Page 308 of 620 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 6199

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 308

bionicthinker is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Burlington, MA

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Somewhat primal. I have always been interested in nutrition. If I didn't major in business, I would've become a nutritionist. Growing up, I always seek ways to improve my health and well-being. I discovered "The Primal Blueprint" last month and thought finally I found a book that makes sense!

Do you consume dairy: Here and there. Once in awhile, I would treat myself to some good cheese when I drink red wine. I have been eating less of dairy products because I notice I feel a lot better when I don't consume a lot of dairy products.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I have been drinking less coffee/tea and drink more water!

Motivator for switching to Primal:To live a long healthy life!

Favorite exercise: Hiking!!!!

Favorite Primal food: Fresh fruits!

Best part about being Primal: Not having to go to the gym

Worst part about being Primal: Eliminating carb completely. It is a challenge especially when you go to someone's house for dinner or to a party.

RobinB is offline Junior Member
    Day 18 and loving it. Have a lot to learn but so excited. Down 13 inches already, crazy amounts of energy, cravings gone!!

Your location: Arizona

Age (If you want): 42

Weight/Height: 184/ 5'5"

How Primal are you: Trying to get to 100% but have made a few mistakes. Learning.

Do you consume dairy: 95% no, have had a few crumbles of goat cheese on salad 2x

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, 1 cup of coffee, 1 cup of tea per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been living "healthy" for so long and feeling like garbage. Something had to give. Had a good friend who is in crazy good shape finally convince me to take the steps needed.

Favorite exercise: Being outside, climbing mountains.

Favorite Primal food: Eating bacon again has been really fun.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great!!!

Worst part about being Primal: I only miss two things so far, popcorn (homemade in olive oil and sea salt) and tortilla chips with salsa (used to be my weekly cheat).
    Robin

There is not one big cosmic meaning for all, there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person. ~Anais Nin

Nosajtevol is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: 90% there, working on 100%. I've started eating only from my local farmer's market, though I haven't found too much pesticide-free veggies. They are however locally grown and harvested. I've been eating mostly Local eggs as the staple of my diet and lettuce. I've been eating a chunk of unsweetened chocolate and have a small piece here and there. I am almost fat-adapted, as I've started my primal lifestyle only 2 weeks ago. However, I feel fantastic for it :]

Do you consume dairy: NOT ANYMORE!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. I work at Starbucks full-time and it's unavoidable. Though I have to admit I love coffee. I have one cup a day with just cinnamon.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Energy! I work full time and am a full time online student. Sound impossible? It was till I started eating primally. Now I have more energy than I know what to do with :]

Favorite exercise: Yoga with Rodney Yee.

Favorite Primal food: Big-*** Omelets, or Big-*** Salads.

Best part about being Primal: Energy, energy, energy. My eyes have brightened and I've become much sexier :]

Worst part about being Primal: NOTHING! It's the best.

jason76 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Good ol Kansas

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Just getting started.

Do you consume dairy: Very little and will be dropping that amount even more down to only small amounts of cheee on certain dishes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do drink both but infrequently. I prefer both as is without sweeteners or cream.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have lost 40 lbs due to my current job which is an order filler for a major internet seller, but I want to lose even more and get back under 200.

Favorite exercise: Kettle bell snatch and I have a decided love hate relationship with the squat in all its many varied glory.

Favorite Primal food: Steak all kinds be it venison that I shot Bison or beef.

Best part about being Primal: It fits the foods I like best.

Worst part about being Primal: I havent made it to the point where I am fat or ketone adjusted yet so if I forget my lunch at work there is no primal alternative to the wheel of death (vending machine) since I walk up to 15 miles a night going without a meal is a bugger.

ewanqbl is offline Junior Member
    Your Location: Eastern Europe, working abroad, in Romania, near the Black Sea shoreline.

How Primal are you: Not so sure, but I want to learn. I am currently not feeling well with what the world gives me

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I must admit Romanians have very decent dairy, and their methods are very old.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, 1 cup of each, everyday.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Haven't tried, just found this website, but I want to lose weight and get back in shape.

Favorite exercise: N/A

Favorite Primal food: N/A

Best part about being Primal: I hope I get control over my life again.

Worst part about being Primal: N/A

I just discovered you guys, read around the forum and decided I must register. I truly want to change my life around, feel better and feel in control. I hope you guys can help.

Bethoc is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Portland, OR

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: Just starting to ease my way into the lifestyle

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, yougurt every once in a while

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: It sounds like just what I need to feel better

Favorite exercise: Nordic walking

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Joints less stiff & more engergy

Worst part about being Primal: No carbs

Rosbif is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Southern Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: No processed foods, no legumes, no grains but some dairy and other minor cheats mentioned below. Oh, I also occasionally enjoy red wines or cider. Used to love beer.

Do you consume dairy: butter, kefir, some old cheese occasionally and sometimes high fat cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: both decaf, more tea and less coffee of late

Motivator for switching to Primal: Been getting slowly fatter every year since my late 20s early 30s despite living what I thought was a fairly clean lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: long walks / hikes

Favorite Primal food: grass fed steak and lamb

Best part about being Primal: increased energy levels, weight loss, better sleep

Worst part about being Primal: lots of work in the kitchen

celticswede is offline Junior Member
    Your location: South Dakota

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: No processed foods, no legumes, no grains but some dairy. Sugar is my nemesis. Working on that. Carnivore to the core.

Do you consume dairy: butter and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both decaf and regular coffee, (one cup in the AM), herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want a healthy lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Walking my dog, physical activity at work and play. I am incorporating pull ups and sprints to the mix.

Favorite Primal food: Did I say I was a carnivore. Now loving coconut products.

Best part about being Primal: increased energy levels, weight loss, better sleep, overall healthy feeling.

Worst part about being Primal: Saying no to sugar, specifically SWEET chocolate. But I do love 80% dark chocolate.

crotermund is offline Junior Member
    Good morning everyone. I'm just starting my Primal journey. This is day one of 21.

Your location: San Francisco Bay Area

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Just started, we'll see after a few days.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, black, and some teas, without cream or sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health reasons, relating mostly to weight and metabolic syndrome. I've found through lots of trial and error that I tend to get extremely fatigued after eating carbohydrates in most forms, however when I stick to vegetables and protein, I have energy through the day. Yesterday I was reading this news article on the Atlantic website and somehow I got connected to MarksDailyApple. I read through some of the articles and bought the 21 days book. After reading it all day yesterday, I have to admit that the information Mark presents matches up exactly with what I've found "works" for me. Seeing it in print gave me the courage to actually try and Primal up.

Favorite exercise: Walking, followed closely by hiking, swimming, and leisurely bicycle rides.

Favorite Primal food: Avocados

Best part about being Primal: I'll get back to you on this.

Worst part about being Primal: And on this as well.

hoffmatt77 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago, IL USA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 3 Weeks Primal (so far)

Do you consume dairy: I've had some raw cheeses over the last three weeks. On "flackers" (flax seed crackers).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Never used to, and now I have a coffee maker for Christmas (one or two black coffees per day)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Challenge & go to next level of fitness

Favorite exercise: P90X2 - Pushup's / Curls are my favorite. I know that's a bit off from Grok.

Favorite Primal food: Indian food - Chicken dishes without rice and Naan of course!

Best part about being Primal: Way less bloating, and not worrying about meal times and calorie counting as much.

Worst part about being Primal: Still having some bouts with energy. That's getting better.

So far this has been great. I did start this for fitness / health and trying to lose some body fat. I was 190 three weeks ago. I'm right about 180 after three weeks of Primal life! One of the other hardest parts is adjusting my workouts. I'm on week 7 of P90X2.

I also drink BB's Shakeology daily for breakfast and with some Omega 3 capsules. Besides half scoops of Results and Recovery here and there, I've stuck really close. I hope to improve even further. Headed on vacation at the end of this week, which will be a big challenge.