Page 290 of 601 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 6010

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 290

Taimis is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Manila, Philippines

How Primal are you: 80/20, I suppose.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, usually in the form of cheese and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I've been a long time tea drinker and am learning to appreciate coffee just now.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and, more importantly--though this might sound silly--just in case I slip from a ledge, I want to be strong enough to be able to hang on and pull myself up. (In short, I want to become strong, period.)

Favorite exercise: Dance--from ballet to silly dancing with my nieces. It's been years since I've taken formal classes though.

Favorite Primal food: Salmon.

Best part about being Primal: Despite falling off the wagon from time to time, I find Primal principles natural to follow. They just make sense to me.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out is difficult considering how much of a rice country Philippines is. (It's a real pain when I don't get to fix lunch for work.)

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Mid-Atlantic, USA

How Primal are you: Not yet. Planning to start New Year's Day 2012

Do you consume dairy: Probably will eat some butter, some ghee and small amounts of cottage cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Both. Often.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need an overall lifestyle change. I have two small kids and I've been getting less healthy with each passing year. Time for me to change that.

Favorite exercise: I like running and body weight exercises. Though truthfully, if I had the cash, I'd go back to martial arts classes.

Favorite Primal food: Based on my knowledge of the diet, I'd say bison and eggs.

Best part about being Primal: No idea yet, but I am guessing I will find the results to be the best part.

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up the grains. Wheat makes me feel bloated, but I love pasta.

Kris P is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Queensland, Australia

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: Approximately a week

Do you consume dairy: No, but considering Greek Yoghurt (depending on whether it makes me bloated)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea only

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and high blood pressure

Favorite exercise: Combined elements of silat, taiji, xingyi & bagua, walking and planning to run again when I get to an acceptable weight

Favourite Primal food: Fried liver & onion, Lamb chops & vegie, Steak ... why do I have to choose only one?

Best part about being Primal: It makes sense and it's free-wheeling, I can eat the stuff I like and banish hunger ... time will tell, I'll give it a 6 month trial and if I feel the benefits I'll adopt this as a lifestyle

Worst part about being Primal: the labelling e.g Primal, SAD etc .. it just so U.S. ;o) .. but it's worth it just to mix it up and meet up with you good folk

emerson is offline Member
    Your location: Fort Worth, TX!
    How Primal are you: Best I can be...
    Do you consume dairy: No.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, black.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: This body's the only one I got.
    Favorite exercise: Sprints. I gotta goal to run under a 50 second 1/4 mile.
    Favorite Primal food: food that I buy from the guy that raises it down the road. Part of the whole point you ask me...
    Best part about being Primal: Being in the best shape of my life.
    Worst part about being Primal: Not sure my family supports me.

dpeno is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Centreville, VA

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only cheese, and not a huge amount.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in the morning at work and unsweet tea at meals out.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to lose weight.

Favorite exercise: Elipitical

Favorite Primal food: Chicken and salad

Best part about being Primal: Not as hungry as I was on a calorie watching diet.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure, nothing is really bad yet.

Renobiker is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Reno,NV

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I am new to this so I would say I am like a recruit still starting to implement it in my eating.

Do you consume dairy: Minimal mostly through cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Iced Tea being originally from the South thats a normal drink for me.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A freind switched and lost like 13lbs in 2 weeks.

Favorite exercise:Outdoor anything

Favorite Primal food: Meats

Best part about being Primal:Eating Meat

Worst part about being Primal:Trying to get it implemented in daily life and buying the items needed to do it right.

Parshath is offline Junior Member

I should probably introduce myself

Your location: Saskatchewan, Canada

How Primal are you: Hard to say, as I've had my battles with compliance, being the only person I know who has a remotely open mind about straying from gov recommendations for diet. When it's on, it's on like Donkey Kong, solid 90% or better.

Do you consume dairy: Yogurt, on the very rare occasion cream. It's not that I avoid cream, I only use it in some curries.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love tea, and only fresh ground coffee, it's a bust if you didn't grind it immediately before brewing it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I couldn't maintain calorie counting, and the overall starvation feeling that accompanied it. I needed an alternative that worked.

Favorite exercise: Right now, half-squat into the couch. The holiday season is crazy for me. I really like the "Wichita Falls Novice Program" Mark Rippetoe teaches.

Favorite Primal food: Prime Rib Steak. I love steak in general, but there is a soft spot for the prime rib.

Best part about being Primal: The disassociation of my watch and eating habits, not calorie counting, easily maintaining a 70 lbs lighter me. Mirrors no longer reflect disappointment.

Worst part about being Primal: Like most, the social and family aspect. I actually get reamed on more from my family then friends. Should have seen grandma after I passed on the stuffing.

Philmont Scott is offline Junior Member

Wink Introducing Philmont Scott

For anyone wondering about the name, yes, I am referring to Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico. I have been there 3 times, and I want to go back in about 2015 with my son. Right now, I am in no shape to go, but I want to be, and that a is a secondary motivation for going primal.

Your location: Loudoun County, Virginia

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: I am successfully avoiding all grains and sugars beyond "condiment" quantities. (i.e., I don't freak out yet over whether my mustard or ketchup has some HFCS in it, or if a meat is very lightly breaded.)

I have a lot of bison in the freezer at home, which we eat as our primary "red" meat. My wife got into it years ago when she was on Weight Watchers, because it was only 1 point per ounce instead of 2 points per ounce. We kept buying it because we get a good deal on it (by the half or whole animal) and because we grew to prefer it over beef. Other than that, I am not yet paying too much attention to how my meat and vegetables are raised, especially when I am eating out.

I have given up plain milk completely, mostly because I associate it so closely with Cinnamon Life cereal (which must be healthy, it has whole grain oats, right?).

I am restricting cheese. I discovered that I need to limit my cheese/dairy, as a single meal with LOTS of cheese (a grain free "lasagna" I tried to make) made my gut feel "like normal"... that is, the bad old normal before I went Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Limited. See above.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee, never could stomach the stuff. I am not sure about tea. Tea, even green tea, was mostly a crutch for me in situations when I didn't have, or was trying to restrict, soda. I feel better without any of it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: December 8, I went to the ER with chest pain. It was not cardiac, but it was a wake up call. I looked at myself, honestly, and I realized I needed to change something. Primal seemed to make sense to me. My first meal where I was trying hard to be primal was December 13, and my first full day was December 14. I suppose that makes today day 16.

Favorite exercise: Backpacking, or even hiking out of doors in general. For indoor work, the recumbent bicycle is a friend, and I enjoy throwing the medicine balls up over my head and catching them.

Favorite Primal food: Grilled Bison steak

Best part about being Primal: All this energy! And the quality of the sleep I am getting. And waking up 1 hour before the alarm. And heading to the gym because I feel like it.

Worst part about being Primal: Evolutionary Biology

As a committed Christian, and a creationist, the "literal 6 day" kind, all of the evolutionary biology explanations for why the science is the way it is made going Primal very difficult. Mark and I are pretty much on the same page that humans were perfectly designed about 10,000 years ago, and that things have gone downhill fast since then. We just differ on how we got to that perfectly designed state.

I first read about, and was intrigued by Primal, due to Karen deCoster and/or Mark Sisson's articles on LRC over a year ago. It took this long (and the wake up call I referenced above) to get me to actually start.

mary_beth is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Wisconsin

Age (If you want): 36 (but feel more like 26!)

How Primal are you: I'm fairly Primal...but have room for improvement!

Do you consume dairy: Yep! I live in Wisconsin after all!

Do you drink coffee or tea: No way!

Motivator for switching to Primal: I stumbled across Mark's blog this past summer and it all clicked!

Favorite exercise: I just like being active! I like to switch it up to keep it interesting!

Favorite Primal food: venison, coconut (but not together!)

Best part about being Primal: I feel like I'm in on some great secret that the followers of Conventional Wisdom just don't get!

Worst part about being Primal: Hey...is this a trick question?

adameads is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Your location: Lexington, KY

How Primal are you: Just got started today

Do you consume dairy: Some organic butter is it so far

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't love either, but can do both occasionally. Prefer iced green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: My two daughters, and in interest/respect for evolutionary things

Favorite exercise: 4 hour walks. Preferably with a long stick in my hand and my eye on a tiny white ball.

Favorite Primal food: fresh organic fruit - although I guess I need to find a new one for a little while till my body composition is down to where I want it

Best part about being Primal: I feel pretty good on Day 1, have only eaten about 1400 calories, and my wife has taken an interest to do it with me.

Worst part about being Primal: Beer. I'll miss it.