Page 286 of 631 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 6305

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 286

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member

Hi from Scotland

Primal Fuel
    Your location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: about 90%, but just in week 4.

Do you consume dairy: yes - but not as much as I thought I would..greek yoghurt and occasionally some raw cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes - 2 cups of coffee (black) in the morning and the occasional cup of tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being tired, not sleeping well, not waking refreshed, being overweight.

Favorite exercise: Walking my dogs, yoga

Favorite Primal food: Fat with anything - life without fat isn't worth living

Best part about being Primal: Loads - being able to eat fat, not feeling hungry, not constantly thinking about food, not having that horrid heavy feeling after eating wheat, not missing grains at all, eating great food and plenty of it, yet slowly dropping lbs.

Worst part about being Primal: Waiting for this indefatigable energy I've heard about to arrive! At the moment I'm catching everything going but hoping this is just a phase my body is going through.

Really excited about this process and looking forward to really getting into grok fitness. For the first time in my life I really believe I can be slim, toned and strong!

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: San Antonio TX

Age (If you want):24

How Primal are you: Trying to go for the 80

Do you consume dairy: Went a week without it and now my body lets me know how much it hates it. Sigh. Goodbye cheese I miss you

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, unsweetned now....

Motivator for switching to Primal: My zitty face, my energy problems, and I'm slightly overweight and i find it nasty.

Favorite exercise: I really really love to walk and climb trees and sometimes do sprints...I take belly dancing classes and I have this crazy workout video called yoga booty ballet (its like yoga instructors on crack....awesome!!!) Used to do a 20minute video with Jillian Michaels but I think its good I lost it in the move

Favorite Primal food: Steak. And I have a newfound love for turnips!!!

Best part about being Primal: Finding out that you have more energy and you're not depressed

Worst part about being Primal: Cutting yourself while trying to make good wholesome food (done it three times already) And the haters!!!! WTF?? Gotten so much guff about it already.

lambise is offline Junior Member

Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread -

I just cruise by to look for good info...
    ???

Hi everyone,

Your location: Central TX

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: Organic HWC & grass fed Butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not often

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm gluten intolerant, and possibly have Celiac. Waiting for test results

Favorite exercise: huh?

Favorite Primal food: ribeye

Best part about being Primal: feeling so much better

Worst part about being Primal: a lot of food prep

I started LR on Monday, doing very well. No cravings and haven't been tempted to stray. I really appreciate Dr. Kruse and all of the guidance from the rest of you. Thank you!

Amy

Smiles is offline Junior Member

Wink Smiles here!

Your location: NE Texas

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Just starting to learn

Do you... dairy: Cheese & butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: a little

Motivator for switching to Primal: Pregnancy weight not budging, & wanting my little ones to be properly nourished

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: beef

Best part about being Primal: hearing that I might stop being hungry

Worst part about being Primal: prep time?

hxl2012 is offline Member
    Your location: Beijing, China

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Started in October

Do you consume dairy: yes, a cup of whole fat milk daily

Do you drink coffee or tea: green and black tea, sometimes coffee with milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: to be energetic, to tone up, to have a good mood everyday

Favorite exercise: jogging

Favorite Primal food: stir-fried veggie with red meat

Best part about being Primal: I don't feel tired in the afternoon, no mood swings

Worst part about being Primal: It's good, but it's difficult for me to find organic meat in my place.
    Nothing you can't do once you believe that you can.

SW:120lb
    CW:116lb
    GW:110lb

Great Scot is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: St. Louis

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: Learning to go lighter on both.down from nonstop coffee to a few cups a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fat,tired and I want to enjoy my family for a lot longer!

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: steak!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better each day!

Worst part about being Primal: the loin cloth.

"Worst part about being Primal: the loin cloth." LOL, good one!

edleal is offline Junior Member

New Memeber

Your location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cheese, butter, heavy cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, regain my health

Favorite exercise: Inclined pushups

Favorite Primal food: Meat and Fish

Best part about being Primal: I have always been decidely carnivorous, just didn't eat the right kinds (grass fed).

Worst part about being Primal: Restriction on sweets and carbs/starches like rice, potatoes and pasta.

mamacaz is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Everyone, just here to introduce myself (been lurking and learning for ages),

Your location:
    Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 40 (and okay with it)

How Primal are you:
    I think the answer is "yes". I've had this sort of question on parenting etc and it's hard to judge yourself. I don't really fit into mainstream anything. Have been grain and legume free for a month now and working on the sat fat consumption (and the mental retraining that requires). We walk to school and the train, have been eating almost wholly organic foods for 10 years, fairly high protein, very little wheat, processed foods, takeaway. Avoid chemicals as much as possible. We garden, build stuff, don't jog at all or TV much (movies or iview), sleep with our kids, still b/feeding my 3yo, birthed both kids at home but don't look like hippies. Maybe "plain-old weird" would be a better description!! Our big primal downfall as far as I can see is the sleep. Just not enough hours to get it all done so too many late nights. And exercise. Must lift heavy stuff other than children.

Do you consume dairy:
    Local organic butter, some raw milk and occasionally cream ($$$) and yoghurt. Cheese at parties, if it's nice.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    No caffeine. Weekend decaf coffee, rooibos, peppermint or dandelion otherwise.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Made sense. Problems with subclinical hypoglycaemia means I am very sensitive to carbs, cured my depression 10yrs ago with a high protein/fat diet, kind of forgot it all after kids, got fat and anemic on a vego diet, but now I'm back!

Favorite exercise:
    Walking (to school every day). Haven't worked out where to put anything else in my day, yet.

Favorite Primal food:
    Ummm, bacon? Of course!

Best part about being Primal:
    Bacon. No really, nice stable energy levels. Not being ravenous all the time and unable to stop eating.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Watching the butter melt into a slice of organic sourdough. And 'eating animal guilt', but I just pretend it comes from the meat tree.