Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 301

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: TX

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: Getting there

Do you consume dairy: Not at the moment

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Began natural bodybuilding at age 19. Later began looking as body composition in relation to hunter/gatherers and thinking that professional bodybuilders would be a poor fit for that lifestyle...and is probably why women find those big bulking muscles unattractive. Although I wondered what a hunter/gatherer daily nutrition would look like I only recently came upon the Paleo Diet science.

Favorite exercise: Nothing particular although I get bored with a lot of distant running so that's not a favorite. I don't consider it exercise but I like hiking. Weightlifting/bodybuilding I'm neutral on. If I could only do one exercise weights would be it.

Favorite Primal food: Lean meats, fish, vegetables, fruit, and nuts.

Best part about being Primal: Losing weight, feeling hungry, and having my energy level more stable.

Worst part about being Primal: trying to explain it to others.

ALGBOY is offline Junior Member

Northern Arizona Checking In

Hi all,

Day 2. Feeling pretty good although last night was a wreck. Couldn't sleep until (you guessed it) it was time to get up.

Bruce a.k.a. ALGBOY (as in algae boy, given to me by a co-worker). I love blue-green algae as one of my favorite super foods).

I live within sight of Grand Canyon's North Rim, but on the south side, near a tourist-beholden hamlet. Occupy an off-grid home 14 unpaved miles from the highway.

54 -- but I look 53.

How primal? I'll let you know in 20 more days! Seriously, I already have zero sweet tooth. My only craving is, frankly, alcohol. I had one glass of decent Syrrah last night with the steak salad and didn't even crave a second glass.

Dairy. Pretty much a non-factor for me.

One cup of Jo in the morning. Two tops-- or my stomach gets too acidified.

Motivation? I just got my pilot's license and I want to ace my next 3rd Class Medical this Spring. I also hate all these nagging aches and pains. My vanity wants me to drop twenty to thirty pounds just to speak truth to power when I go off on fast food, MSG, sugar, fluoride, HFCS, and other bad stuff people shove in their pie holes.

Favorite Primal Food? I love sushi. Eggs from our own chickens, too. Not a huge carnivore, but a juicy ribeye every so often is great. I definitely eat to live -- not the inverse.

Best part of Primal? I hope it's the looking and feeling better thingie. Getting more fit is important to me. I'm already imagining the various work-out stations I can create just around my property: wood chopping, boulder throwing, digging tree holes with my pickaxe, marches in my cinder hills, hay bale tossing . . . And so on.

Worst part of going Primal? I do like carbs: a crusty French baguette, mashed potatoes, French fries . . . Oh well.

Blue Skies!
    Bruce

Cha
    Cha is offline Junior Member
    I'm Meagan, that name was taken so I used Cha, which has been my "caveman" name for many years. Interesting story behind that.

Your location: Texas!

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Mostly Primal

Do you consume dairy: some

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea, I love tea! I've cut out the two teaspoons of sugar I used to put in each cup.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Eat healthier.

Favorite exercise: Walking, its free and you can do it anywhere.

Favorite Primal food: I don't know yet.

Best part about being Primal: My anemia is getting better!

Worst part about being Primal: Living with 7 non-primal people.

tribe iceni is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Vancouver BC

Age (If you want): almost 57, in September so a goal would be for a slimmer and healthier new year!

How Primal are you: Quite, apart from over doing the wine part

Do you consume dairy:

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea mostly with high fat cream

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to, high blood pressure and need to be fit

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food:Bacon!

Best part about being Primal: It is easy and interesting

Worst part about being Primal:No Bread!

NinaRey is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ventura County

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: New & at least an 80%er

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. I still love my coffee every morning. I've stopped the sugar but still enjoy the cream.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be healthy, happy - a better "me"

Favorite exercise: Bike rides with my hubby

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: I love the books, the support, ALL the options!

Worst part about being Primal: I can't get my whole family to participate.

cutekittypunk is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm a newbie to the forums and a greenie to Primal living.

Your location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Just starting out... I've been vegetarian for about 3 years, and in the last two years I've started eating meat again, mostly bratwurst and smoked sausage.

Do you consume dairy: yes. Not too much milk, but I love cheese, yogurt and vla (Dutch pudding)

Do you drink coffee or tea: only herbal tea's and only sometimes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I saw that photo of Carrie Sisson and it sold me on it.

Favorite exercise: brisk walk

Favorite Primal food: speklapjes (I'm sorry I don't know what cut of meat this is called in English, as I've never seen it before in the U.S.)

Best part about being Primal: playing with the kids

Worst part about being Primal: going to sleep on time.

CricketFan is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oxfordshire, England, UK

Age (If you want):48

How Primal are you: Just started, dived in head first not totally converted to organic so about 80% Primal

Do you consume dairy: Milk and cheese but want to remove the milk

Do you drink coffee or tea:both (this is where the milk goes) trying for lemon tea and black coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: tried every 'fad diet' going with no success. I need a permanent solution to my weight problem and I'm sold on this. Primal hits every spot for me and at this early stage looks as though it is a lifestyle choice I will be able to sustain.

Favorite exercise: Hiking or in the gym, the running machine

Favorite Primal food: Any red meat!

Best part about being Primal: I've only done it for 3 weeks and I feel amazing with several health benefits already.

Worst part about being Primal: The smell of the bakery in the supermarket!

Tansy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Manhattan, NY

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: 95% Dairy and alcohol are my downfall...

Do you consume dairy: Yep

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally. Large amounts of herbal tea though

Motivator for switching to Primal: Had lost 50lbs over the past two years. Began a new relationship, drank more beer... put on ten pounds and decided to nip it in the bud before it got out of hand. Am now 5 pounds lighter. Huzzah!

Favorite exercise: Horse riding, rock climbing, dodgeball, long slow walks.

Favorite Primal food: Steak. No, Salmon. No, Broccoli! No, Wait! Bacon! Or butter? Hell, it's all so damn good

Best part about being Primal: Convincing my boyfriend that he can eat steak wrapped in bacon and still be healthy It makes both of us happy

Worst part about being Primal: Parties at friends places- there are always corn chips and guacamole is so MESSY without them...

Meegeek is offline Senior Member
    Hey Meegeek here, just started on 1/1/12. These few weeks have been fun, lost 7lbs and only into second week. Wanted to journal fast before I loose it all, jk......

Your location: Portland OR

Age (If you want): 57

How Primal are you: very I guess, but too soon to really tell

Do you consume dairy: nada

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 to 2 english breakfast during the day and a small expresso in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: friend of my daughters, but have been on low carb "diets" in the past, need a lifestyle not another diet

Favorite exercise: squeezed a pretty nice elliptical into my office (had to take it apart to get it in the door), but I am starting to get into sprinting and running stairs (during the day at work)

Favorite Primal food: meat and nuts

Best part about being Primal: meat and nuts, but I really grok Grok, just makes sense and is easy to follow

Worst part about being Primal: do miss my bourbon

Sjamgrok is offline Junior Member
    Louisiana

I am working to be completely primal. But not quite 100% yet.

No dairy except butter

I do drink coffee, but trying to convert to herbal tea

I have followed this site for a while, but in december I decided to get healthier...I had one small derail last week (was staying in hospital with family member) but have gotten back on track.

Love the simple old dips

Steak....ribeye, or ny strip

best part of being primal: STEAK

Worst: no rice (we use it in everything we cook in louisiana)