Page 309 of 635 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 6344

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 309

gmorf33 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi all, first time poster, Just discovered this place and the primal lifestyle about 2 weeks ago.

Your location: Kansas

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: A lot more than I was a couple weeks ago! I've cut out grains and most processed food. Not 100% organic (just can't afford to), but being in kansas, I do have access to quite a bit of farm fresh produce, grass fed beef/dairy, and open range chickens/eggs. Good start!

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I cook with butter often, and i have started buying raw grass-fed milk and plain greek-yogurt from a nearby farm.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely; but i do have a weakness for caffeine from other sources (pre-workout supplements). Its my hardest non-primal vice to break, but have drastically reduced intake.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been lifting weights for about 5 years and nutrition has been a very high interest topic to me during this time. It plays such a huge role on how well you feel, perform, and recover that it would be foolish not to live and eat optimally if you're going to pour a ton of time into getting fit and being healthy. My mom first introduced it to me, and I was pretty skeptical at first, but gave it an honest look. After reading the intro PDF and skimming MDA I was sure it was the right approach to nutrition, fitness, and life in general.

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts and pullups. Always been a huge proponent of these lifts, glad to see them as mainstays in the PB fitness routine!

Favorite Primal food: Steak and Bacon... both are so good and together they can conquer countries!

Best part about being Primal: More stable energy (no longer on the caffeine roller coaster), and shedding my excess pounds fast! 8-10 lbs in 2 weeks with nearly an inch off my waist line

Worst part about being Primal: Not able to eat my girlfriend's mother's homemade mexican food Also, the snide remarks from others when they see me eating primally (bacon, chicken w/ skin, etc)

kolibriii is offline Junior Member
    Your location: MA

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Pretty darn primal I'd say.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Mostly cheese, sometimes Greek yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I cut out my customary once or twice (or more...) a week habit of a small iced coffee with sugar free vanilla and whole milk for a month, then just tried it again and didn't like it so much! So no coffee for now. Tea I do like.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Was getting flak from my family for having *~OMG HIGH CHOLESTEROL~* while doing low carb (eating a lot of cream, supermarket ground beef, etc) so switched to less dairy, and only grassfed/organic meat and freerange/pastured eggs and butter. Cholesterol went from 256 to 226 and they were happy. Plus, got to eat happier, healthier critters.

Favorite exercise: Hrm... well, I kind of love/hate squatting! I powerlift (non-competitively) 3 days a week and they can be hard, but that's also part of why I feel really accomplished when I finish them. Since June I've been following an 8 week program (on cycle 4 right now) that builds up, backs down slightly next cycle, then builds up more the next, etc. I've made some awesome strength gains.

Favorite Primal food: Um... bison and sweet taters!

Best part about being Primal: Cooking! I cook so much now.

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes I think I get a little TOO obsessive when it comes to food I haven't made myself, eg. friends food and restaurants- but really, I need to realize that a little food cooked in canola now and then isn't gonna break my effort. Sometimes having to prepare my weeks lunches beforehand is a pain but it's not the worst.

thedaviddeluxe is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone!

Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: 95 % The other 5 % get lost when I am invited or have one of my rare carb-cravings
    Do you consume dairy: rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 coffee a month, 1 tea a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Living a long, healty life. Maintaining my personal ,,optimum shape", stable energylevels

Favorite exercise: handstand pushups

Favorite Primal food: grilled chicken + salat variations

Best part about being Primal: eating raw food, primal LIKE a man -

Worst part about being Primal: no pizza..

Glad to have a great information source like this forum available!
    dd

kosherfoodmaven is offline Junior Member

Smile Newbie Intro in Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Silver Spring MD

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: just started January 8th

Do you consume dairy: yes some half and half with coffee and cheeses.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee,my addiction

Motivator for switching to Primal: Being Diabetic 2 for close to ten years and need to lose weight

Favorite exercise: SEX! and Elliptical

Favorite Primal food: Rib Steak

Best part about being Primal: not sure yet,avoiding processed foods and refined sugars?

Worst part about being Primal:
    missing Ice cream and cookies. Working in a Jewish Deli.

I also keep kosher in my house and have never eaten Shellfish or Pork.

Paleo Aspirations is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I found "Mark's Daily Apple" two days ago.

I am:

an L.A. "girl" ( who has also lived in Utah, New Mexico and Hawaii)
    Age 54 (grok's grandmother)
    Just started primal yesterday
    Consume kefir and yogurt
    1-2 c. day of coffee
    Motivated to Switch Because: Food cravings and lifelong obesity has me in its grips
    Favorite Exercise: In the past six months, was almost entirely immobile due to weight and foot/leg inflammation; now able to walk 3-4 days a week for 2/3rd mile! Would like to try rowing machine once again
    Favorite Primal Food: Poached salmon
    Best Part of Being Primal: I feel clean and blissful, sleep better, and 90% of my food cravings are gone
    Worst Part: Rolling back the cave door and out of the "womb" of relative anonymity; facing the light

Chrish2891 is offline Member
    Your location: PA
    How Primal are you: about 80-90%. depends on how intense my training is at the time.
    Do you consume dairy: On occasion, usually yogurt or cheese
    Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee occasionally, green and herbal tea almost everyday
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I was not sleeping well, was getting sick all the time, made no progress at the gym (size or strength wise), could not concentrate on my school work (really was not motivated to do much of anything), started gaining fat, figured out I had grain allergies and had signs of lowering testosterone at the age of 20. Switched to a primal/paleo lifestyle and have never looked back.
    Favorite exercise: Weightlifting of all kinds
    Favorite Primal food: Bacon and steak for meat and coconut and berries for plants.
    Best part about being Primal: feeling much better and eating tons of meat
    Worst part about being Primal: Pizza (the good quality kind) is not part of it

Shotokan Man is offline Junior Member
    Hemel Hempstead just outside North London
    Hi All,
    Live just outside London in a place called Hemel Hempstead in the UK.
    I'm 49 (going on 25!)
    Came to Primal through a general interest in health and nutrition. Completed a round of P90X and was in the process of completing Insanity. I teach and train Karate 4 times a week so pretty active. Like someone else's profile I read, the first round of P90X calls for a carb depleted diet which I really enjoyed and felt very good on.....stumbling across PB answered my 'why' questions so have made the decision to go Primal.
    My only vice is that I do enjoy a good cup of coffee in the evening (surely even Grok had a vice or two) and an occasional piece of Brie cheese.
    I think that answers most of the newbie questions except:
    Favourite Primal food - The chicken with a nut coating...YUM!
    Best part about being Primal - Feeling so damm good
    Worst Part about being Primal - That to eat healthy costs you twice as much as eating junk

TruckerLady is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Colorado Springs, CO on the few days of the year that I am actually home. About 340 days a year I could be anywhere in the contiguous US

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: As Primal as possible on a restaurant/7-11 diet. It isn't possible to be a truck driver with limited refrigeration and cooking facilities and be 100% primal. The good news is that I'm gluten sensitive and can't even force myself to eat processed meat. The only grains I eat is an occasional breakfast burrito. I pull off as much of the tortilla as I can and still be able to eat the eggs and sausage or bacon.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I eat cheese, half/half in my coffee and real butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I heard Mark on a radio show with Janette Barber. He said that bp could allieviate pain. I never hoped to lose weight because I haven't been able to lose weight since the birth of my oldest son 25 years ago. I was absolutely stunned when I got on the scale and discovered that 18 pounds had gone missing my first week on pb. I no longer walk with a cane at all.

Favorite exercise: I love to feel my muscles work. Kettlebell, rubber bands, walking, running (when my knees will hold together), swimming, hiking, playing with my dog and kids.

Favorite Primal food: the ones that show results

Best part about being Primal:better sleep or maybe lack of pain. Both are miracles in my life.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to stop using French Vanilla cream in my coffee.

Health was in an awful state when I started this on Sept 5, 2011. My feet and legs were so swollen that they were seeping fluid. My shoes didnt fit at the end of the day. I had numb spots all over my body and my skin was rough and had odd growths. Some days I could barely walk into the truck stop from my truck because my legs were so week and shaky.

The odd thing was that I had rarely eaten more than 1500 calories a day for the past 20 years. I ate very little meat, lots of grains and veggies, fresh fruit when I could get it, rare sodas. I actually had food diaries showing the effort I was putting into controlling my weight. I had studied as a dietician in college so I was going on the best information possible. The Primal Blueprint is actually a version of a theraputic diet used for severe cases of epilepsy as I learned it in college. Color me surprised.

I've lost about 42 pounds so far and all the swelling is down. My dog is getting tired of getting dragged out for walks!

Dommy Cruze is offline Junior Member

love priaml

The Questions:

Your location: Ottawa Ontario

Age (If you want): 17

How Primal are you: Fairly, but Cant manage to be hardcore due to family limitations

Do you consume dairy: Hecks yeah! Love me some fine aged blue cheese with white wine... mmmmm

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea mostly, coffee on weekends

Motivator for switching to Primal: My niece started the primal diet and saw awesome results, after that I saw a picture of Mark Sisson and said "WOW! If right now at 17 I can look like that guy at 58, and keep looking like that, I'm in!"

Favorite exercise: The five essential movements, and benchpress (old habits die hard)

Favorite Primal food: Tender butter fried, with balsamic bok choy

Best part about being Primal: Look great, feel great, are great, doesnt get any better.

Worst part about being Primal: Being unable to convince my family that carbs (especially wheat) are evil. Not giving up though!

_Wifey_ is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: SC

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Was fully primal ~3 months ago, moved & fell off wagon while eating take out, struggling now to get back to full

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only fermented or raw

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gestational Diabetes & ridiculous family history of Type 2 & Heart Disease

Favorite exercise: Family walks/chasing toddlers

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Sleeping better

Worst part about being Primal: Friends all think I'm crazy &/or "killing myself"