Page 294 of 629 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 6285

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 294

cdhale is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Rural Texas

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Just starting, but really primal for about 3 days.

Do you consume dairy: No. I did the McDougall thing for a year or so, so haven't had dairy for a long time.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee never. Hate it. Tea, regularly, but unsweetened.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have to take charge of my health. I am overweight and out of shape. I used to be a lean mean fighting machine, but now I am just fluffy and slow (and often out of breath).

Favorite exercise: Currently, walking, because I can do it.

Favorite Primal food: I love meat and vegetables. I REALLY love eggs.

Best part about being Primal:I know this works because people I respect have followed this system to great success.

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't done it long enough to really have any major negatives yet.

SJean is offline Member
    Hi everyone, like several who have posted, Jan. 1, yesterday was Day One of Paleo for me. I'm 48, live in CT, and have arthritis in my toes. Have orthodtics in my shoes and just keep on walking, running, cycling, doing yoga, lifting weights.....with days I can't do any of it due to parental and work responsibilities. I have ten lbs. to lose but more importantly I'm wanting to be free of the sugar/carb highs and lows. My sig. other, who is a super fit 54 yr old (cycling maniac) is doing this Paleo thing too and we both started yesterday. I got rid of all the granola and supposedly healthy cereals yesterday in the compost pile - made some wonderful Paleo cookbook recipes and didn;t feel deprived. But Day One is always the easiest, right?

Major confession - I am a coffee addict. My office is a stone's throw from Starbucks and I just love the stuff. I like the research that came out recently that drinking coffee with caffeine is protective against depression. I know another study will soon come out negating the first but for now I'm going to cling to the idea that it's good for me. I've given up alcohol (7 yrs., thank you AA), all those things we all did in h.s., college, grad school -- so coffee is one vice I'm not willing to give up.

jandre78 is offline Junior Member
    Hi all!

I have been reading the Primal blueprint now for a couple of days and finding it very interesting. I have read numerous similar books, most notably "why we get fat" by Gary Taubes. My main interests are feeling healthy and losing some weight. I did really well and lost 2 stone on a low carb and weight training system. But then I went on holiday form 3 weeks in April last year and I completely over did it. Since then I have been mountain biking but not etching what I eat at all and the weight has remained on. I have also had a really great Christmas but now it is time to get myself back on track. I have 2 little boys and I want to be able to keep up with them and be around as long as possible. I look forward to meeting you all and reading all the posts ( ok not all the posts ) on here.

Your location: Hertfordshire, England

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: not very ( yet )

Do you consume dairy: At the moment I have milk and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of joe and some red bush tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have enjoyed other low carb systems and the Mark's book and site have enspired me

Favorite exercise: Mountain biking and weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: Meat! I'm originally from South Africa and eating meat comes naturally to me!

Best part about being Primal: That still remains to be seen. Hopefully feeling energised and healthy

Worst part about being Primal: No Ben and Jerrie's! I have an extreme sweet tooth.

ukang is offline Junior Member
    Hi from the UK.
    A traditional low fat dieter...but finding it impossible to live with it long term and therefore despite pass success, have ended up "yoyo-ing".
    Have been reading the PB and its fascinating. I want a sustainable way of eating that gives me the weight management that is important to me. Maybe this is it! The science is most impressive but past attempts at low carb have not been successful..I am not sure why but possibly because of too high a calorie intake.

I have had a wonderful Christmas and New Year and am going to have a go with this new approach for me.

Your location: Norfolk, England

How Primal are you: not yet but starting

Do you consume dairy: a little milk in coffee and occasional cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of coffee, 1 cup earl grey tea and then green tea for the rest of the day

Motivator for switching to Primal: the book is well thought through and impressive

Favorite exercise: walking my dog every morning at 7am

Favorite Primal food: chicken

Best part about being Primal: I am hoping to lose the pre-occupation with food and to feel more energy

Worst part about being Primal: am worried I may have to give up dried fruit and nuts completely as I almost always overeat with them

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

BartB is offline Junior Member
    Hello from Oklahoma. My name is Bart. I am 53 yrs old and have been reading MDA for a couple of years. I decided that now is the time to take the plunge. I am 5ft 9inches tall and in 2007 I weighed 300 pounds. For the last couple of years I have maintained my weight at around 200 pounds-stuck there actually. I have had high blood pressure for years and had quite a scare in June when my bp was out of control. My dr. increased my prescription and told me that I would never be med-free.

My goals for 2012 are to go primal, give up grains, give up sugar, eat as organic as possible, lose 60 pounds, and quit my meds forever.

Since this is only day 2 of attempting to be primal I don't really have the answers to the questions about being primal.

Primal G is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Bay Area, Ca

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Started about 1 month ago...very committed, but with the holidays I've allowed some slips (alcohol mostly, no grains or other crap)

Do you consume dairy: Very very sparingly. Maybe some select cheese on a salad. Otherwise coconut and almond milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Little. Maybe a cup of coffee or an espresso/day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To feel better, mentally and physically. But mostly, to look better naked!!

Favorite exercise: Boxing

Favorite Primal food: Bacon...it makes everything better. Even bacon.

Best part about being Primal:Besides eating all the meats, their skins, and juices I want and not feeling an ounce of guilt about it? Probably not feeling like sh*t after eating a meal based on the SAD and CW! I never get that sick, bloated, I'm a piece of crap feeling I've become used to on the typical SAD lifestyle. Amazing!

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out, and not planning my meals out ahead of time. That just makes it harder to avoid the quick easy 'fixes' that cause so many health problems.

Drift is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Not at all yet. I have been reading the blog for a while and have tried a few recipes here and there but with the New Year I am going to go primal to help get into shape for the rugby season and my wedding.

Do you consume dairy: Yeah, in my coffee and that's it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I am a coffee fiend, 3 cups a day is a low day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Getting healthy and back into shape.

Favorite exercise: Squats or a game of rugby.

Favorite Primal food: Primal Buffalo Wings.

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet.

Melisa is offline Member
    Grundy Center, Iowa (Not exactly primal friendly in the land of corn and confinements!)
    The Questions:

Your location: Grundy Center, Iowa

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Newbie, but I went all the way (On the Whole30 now)

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: The science made a lot of sense to me, and oatmeal gave me gas lol

Favorite exercise: I LOVE squats!

Favorite Primal food: Meat, ribeye to be exact

Best part about being Primal: It really is easy. I think too many people overthink it.

Worst part about being Primal: Iowa, home of corn and beef and pork confinements isn't exactly Primal friendly. And, my husband can't wrap his brain around it so keeps bringing sugary junk into the house.

CrunchyMama is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Washington DC Metro area

Age (If you want): 40-mumble mumble....

How Primal are you: Mostly. Still too much cider and gluten-free beer, but I've cut back and am still cutting a bit at a time. :-)

Do you consume dairy: Yogurt is the only dairy we can handle without major upset, that and my homemade sour cream. I make my own yogurt and sour cream, though, and we eat it either plain or with a bit of vanilla and (for the kids) a drop or two of stevia, and I've been known to do a breakfast smoothie in a pinch that's half-yogurt and half-coconut milk and is super-filling. (Got the idea from Eat Fat, Lose Fat, but the straight-up coconut milk was making me queasy, hence the remaining yogurt.)

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2-3 cups a day most days, trying to replace with water after 10AM, moving that time back incrementally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Getting healthy and back into shape.

Favorite exercise: I like pushing weights around, like the feel of resistance, but can't afford the gym so I'm enjoying the Primal Fitness e-book stuff. Gives me enough "push" to make me happy. Pushups, really, probably my favorite (not my rotator cuff's, but mine.).

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. (is this a trick question? LOL)

Best part(s) about being Primal: Staying healthy when everyone around me is getting sick, having kids who are more level-headed (usually) than their peers, coping with my Hasimoto's thyroiditis without meds for now at least.

Worst part about being Primal: I confess I miss pizza, as do my girls; it's so sad when their school has pizza parties and birthday parties and my kids know they shouldn't partake but it's right THERE, and I totally feel for them. :-( That and I miss being able to drink regular normal beer and patronizing my local microbrew, but it makes my joints hurt now. *sigh*

bellavida is offline Member
    Hello everyone! I'm excited to join MDA...I've been lurking for a bit, have eaten primal off/on and am excited to make it my lifestyle, my launch date is 1/3/12

How primal are you: Plan to do 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, full fat yogurt-sour cream-cheese-heavy cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love both, drink coffee daily and tea on occasion

Motivator to switching to Primal: Avoid the standard aging diseases and generally to look/feel better

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite primal food: Nitrate-free bacon and my dad's homemade chorizo and longaniza (mexican spicy sausage, both nitrate free)

Best part about being Primal: Knowing I am eating as nature intended and feeling great when I do, without the insulin surges and sugar crashes

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain to others why I am not eating wheat, corn, soy