Page 312 of 626 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 6253

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 312

Rita is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ?? ???? true.I ????? ??? ?? ??????? ?????, ???? ?? ?? ???????? ?? ??????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ???? ???? ?????

DebraL is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Southern California

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: I'm a beginner, so I still question some of my choices -- 100% for effort!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, grass-fed butter and organic heavy cream (with my decaf coffee).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, decaf on both (1 cup of coffee in the morning, 1 cup of tea at night)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to kick my sugar addiction and lose weight.

Favorite exercise: Strength training with free weights.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: My sugar cravings are going away!!!

Worst part about being Primal: I really miss ice cream (because I'm so new to the primal lifestyle). I'm going to buy an ice cream maker and make my own this summer!!

coit105 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: London, England

Age (If you want): 18

How Primal are you: I've just started on it, but fully embrace it and the ideas behind it as I'm studying evolutionary anthropology as part of my course and the book is therefore invaluable to my lifestyle and academia!

Do you consume dairy: I'm trying to get ahold of someone who can get me raw milk as I love and miss milk after only two weeks and the best they have in supermarkets near me is 'unhomogenised' which I thought was promising, but later realised it's probably just something to do with breeding. If anyone could help me out with this, that'd be much appreciated! =D

Do you drink coffee or tea: Did, but am insisting, at least for my first 4 weeks, on sticking solidly to the diet to experience the full effects of it as motivation to continue forward.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to keep fairly in shape and at the same time not have to tire myself out as I've got studies to bare in mind also and my previous regime did not give me the energy I needed.

Favorite exercise: Strength training.

Favorite Primal food: Nuts atm. Terrific snack and have kept me off the sugars.

Best part about being Primal: I've started taking an interest in making my own meals. Subsequently, I love my food. :P

Worst part about being Primal: Nights in with the lads featuring little more than beer, Ben and Jerry's and pizza's may have to be dropped...

Euan_B is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you:

Reasonably. Fivefinger/barefooting for about 18 months, reformed chronic cardio. Recently cut out grains and sugars from diet but my diet is not Primal from what I've read here.

Do you consume dairy:

Cheese, cheese, cheese and, oh yes. Cheese. And butter, for cooking.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Double espresso or nothing (and it's gotta be a good one)

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Switching no, more of a gradual transition. Listening to my body followed by Diet Delustion (aka Good Calroies Bad Calories) followed by reading Primal Blueprint followed by Your Body is your Gym. I like many sources of information.

Favorite exercise:

Toss up between walking and cycling. I do enjoy running but with time constraints YBIYG seems the way to go (starting Sunday)

Favorite Primal food:

Steak. Juicy juicy steak usually with zuchini, onions and mushrooms.

Best part about being Primal:

No mid-adternoon sugar crash!

Worst part about being Primal:[/QUOTE]

Currently, thinking far too much about it. I don't think being on here's going to help that :P

Your location: Western Washington

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: Started 8 days ago, have lost 8 pounds so far, I'm digging it!

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: About 2-3 cups of coffee per day. (Is that bad?)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm tired of buying larger & larger pants, plus I can't see my feet anymore due to my belly!

Favorite exercise: Long distance hiking

Favorite Primal food: Steak & eggs

Best part about being Primal: I'm pissing off co-workers who are “dieting” by eating miniscule amounts of carbs, while I chow on meat!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss beer!

Melvin753 is offline Junior Member
    I am not thin by any means (and a mom), but making progress and an effort to reverse it. You just see the trend in observations and realize there is nothing you can do to help them (especially when they are strangers).

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coit105 View Post
    Do you consume dairy: I'm trying to get ahold of someone who can get me raw milk as I love and miss milk after only two weeks and the best they have in supermarkets near me is 'unhomogenised' which I thought was promising, but later realised it's probably just something to do with breeding. If anyone could help me out with this, that'd be much appreciated! =D
    Unhomogenized milk has nothing to do with breeding ... it's better for you than homogenized, though not quite as good as raw milk as it is still pasturized.

Homogenized milk essentially removes the fat molecules that cause the cream to rise to the top. Unhomogenized milk is what used to be consumed by your parents and grandparents, and so on ....

So if you miss milk, having a bit of unhomogenied milk should be just fine ... wish I could find it here.

I found this article that helps explain the difference.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

silentpost is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Georgia, USA

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: diet only, mostly. will be purchasing some form of minimal running shoes in the future, so there's that.

Do you consume dairy: god, yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: currently running on coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: losing my gut, body recomposition. nothing else has ever worked for me. I've been "husky" all my life, and was ready for a change. oh yeah, being healthy is nice too.

Favorite exercise: I love swimming! currently I have seasonal effective disorder. no gym with a pool/warm weather and a large body of water = a sad silentpost.

Favorite Primal food:to be cliche, bacon! I seriously eat it at least once a day.

Best part about being Primal: feeling good in my clothes

Worst part about being Primal: all the money spent buying a new wardrobe

cgk
    cgk is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alexandria Va

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: B-B+ on most fronts, working on getting better. Off the wagon totally at Christmas!

Do you consume dairy: only light cream in tea and cheese to make eggs palatable

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea - mostly decaf darjeeling

Motivator for switching to Primal: I hate weighing my food. I've done it all - Eat Right for Your Type (very good success - but that was in 99) - I'm a Blood Type O+ FWIW. Zone (Jan-May 2009) some success. And I've been running closer to Primal/Paleo since last Sept when the last chip eating teenager left to seek his fortune. If you know alot about these diets... it really is just a progression. ERFYT pegs me as a HG decendent who shouldn't eat gluten grains or dairy..

Favorite exercise: I do love to run - about 3mi. I also Crossfit, but an injury/surgical repair to my foot has kept me from getting back to the Oly lifts like I would like

Favorite Primal food: - really? seriously? this is a question? GRASS FED BEEF!!

Best part about being Primal: The idea that it is more lifestyle than food. That you have to wake up and pay attention to how you relate to your environment to be able to optimize your health

Worst part about being Primal: feeling sad about our health care system, our food system, and the number of people who are hopelessly addicted to food and lifestyle habits that are killing them... and it is going to cost all of us with our new universal "health" care

rrjackson is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone, couple month lurker and first time poster!

How primal are you? Currently between 80%-85% I believe. Most everything i eat is primal, just maybe not grass fed or organic. Also still drinking diet coke.

Do you consume dairy? I will have some dairy products like yogurt in the morning or have some Kern's Gold grass fed butter!

Do you drink coffee or tea? Havent needed coffee since i've been primal, energy for days!

Motivator for switching to primal: Lose the extra weight around the mid-section, gain lean muscle, and get rid of my grain induced headaches (working so far!)

Favorite exercise: Simple bodyweight exercises or going for a nice, sunny hike!

Favorite Primal Food: Primal Omellete!!!

Best Part of being primal: No longer having severe, medicated headaches! Having more energy than I know what to do with; waking up for class in the morning with no need for coffee to boost my morning!

Worst Part of Being Primal: In reality, nothing. Anything that I miss about CW would simply be negative to my progress. I used to eat pasta with either lunch or dinner, but I'm learning they caused my headaches, weight gain, and bloating!

Three months primal:
    November 2011: 205 lbs.
    Currently: 180-185 lbs

Grok on!