Page 296 of 621 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 296

DruidQueen is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Houma and Lafayette, Louisiana and Arnett, Oklahoma

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Still in the learning stages.

Do you consume dairy: Somewhat. Since I was little, milk products after a certain time of day make me sleepwalk consistently. I do some other times, but milk is a sure thing.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been trying to lose weight and be healthier for about a year. I like the idea of cutting out the grains and processed junk, so I want to see if I can do it. I should be able to.

Favorite exercise: Riding my bike.

Favorite Primal food: Hmm...deer jerky. My family hunts and I have a giant dehydrator.

Best part about being Primal: It's only my second day, but mentally I'm feeling better about myself. For the moment, it's all in my head, but I know that physically I'll be a lot better off in the future.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm a college student. I stay in a dorm during the semester. I'm required to buy a meal plan that pays for 10 meals a week in the cafeteria.

grokingit is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Jacksonville, FL

Age (If you want): 40's

How Primal are you: just starting

Do you consume dairy: only skim milk with coffee in the AM; about

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both;mostly coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: enhance overall health and fitness, "naturally"

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts

Favorite Primal food:too early to tell

Best part about being Primal:TBD

Worst part about being Primal:TBD

linuxturtle is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Front Range, Colorado

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Um, 30% maybe? I've been trying to eat primal for the past month or so.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I love milk & cheese (I've switched from 1% milk to whole milk, and am loving it even more now ;-) ).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yuck, no.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm 6'2", and two months ago I was 328lb. I had chronic acid reflux, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, etc... Shortly after reading the incredibly depressing "Fat Trap" article about how my body will never allow me to have less fat than I do now, I read a few MDA posts, and the stories and science just "clicked" for me. Reading Mark's posts and the success stories lifted my spirits enough that I decided to try the 30 day challenge. I've lost 20lb so far without even trying, without any cravings, and I feel better already than I have in years. The acid reflux is completely gone, and I have high hopes that my other conditions will subside as I lose more fat. Unless something major happens, I don't plan on ever going back

Favorite exercise: Racquetball

Favorite Primal food: Whole yogurt with berries.

Best part about being Primal: Losing fat, feeling great, no cravings, never feeling like I'm depriving myself.

Worst part about being Primal: It's hard to find decent primal food at restaurants, family gatherings, etc... Oh, and I still really want a big hunk of homemade bread when my wife bakes it and the smell permeates the house .

emode2011 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sunny Tucson Arizona

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: No milk, blue cheese in salads and shredded cheddar on eggs occasionally. Sometimes real unsalted butter is used during cooking but most if not always olive oil or coconut oil.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes… both. Unsweetened. Trying to cut back on the coffee and up the green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Former 400 lb guy who got down to 250 lbs and became incredibly fit but can't lose the last 50...then gained 30 of it back in 2011 and now back to lose the last 80 in 2012!
    I felt great when I was Primal in the past. I now know this is not a temp thing but a life thing.

Favorite exercise: Anything with a Kettlebell! Nothing kicks my arse like a heave met-con Kettlebell Workout.
    Cycling around town is nice, but it can be dangerous at times.

Favorite Primal food: Meat and Broccoli

Best part about being Primal: The amazing feeling I get when my body is happy with the food I am giving it. I can seriously tell the difference when I eat “clean” compared to the days in 2011 when I would stop at fast food places trying to make it paleo by throwing out the bun. It was still crap without the bun.

Worst part about being Primal: The convenience factor. Having snacks ready or meals pre-cooked so I don’t swing by the fast food joint when I’m ready to eat and have no time to cook a meal.
    Former 400 lb guy who got down to 250 lbs and became incredibly fit but can't lose the last 50 ...then gained 30+ of it back in 2011 and now back to lose the last 80 in 2012! (Jan 2012) Lesson from 2011 - Don't go back to SAD and quit your crossfit workouts thinking you are going to loose 50 more pounds! Lesson learned. Onward and upward!

http://primalE.wordpress.com

Americanitis is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Phoenix AZ

Age (If you want): 34

Do you consume dairy: Yes, occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, black or w/ unsweet coconut milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: Struggled with depression/anxiety in 20s, found a doc who recommended natural diet rather than meds (so lucky to have found him!) which sent me on a journey of low-carb, Atkins, then paleo, then finally here. I have always felt better and been in great shape eating this way. Doc's rule: if man made it or changed it, don't put it in your mouth. Also, raised w/ big garden and lots of game in rural PA...just getting back to it!

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Venison

Best part about being Primal: Mental clarity and energy

Worst part about being Primal: Either good sourdough bread or baked Xmas goodies...but gets easier every year!

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    Hi! I just registered today; have been eating primal since the weekend after Thanksgiving...

How primal? Probably 70/30 on aggregate... im a bit of an underachiever and much more of a tortoise than a hare!
    Dairy? Yes to some cheeses and greek yogurt
    Coffee/Tea? yes, please, in moderation
    Motivator: Crass vanity... discovered I sleep normally and have more energy as a fluke...
    Favorite exercise: I like to be outdoors: walking, hiking, riding my cruiser bike on errands; I also have a serious Zumba habit for fun.
    Favorite primal food: there are so many! Love the artisanal bacon/salumi, the beautiful seasonal veg, the pastured meats
    Best part of being primal: how it feels...
    Worst part of being primal: remembering to plan ahead for best food choices...

Sassafrass is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Vernon BC Canada

Age (If you want):49

Do you consume dairy: Only Cottage cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Type 2 Diabetic, over weight, bleuch....

Favorite exercise: Calf raises

Favorite Primal food: Prime rib steak!!!

Best part about being Primal: I am very new at this... so I will let you know the best part when it happens ( I am hoping it will be ...massive weight loss, tons of energy, over-all great health!!)

Worst part about being Primal: Right now? The carb cravings!!!! arrrggghhhh...

katerbee is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Williams, AZ

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Just started... I am going to try to be mostly Primal

Do you consume dairy: yes, butter and occasionally cream in recipes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and health gain

Favorite exercise: snowboarding, horseback riding

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: not known yet

Worst part about being Primal: the headaches during this initial period.

emode2011 is offline Junior Member
    Hello fellow Arizonan. Good luck!
    Former 400 lb guy who got down to 250 lbs and became incredibly fit but can't lose the last 50 ...then gained 30+ of it back in 2011 and now back to lose the last 80 in 2012! (Jan 2012) Lesson from 2011 - Don't go back to SAD and quit your crossfit workouts thinking you are going to loose 50 more pounds! Lesson learned. Onward and upward!

http://primalE.wordpress.com

beckers1975us is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Germany - for now

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: On the 21-day Challenge, so 100% Grok.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but going with local & raw as much as possible

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being Sick and Tired.

Favorite exercise: Walking, in the sun.

Favorite Primal food: Tri-tip steak on the BBQ

Best part about being Primal: So far, 4 days in, I've lost 5 lbs.

Worst part about being Primal: So far, 4 days in, I am one cranky witch.