lost 38 lbs. and want to teach my body how to properly maintain my wt.