Page 291 of 673 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 6725

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Shop Now
    Your location: Chicago, IL

How Primal are you: Just getting started, but I know I've always been a VERY primal guy on the inside!

Do you consume dairy: I do eat cheese, and occasionally sour cream. I've never been a milk drinker really.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Sometimes have coffee, but I'm very much in the minority when it comes to coffee. Almost everyone in my office chugs coffee or soda throughout the day, I hardly ever do.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've known about the insulin theory for about a year now, thanks to a good friend of mine that's a nutritionist. He insisted I watch the documentary "Fathead" which first educated me on this topic. Then I heard Mark on the Peter Schiff radio show, and knew I had to read The Primal Blueprint. I just finished it a couple days ago, and I'm ready to change my life.

Favorite exercise: Freeweight lifting

Favorite Primal food: BEEF

Best part about being Primal: Getting back the energy that I used to have, and losing the stubborn belly fat

Worst part about being Primal: Like most Americans, I truly love potatoes and all of the potato-related products. Also, I'm a big fan of pizza : (

Wink Hello all, and so it begins

Hi, my nmae is Robert and I living in Wellington, New Zealand.

My primal living starts tomorrow !

How Primal have I been up until now?

Do I consume dairy: yes, milk in coffee, no butter...

Do I drink coffee or tea: yes both. Although I think I will be haiving real cream in my coffees from now on!

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want playful good health, to live as I should be living.

My favorite exercise: is building and riding mountain bike tracks. Although, I am hoping to also get back into the thing I loved as a lad: running for fun!

Favorite Primal food: SImple Meat and veggies..?

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet. Eating less processed crap? Even blood sugar? Rude health? :-)

Worst part about being Primal: finding the high fat alternatives!

This should be some adventure, cheers for reading!

Rob

Your location: Washington State

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Been on/off for the past few months, but ready to get my Grok on again.

Do you consume dairy: Since my family is mostly Dutch, I do and tolerate it well.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink both!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Back injury in August of 2011. Made me think a lot about my health. Switched to Merrell barefoot shoes and remembered watching Fat Head several months before then. It just clicked from there. Being based in actual science is a plus too.

Favorite exercise: Walking and lifting (patients)!

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I feel great, I'll look great, and I have the opportunity to educate others who want to be healthy.

Worst part about being Primal: The crap I get from obese vegetarians/whole-grainers.

Your location: NYC

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: partially and I fall of the wagon all the time

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, (college student)

Motivator for switching to Primal: it makes sense

Favorite exercise: walking, dancing

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: my health and fitness have improved even though I'm always falling of the wagon

Worst part about being Primal: other people.. I don't have the patience for non believers.

Hi. This is my first post here

Your location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I tried it for a month this past October and am trying to get back on track. I feel great while doing it, and believe in it, but so far it's been a big challenge.

Do you consume dairy: I kept eating dairy when I was primal, which included cream in my morning coffee, whole fat greek yogurt in my morning smoothie, and a little cheese once in a while.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been overweight pretty much all my life. I have a slow metabolism and have always gained weight easily. I also have a tough time with carb cravings. If I eat carbs for breakfast, I crave carbs all day and feel ravenously hungry. I'm an emotional eater on top of that, been that way since the 3rd grade. I find that when I cut down on carbs, it takes away the cravings. And exercise helps me deal with my emotions. I just have to work at it day by day to break my pattern. When I came upon this website, this way of life just makes sense for me.

Favorite exercise: I used to love rough, heart pumping exercise classes like spinning and kickboxing, but now I understand why I feel so hungry afterwards! I continue to do kickboxing exercise DVDs now and then but of shorter duration. When the weather is nice, I love taking walks.

Favorite Primal food: At the moment, Spaghetti Squash with grass-fed meat sauce

Best part about being Primal: Having lots of energy

Worst part about being Primal: Having a husband who refuses to go primal with me

Quote Originally Posted by primalbritt View Post

Worst part about being Primal: The crap I get from obese vegetarians/whole-grainers.
    I feel the same!lol

Hi, there! My name is Pablo. I'm a Brazilian economist from Rio de Janeiro (great place to visit, by the way).

Your location: Well, Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.

Age (If you want): 31.

How Primal are you: I'm not exactly primal right now (bread every morning and too much dairy through out the day), but I'm considering it strongly.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, heavily (milk and Brazilian White Cheese).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health.

Favorite exercise: Capoeira (the Brazilian "martial art").

Favorite Primal food: a good steak.

Smile Introduction of a primal newbie

Your location: Urbana, IL

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: About to start the program in about a week and very excited!!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, and I plan to continue Greek yogurt and a bit of good cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I may experiment with switching to green tea and save coffee as a weekend treat--maybe.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Past experience tells me my only success involves "tweaking" my carb consumption: Carb Addicts, South Beach. I suspect I'm extra sensitive to wheat and know that I usually have more energy without grains in my diet.

Favorite exercise: Walking and yoga

Favorite Primal food: Either butter, steak or a pork or lamb roast.

Best part about being Primal: Not having to do without fat

Worst part about being Primal: Probably the first day or two (I'm guessing)? That and eating out with hidden carbs like cornstarch in everything.

Your location: Southern California

Age (If you want): FINE...33

How Primal are you: 90%; I started 12/23/11 and I've eaten off-the-grid for stuff like Christmas breakfast, etc.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I am a good Scandinavian girl!

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't use coffee, it uses me.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've noticed a problem when I eat wheat for about two years now...if I had beer and pizza when out with friends, it was a guarantee of having to cut the night short and go home b/c of GI distress. I was following a bodybuilding-type diet for a long time (dedicated lifter) and it didn't feel right to eat nothing but protein all the time, and I stopped seeing progress. I happened across MDA a while ago looking for GF recipes.

Favorite exercise: I'm a new Crossfitter, so I can definitely name my LEAST favorite and that is FRAN.

Favorite Primal food: Butter

Best part about being Primal: My stomach is finally happy with me and I don't have to go home early to spend hours in the bathroom all night (sorry for the TMI.) My skin is clear too!

Worst part about being Primal: I still log my food into Livestrong because I'm paranoid, but that's more of a "me" problem and less of a primal problem.

Shop Now
    The Questions:

Your location:
    Palo Alto, CA (USA)

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    I'd say about 70% for the last 3 weeks now, increasing that percentage every day :-)

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes - grass-fed butter, cheese (trying to stick with minimally processed), milk in my coffee once per week

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Caffeine-free tea (green tea, chamomile, pomegranate, etc.) on a daily basis and one non-fat milk latte per week
    Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise:
    Hiking (there are so many beautiful spots in the San Francisco Bay Area)

Favorite Primal food:
    Anything with eggs and bacon! Oh, and the whiskey pulled pork I made a few days ago was heaven!

Best part about being Primal:
    Where to start... sleeping better, looking better, feeling better - to name a few!

Worst part about being Primal:
    Limiting my wine consumption to an acceptable level ;-)