Page 297 of 601 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 6001

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 297

Biped is offline Junior Member

Newbie Joining the ranks to be counted

Shop Now
    Hi all, doing the intro and laying out my stall for the record.

How Primal are you: Aiming for 100% but just starting today

Do you consume dairy: Did but stopped yesterday

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, black, also drink green tea and Rooibos tea black

Motivator for switching to Primal: I decided last year on January 1 2011 that it was time for a change. I was coming up on 38 and weighed over 118kgs (260lb+). I am 6'4" and people didn't think I was that heavy but I could feel it while on the court or doing activities so made a plan to hit 40 for the second half of my life with a fitter healthier body than the first 40 years.

So I joined gym and got a program, kicked all booze and started hitting gym. Got a program and it did work at the start but stalled after about 2 months. Trainer gave me another program with much more cardio (50 mins) and then weights (50 mins) all in one session 3 times a week; that nearly killed and put me off as I was always tired and hungry so the diet slipped and I went backwards a bit.

I decided that she was wrong (not that I am an expert but I can learn) so I started looking on forums (bodybuilding mainly) and changed eating habits. I started new weight program based on Rippetoe Starting Strength with small bouts of cardio. I altered diet eating more meats, fish and veg while cutting carbs, I didn't know anything about Primal at the time but guessed carbs were the problem. Things kicked off again and I managed to drop about 30lbs to 104kg and felt great by summer.

Went to FL on holidays and returned to work, that got hectic, spent a lot of time on the road (poor diet) and struggling to make the gym has resulted in 4kg (9lb) going back on but staying away from alcohol kept disaster to a minimum. So over the Christmas I decided I needed a new exercise regime / lifestyle and started researching on the web.

Ironically I stumbled accross Primal from a SUP forum and was interested when it seemed to fit with what I was leaning towards and had seen working. I have signed up for a Crossfit program starting Monday night as I think that fits with what I was doing in terms of training. Funny how things kind of come together sometimes??

So there you have it, arrived here by a roundabout way and so far I am liking what I am seing. I am particularly delighted that it fits with what was working in my head but I didn't really know the reason why. I wasn't sure if my cutting carbs was correct as it was against what the general consensus was. As it turns out I'm not mad after all.

My Goal: To drop 30lb (hit 210lbs / 95kg) by August 1 and be fitter, I will turn 40 in 12 months time and will be in the best shape of my life. I'm now training and eating for the next 40 years!

Favorite exercise: Tennis, SUP, Weights

Favorite Primal food: Prime Irish Beef

Best part about being Primal: Too early to say yet

Worst part about being Primal: Going to miss good bread. Have been 12 months off the booze so there is going to be a hicup for the B'day but will try and stick to red wine and a good scotch. I honestly think that I will go off it again completely after that until I hit my goal at which point I'll assess how the odd glass of red wine impacts things.

M/39/6'4"
    Start Weight: Jan. 5, 2011 = 238lbs / 108kgs
    Goal Weight: Aug. 1 2011 = 209lbs / 95kg
    Average loss required 1lb / week

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    Hi all,

I'm a newbie, having discovered MDA while searching the net for ideas on how to get more vegetables into my diet. What I discovered was a way of living that closely coincided with what I'd discovered on my own (not through research, just paying attention to my health).

I love the freedom from the morning grains (cereal), and I'm looking forward to trying more Primal recipes (and becoming a better cook)!

Your location: FarNorCal (northern California, about an hour south of the border with Oregon)

How Primal are you: Been grain-free and veggie-loading for about 3 weeks now. Doing the LHT and sprint workouts for 2 weeks. Been legume-free since childhood (bl-l-l-ecchh!). Still have to get a copy of the book, but that's in the plan for the next week.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - greek yogurt and cheese. No milk for about 15 years since I discovered that I don't catch colds so easily when I don't drink it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cuppa joe a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: See above...I knew I wasn't getting enough vegetable matter in my diet. The enthusiasm of this crowd and the philosophy of eating well and exercising in order to be better at having fun really convinced me. I've always been fairly fit, but that insidious middle-age spread was encroaching. I broke 160lbs in 2011 for the first time. Being a naturally skinny guy I don't have any place to hide extra weight, so I'm in for the long run.

Favorite exercise: I do traditional Japanese karate the most (every day, sometimes twice a day), but anything outside is fun - playing with my dogs (#1), frisbee at work at breaktime, mountain biking.

Favorite Primal food: I had spaghetti squash last Saturday for the first time in my life. Holy cow, I'd been missing that all this time?? I've always loved barbecue, but the big-a** salads are great.

Best part about being Primal: Not having my insides feel like I've been pumped full of air (the result of eating grain-based breakfast cereal every day).

Worst part about being Primal: I need snack ideas! Handful of nuts just doesn't cut it sometimes!

Andrewsmith34567 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Manchester, UK

Age (If you want): 18

How Primal are you: Just starting, first month I think I will avoid even the 'grey' areas and take it from there

Do you consume dairy: For now no, in the future I probably will

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, Coffee compulsively though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Allergies, binge eating and lack of self control

Favorite exercise: Deadlift

Favorite Primal food: Macadamias or Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: Saying goodbye to my familiar comfort foods and recipes.

Hi everyone, I am sure I will be here very soon asking for regular assistance with cravings and binge eating. I am ready to embrace the real way we should be eating

Shanon is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just started 2 weeks ago, and I'm aiming for 100%, knowing that I'll miss it occasionally.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I try to limit it

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overweight, out of shape, and I'm way too young to feel this dang bad

Favorite exercise: Just started Cross Fit. Ring rows make me feel powerful!

Favorite Primal food: venison right now, because we have a freezer full thanks to my hunter husband!

Best part about being Primal: I feel better!

Worst part about being Primal: Lots of time in the kitchen.
    "It's never to late to be what you might have been."

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: about 70%. Still eating rice and potatoes (and nuts and fruits), and meat is mostly CAFO. Both because my better half is not primal (and not interested in becoming primal) So we have to find a way we can get along.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea, coffe on rare occasions

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was always tired, migraine and headaches, couldn't sleep

Favorite exercise: move slowly around

Favorite Primal food: eggs, bacon

Best part about being Primal: my migraine is almost gone

Worst part about being Primal: not much support around me

I started to change my diet last summer after feeling really bad (always tired, headaches, migraine). Part of it is because of Lyme disease, but I managed to feel much better just by changing my diet. I guess I could get better results if I eat 100% primal, but with no one else around me who believes in the primal lifestyle that's hard. I don't want to cook two different meals each day, and the weekends I mostly spend at my parents-in-law home where cake, cookies and bread are their main food... They understand that I eat different now, but don't really support me. Not easy...

I hope I find some support and help here.

ciaobella13 is offline Member
    Good morning!!! I've been following MDA for about a year now (and have read PB and 21-day transformation), but hubby and I finally made the decision to go primal on 12/31/2011 (last Saturday). So far, I've lost 5 pounds and he's lost 7.

Your location: Atlanta, GA

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: about 80%

Do you consume dairy: No milk, just a little bit of cheese. I miss cream in my coffee...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've tried every exercise program under the sun (P90X, Insanity, Chalean Extreme, Running, Lifting) and have not had a change in body fat composition in quite a while (30%). I've realized I've got to eat properly to see that change! I'm also motivated to get away from CW because diabetes runs in my family and I had been diagnosed with insulin resistance in the past.

Favorite exercise: Squats

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye steak!!! YUMMY!!!

Best part about being Primal: Ribeye steak!!! and....of course the results!

Worst part about being Primal: Occasionally, I miss sweet treats...

Снежко is offline Junior Member
    Mark's Daily Apple потрясающ. Спасибо и успехов в работе!

Selkie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: I have been living the primal lifestyle for two weeks today.

Do you consume dairy: Mozzarella Cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, love tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Became severely overweight through my adult years. Went to doctor after doctor and was basically told the exact opposite of everything I have found on this site...tired and at my wits end, I searched online and found PB where I read about "Dave".

Favorite exercise: Dance

Favorite Primal food: Macadamias, Eggs, Steak

Best part about being Primal: Massive swelling in legs-GONE. Swollen feet-GONE. Lethargy-GONE. Knee pain-GONE. Breathing-much easier, hope for the first time in over fifteen years that I may actually have some kind of healthy life to look forward to.

Worst part about being Primal: Non-supportive people who don't understand what PB lifestyle is.

Question: Has anyone here lost SIGNIFICANT weight....I mean, all weight loss is significant, but has anyone, particularly women who have had children, lost 80 pounds or more and if so; what about skin. I am worried being so large that if I have similar weightloss to those posting on this site....I may have sagging skin? Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and if they have found anything to help.

sallycali is offline Junior Member
    Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Off and on for over a year and 86 lbs down! 80 to go!

Do you consume dairy: Yes but I make my own cheese and ricotta.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup tea daily, sometimes coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Because I have known not to eat grains for a long time see Natural Health Information Articles and Health Newsletter by Dr. Joseph Mercola and was looking for some better recipes and I think my search term was gluten free lemon bars or power bars and came across MDA! Lucky me!

Favorite exercise: Yoga. Loves me some yoga! And kettle bells. And Sprints (intervals)

Favorite Primal food: Almonds, steaks, .......

Best part about being Primal: It is something my husband agreed to do with me. We have looked at other grain free plans but Marks physique was what sold him. He knows he wont be a skinny rail and that makes both of happy!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to cater weddings and parties knowing what I now know about food. Makes me feel hypocritical.
    Always willing to meet up for primal potlucks and activities in the Sacramento area!!!

sallycali is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I have lost 86 lbs and have some skin sagging but way less than my girlfriend who has lost as much as I have with too much cardio and no fat, high grains, little meats. She looks like she could use a steak! Who cares about a bit of skin when you start feeling well. Just do it and then figure out the skin issue. Best of luck to you.
    Always willing to meet up for primal potlucks and activities in the Sacramento area!!!