Page 313 of 638 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 6373

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 313

paleoonadime is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Kent, OH

How Primal are you: I guess very, I eat primal/paleo out of love and necessity, love to lift heavy things, play, and I walk a lot at work.

Do you consume dairy: Butter and the occasional cream and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea lots of tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: celiac and thinking that the doctors suggestion to just eat replacement grains didn't make sense

Favorite exercise: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I'm very new to it and love it! Swimming and lifting weights

Favorite Primal food:A really good carolina style pulled pork

Best part about being Primal: Being healthy and not having migraines or chemical sensitivities

Worst part about being Primal: I'm not sure there is a bad thing, I have my life back. If i'm being honest I didn't get my life back. I got a new, better life.

boarderbabe13 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Iowa

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: beginning stages

Do you consume dairy: yes, yogurt and cheese and the occasionally butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: general blahness, possibly gluten intollerance and severe bilateral lower extremity edema that has no cause but led to severe weight gain.

Favorite exercise: Belly dancing

Favorite Primal food: Bison and my favorite "salad"...chopped hardboiled eggs topped with lean ham and turkey and sunflower seeds.

Best part about being Primal: Just feeling better overall. I don't get so sick everytime I eat now and my heartburn has decreased significantly. I've also already lost 1.6 lbs in my first week without out the help of Lasik. (first time in 4 months I've lost weight without the help of medication).

Worst part about being Primal: Being new to this, still having problem adjusting to no grains. I have found that if I absolutely MUST have pasta (my weakness was always Italian food) then I will use only gluten free pastas. I also have to train myself to eat fruits and veggies which I have a very hard time eating due to my food aversions (it's not taste, it's consistency), but have slowly incorporated V8s and fresh fruit smoothies into my diet. The worst however is my sweettooth. I'm working really hard at staying away from all the things that I loved so much, but a week into this and I have found myself craving those past food, and I've been close to my breaking point.

Man of Kent is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Birmingham, England

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Almost entirely in terms of food, not perfectly in other aspects of life but striving to be as much as possible.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, in limited amounts (full fat cream in coffee, butter for cooking, no milk or yoghurt)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: A growing nagging feeling that something was not right with the "CW" approach to health, fitness and nutrition that was developed through a long-term interest in learning about those subjects. Then in May 2011 a total eureka moment upon discovering Mark's Daily Apple and Robb Wolf which confirmed all my doubts about CW and tied together all the seperate gradual realisations about lifestyle, nutrition, modern society, marketing etc that I was already on the way to.

Favorite exercise: Pull ups

Favorite Primal food: Steak, steak, steak!!

Best part about being Primal: No longer going to the gym 5/6 times a week like I did through my 20s, yet being leaner and stronger than ever before, feeling great and enjoying life!

Worst part about being Primal: Being patronised by friends and relatives who treat me like I'm on a fad diet. Apparently I'm the weird one because I have no long term health issues and a six-pack.......there is no hope for some people.

neutral is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Chico, CA

How Primal are you?: It varies. My current pattern seems to be one week on and one week off. I want that to stop.

Do you consume dairy?: No milk, but I still enjoy cheese, sour cream, butter, and heavy cream (in my coffee).

Do you drink coffee or tea?: Yes, but when I drink coffee, I do decaf.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Yikes. Everything? I've struggled with depression for years, and all of Mark's guidelines coincide with the advice I get from books and my psychiatrist. (i.e. get more sunlight, more omega-3s, etc.) I also have PCOS which I've kept in check with medication. I want to stop relying on medication to keep myself healthy. Food has generally been my enemy. Sugar and white flour trigger bad moods and make me lethargic. Excessive carbs screw with my hormones, give me acne, and cause me to easily gain weight. I have TMJ issues, so when I eat something that increases inflammation, I can feel it in the form of jaw pain. Basically, I want to feel good. I want to have energy, be happy, and look healthy.

Favorite exercise: Leg press! Didn't even have to think about that one.

Favorite Primal food: Hmm. Now that's a good question. Part of my issue with switching over has been lack of familiar food options. I've also had to teach myself to cook. I guess so far my favorite thing is grass fed ground beef. I can do so much with it!

Best part about being Primal: Having the energy and the drive to improve myself!

Worst part about being Primal: Lack of understanding and support from friends, roommate, and family.

KatieCHI is offline Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Chicago, IL

How Primal are you?: Been pretty primal for two weeks now, only the occasional slip up.

Do you consume dairy?: Butter (grass-fed cows), some aged cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea?: No, two weeks on paleo and now caffeine actually affects me...which is why I'm writing this at 1:40 in the morning. Will not make that mistake again.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've always had stomach problems. My husband started this to lose weight and said it made him feel fantastic. Found out pretty fast that that's true. There's no going back now, 'normal' food tastes chemically and fake.

Favorite exercise: Ballroom dancing

Favorite Primal food: Boiled eggs

Best part about being Primal: Feel amazing, looking amazing and feeling that I'm finally taking charge of my body and treating it with respect.

Worst part about being Primal: My mom doesn't understand it at all, cuts me down for not eating 'normal' food. My sister gives me a weird look and continues eating her fake rice krispie bars. So I feel like I can't talk about it to them. And I go to the grocery store a lot more often -- sometimes difficult in downtown Chicago.

luvleylau is offline Junior Member
    Hi all!

Here it goes:

The Questions:

Your location: New Hampshire

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Moderately. i just started five days ago. No grains or gluten or sugar. I am slowly getting over my fear of fat but having a hard time giving up my diet coke and sugar free gum. One step at a time....

Do you consume dairy: Rarely. I no longer drink milk but I do use organic, pasture-fed butter at times to cook

Do you drink coffee or tea:I've never been a coffee drinker, I rarely drink Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Well I lost 135lbs after gastric bypass surgery back in Oct 2010. While I worked hard and am glad I got to where I am, I did A LOT of cardio and not much lifting. As a result, I am very weak. My goal for switching was to gain more energy, gain some muscle mass back and become the athlete I used to be before gaining weight.

Favorite exercise: Yoga!

Favorite Primal food: HHmmm, I do have to say that my palate has not fully adjusted yet. At this point, I like nuts lol. I've never been a big meat person so, eh, a steak doesn't do much for me.

Best part about being Primal: Learning about nutrition and how our bodies actually digest our food and use it for energy. I also love how people question what I am doing and the shock on their faces when I tell them what I ate for the day. I am sure they will be more intrigued the further I go along and maybe I can convert a few

Worst part about being Primal: Getting used to cooking!! I live alone and am so used to convience foods. It somehow seems odd to do all this cooking, just for me. Add to that, that I can only eat small portions and am not a fan of leftovers. Sigh. I will get over it!

~Laurie

Rewind is offline Member
    Oh, fudge! I already made an introductory post - then I saw this thread. Sheesh, as a former forum moderator you'd think I'd know better!

Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: Just starting. Been gluten-free for about 18 months.

Do you consume dairy: just butter for cooking and maybe a sprinkle of some hard cheese - Romano or Parmesan

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to lose 70 pounds and restore my health.

Favorite exercise: Bicycling, walking

Favorite Primal food: Flank steak

Best part about being Primal: I am hoping it turns out to be getting healthy again, but I am just starting. I'm a full blown meataholic, so it's an easy lifestyle for me to adapt to.

Worst part about being Primal: Staying on plan while eating at restaurants (wheat is everywhere!)

hhelenhh is offline Junior Member
    Hello forum: I am just starting out with this philosophy, reading the books and discussing the whole plan with my husband. I need to lose weight and get healthy. He is in pretty good shape now, but I think he will be in even better shape as he changes his exercise and eating habits. (He almost never gains weight...just moves it around)

The Questions:

Your location:
    Boulder area Colorado

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: just started

Do you consume dairy: yes...yogurt, cheese and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee decaf tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and health (get off meds)

Favorite exercise: until now, not much. I used to contra dance and swing dance. I just started walking per the Primal Blueprint

Favorite Primal food: Grilled Steak and Salmon

Best part about being Primal: The idea of moderation

Worst part about being Primal: getting off carbs...easier for me because I don't have a sweet tooth

I love the big salads though!

The Superwag is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, thrilled to sign up and be living this new 'primal' lifestyle that is making me feel amazing both inside and out. As a girl who grew up on sugar all my life (for all of 2004 when I was 16, I ate fairy bread for morning tea at school every day for the whole year.... just using that as an indication of how my previous love affair with sugar was very much part of my life during the teenage years). I have always been super active, and living in Australia, have grown up playing netball and getting my hand in as many sports as I could since a young age. However, now as a young career woman having scaled back my netball to only twice a week, I noticed mid last year that my body does not metabolise sugar as easily as it used to... and after I found myself sitting on the kitchen floor devouring a one litre tub of ice cream one night, in tears, I had to wipe away the tears and acknowledge I had a problem. I needed to change. This was right after Easter too, so I had already devoured a bag FULL of eggs. I knew needed to eat vegetables and actually try and enjoy them for the first time ever. Somehow, I just had to change, as I'd stacked on 9 kilos in about 2 months or close to that. That was a trigger for me.

Since changing my life in October 2011, I come here today feeling fantastic with my new primal lifestyle. I do not miss sugar at all - I am loving my fats and protein! So, here go the questions and I look forward to reading all of your own transformation stories.

The Questions:

Your location:
    Sydney, Australia

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Primal from January 2012

Do you consume dairy: My vice - yes - Full cream milk, Cheese and a rare yoghurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Full cream milk latte, or half and half. Green tea and Chai tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Clean up my lifestyle and get my body in good shape for netball. And to stop snacking and be FULL after a good meal.

Favourite exercise: Netball and spin class at the gym. And chasing my boyfriend around the house!

Favorite Primal food: Trout, Spinach, Eggs, Bacon. If my fridge runs out of any of these, I am devastated! Also love a good steak.

Best part about being Primal: Not missing sugar and knowing I can enjoy a good, clean healthy meal and be 100% satisfied. Sure, I used to love my hot white chocolate drinks, but now if I feel like a little treat I just mix a tiny bit of raw cocao with either some full cream milk or a little tub of natural yoghurt with some chia seeds. Sweet tooth is gone, and I have never felt more satisfied.

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss bread, only because I love my eggs runny and the bread soaks it up so well. I really can't wait to make my own primal bread, but just haven't had time at the moment. In place of bread I serve my eggs on bacon OR make little bacon and egg pies in the oven.

I am a monster salad eater though! A big salad with protein and fat is what I look forward to every night.

Mherman is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, I started primal living a year ago and will never go back although I'm challenged everyday at school or when I'm with my friends. I started this lifestyle after a journey through ineffective diets and ideas.

The Questions:

Your location:

Age (If you want): 15

How Primal are you: I started a year ago.

Do you consume dairy: I want to say no but sometimes I eat cheese and yoghurt with honey.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Neither

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health

Favorite exercise: Clean and Jerk

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: The way it enhances every aspect of life. I have way more energy than ever before and I can concentrate in class much more which has improved my grades. I can also do the human flag which is fun to show off with.

Worst part about being Primal: Creampuffs and it is causing problems with my relationship with my mom and dad because they don't really believe in primal living.