Page 288 of 620 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 6198

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 288

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Los Angeles area

Age (If you want): 43 yr old male

How Primal are you: very (but only 9-10 days in)

Do you consume dairy: raw milk only, raw cream, butter and very limited cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee (I want to eliminate this, but not just yet...I want to make sure I am solid with eating right before I get over the coffee)

Motivator for switching to Primal: makes so much sense. Mainly wanted to get as healthy as possible, but at 43, I see my body headed down a path (my physical appearance) that I want no part of being on. So, time to stop thinking about making a change, and get on with doing it.

Favorite exercise: pull up's on the gymnastics rings; also simply walking and running sprints.

Favorite Primal food: I had a grass fed, hormone free ribeye steak last night that blew me away (almost never had steak/ red meat over the last 10-20 years)

Best part about being Primal: feel so much lighter and energetic; the physical change I see when I look in the mirror.

Worst part about being Primal: my wife is a vegetarian; she wants to make the change with me, but won't start eating meat.

pmoses is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Kitchener, Ontario Canada

Age (If you want): 56-female
    How Primal are you: very, for over a month

Do you consume dairy: only organic old cheddar and only a few times a week. Butter for cooking and melting on steamed vegg.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee I only drink tea, primarily black or green but later in the day, peppermint or other herbal.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm desperate to lose some weight. I've got a post menopausal gut that showed up about 3 years ago and will NOT go away. I feel awful with this excess weight and have tried all the traditional stuff to no avail. (I'm not finding primal to any different, unfortunately)

Favourite exercise: hiking, weights

Favourite Primal food: Roast beast, fried (skinless) chicken in butter, and of course loads of steamed leafy greens with melted butter.

Best part about being Primal: Haven't experienced them yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Thinking that this is just another dead end for me and my hope of weight loss.

BonnieDee is offline Junior Member
    Hi I'm Bonnie, I live in Tennessee, I haven't started the Primal lifestyle yet. Still reading the book. I do consume dairy, coffee, and tea. I want to switch to Primal because in addition to the large amount of weight I have to lose, I have long suspected that carbs were the cause of my gastrointestinal and digestive problems. I also recently started having high blood pressure.

HarpLady is offline Member
    Hi, I'm Terri. I've been lurking around this site for awhile now, on and off, so it's about time I join the fun!

Your location: St. Louis, MO

Age (If you want): 52, turning 53 in January

How Primal are you: Right now, I'd say about 90%.

Do you consume dairy: I do not. Dairy has caused me to break out in a rash of hives on my hand (in the exact same spot every time) for years, and even worse, it causes my kidneys and bladder not to work right. This is a problem that plagued me my whole life, and I after years of denial, bargaining, anger, etc, I finally reached a point of acceptance at age 33. There were a wide variety of experiments (goats milk, manchego (sheep's milk cheese), raw milk, knifer, all to no avail. I've actually been a good girl for a long time in this department, but a week ago I convinced myself to try one more experiment, ghee. I've heard others can get away with it, and so I bought a small jar, purity farms brand, and used it for a week. It was awesome, until the tell tale urinary problems cropped up...<sigh>. But that's ok, it was an experiment, and I've been a scientist where my body is concerned for years.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't handle caffeine well, so coffee is rare, and then only decaf. I am a big fan of English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, straight Assam, and other tea varietals, especially Matcha, Sencha, and Dragonwell...ok...I love tea...all kinds...

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. I was a vegetarian for a long long time, vegan 7 of those years, even a raw foodie for several months. I felt awesome at first, then the health problems started, getting sick over and over with lung ailments. Also, no matter how "good" I was, I kept gaining weight. Also, My guts were leaky, my teeth were cracking, my chiropractor kept telling me to start eating meat, and I didn't want to for what I thought were social and politically correct reasons. Also, when I tried to add grains back into my diet, I couldn't digest them. Then I entered my info on fit day to see how my meals rated on nutrients, realized how deficient I was in a variety of areas. The I read a book called the Yoga of Eating, by charles eisenstein, (which I highly recommend!). I've been eating primal (more or less) for a few years, and have felt really good, except for back in august when I started reminiscing about some of my old vegetarian recipes, and also had awesome tomatoes in my garden. Next thing you know, I'm eating BLTs on ezekial toast, and having a variety of grain and bean concoctions. At the end of august my lung ailment came back, and yet I persisted in eating carbs. After several weeks I finally cleaned my diet back up, healed myself, and am back on track. Hopefully for good. My body is tired of being a lab rat.

Favorite exercise: Walking, gardening, belly dancing, free weights

Favorite Primal food: Nothing can beat a grilled steak, med rare please!

Best part about being Primal: I feel better, and I like eating fat!

Worst part about being Primal: When I rebel and go off the plan. I always feel like crap, and when I get back on track (if it was for any length of time), there's always a candida die off period that results in body aches, headaches, and other unappealing symptoms. And yet, there is this voice in my head that occasionally want to tell me, "You know, you can eat anything you want." and I can, but only if I am willing to live with the consequences.

Glad to be here. Maybe by joining the forums I'll be a good girl!

Befreer is offline Junior Member
    Your location: NH

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: playing around with lower carb diet on and off for 10 years

Do you consume dairy: Yes, goat cheese, a little milk, half & half in coffee, various other cheeses - not much really.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, too much really because of my Kruerig

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight control, look better naked (lol) and general overall health

Favorite exercise: lifting

Favorite Primal food: chicken

Best part about being Primal: hope for higher energy levels and longevity

Worst part about being Primal: having to explain it to others

joan is offline Senior Member
    Your location: rural missouri

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: relatively. maybe 50-60%

Do you consume dairy: yes, but fresh milk and cream are rare, more often cheese or butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: don't like 'em. just herbal infusions

Motivator for switching to Primal: it's a combination of all the dietary goals i've been gathering over the last five years. i want a bit less cushion, lots more energy, and the ability to get off processed foods so i can provide for myself with my own livestock and gardens/forests

Favorite exercise: hauling heavy things

Favorite Primal food: i love meat, and most anything cooked in or with lard (especially rendered by folks i know)

Best part about being Primal: don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: don't know yet

i am Horribly addicted to sugar. i can actually go without other carbs pretty easily, but sugary chocolate gets me every time. it's part physical and part emotional. a few days ago i made it public to all my friends and folks i see every day that i'm going without refined sugar for two months, and a good handful suggested looking into primal blueprint. it seems like a combination of all the things i've been moving toward health wise in the last five years - lots of fresh vegetables, good amounts of meat And FAT especially from healthy animals, other animal products, less dairy, nuts and seeds, fruits... and coming hand in hand with a sane exercise ideal and an understanding that it should be fun just makes it complete.

i am thrilled to see the results folks are getting and am glad to hear that it may be possible to be the person i have always dreamed of being without becoming someone addicted to exercise or anal about the details of my diet. though for the next two months my main focus is on sugar (which has ALWAYS been the unconquerable one for me), depending on how i'm feeling i may add in the rest of pb bits at a time.

welk123 is offline Junior Member
    I have been reading about primal/paleo and really want to give it a try! Am nervous AND excited!

Your location: Beautiful Arizona

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: I eat lots of meat and veggies, very few grains. Have not leaped into primal yet!

Do you consume dairy: Small amounts of cheese, and cream in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, I absolutely adore it!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Every thing that I have read and researched just makes such sense!!

Favorite exercise: Weights and different types of cardio

Favorite Primal food: A juicy wood-smoked Rib-eye steak!

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet!

Worst part about being Primal: The vibrams aren't very pretty, and I LOVE SHOES!! Hahaaa!!

Bundy is offline Junior Member
    How Primal are you?: I would say pretty primal. 90% grass fed, hormone and antibiotic free meat, mostly organic vegtables and fruits. Cut out virtually all starchy vegtables, grains flours and sugar. Have lost 61 pounds and am only just now beginning to add in the fundamentals of the primal style workouts.

ruby54 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Seattle

Age (If you want): over 50

How Primal are you: good question, I'm exploring the Paleo lifestlye, I'm a wife and mother to two teens, I love to cook and over the last two years I've incorporated the Vegan, Raw food genre... so my family has had a huge increase in vegetables. However, with my heritage of Austrian/Latvian genes and marrying into an Italian family, I'm missing the meat, I crave steak and love fish and I struggle with white carb cravings. A friend and her hubby have gone primal for over a year and I'm intrigued.

Do you consume dairy: rarely, some goat cheese and occasionally cheddar cheese with crackers

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, I'm from Seattle. Love coffee and drink green tea daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel like crap when I eat anything wheat and once I start, it's hard to stop.

Favorite exercise: Biking, hiking, cross fit, swimming, and gardening

Favorite Primal food: steak and eggs

Best part about being Primal: not sure, I haven't embraced the lifestyle yet

Worst part about being Primal: I would imagine, turning down my mother- in -laws and sister- in- laws pasta dinners. That could have some negative consequences!

ruby54 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Terri, I'm turning 53 in January also! And I've been lurking around this site atoo, trying to decide if it's right for me and my family, your story is similar to mine, (except I haven't had all the health issues - yet) I love the forum and all the information from folks who've been living this Primal lifestyle! The new year is right around the corner, seems like a great time to get healthy!

Best wishes to you, Ruby