Page 284 of 600 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 5998

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 284

outletsaleus is offline Junior Member

Michael7364 is offline Junior Member
    madMUHHH > I did - became fanatic about what I ate at around age 16.. so you're not alone. My friends joked around a lot too.... but you'll keep joking about them, long after they're dead from nasty diet-related illnesses! ;-)

JackSteel is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Toronto, Canada

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: 100% for 2.5 months now

Do you consume dairy: Yes, although I did stop for a few weeks to see if it had any affect on my acne (yes, I still have acne at 46 - super pain in the butt). Tried it based on some comments in these forums. It didn't seem to have any lasting effects though. Then I made the some cultured butter and dairy was back on the menu. I’m still trying to figure the acne thing out.

Do you drink coffee or tea: At least two large mugs of Green Tea every day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Bit of a long story. Basically my doctor gave me 3 months to get my Cholesterol under control or I would have to start taking meds. I've tried various CW diets for most of my life, of course none of them worked. Last year I tried the Dukan Diet and lost about 25 lbs, it seemed to be a miracle, this was the most I had ever lost and in a relatively short period of time. My cholesterol dropped like a rock, my doctor was amazed. I felt awesome! Then of course I fell off it, you can only eat low fat for so long. I gained back about 15 pounds and started to feel like crap again. A few months ago I saw the documentary "Fat Head" and it just all seemed to fit together, this was my epiphany moment. I read the Primal Blueprint and knew that this was going to be a way of life. I've now lost a total of 30 lbs, with only 10 more to go. I've made so many heath changes, grass fed beef, organic everything as much as possible, even started a garden - well, it's ready for summer anyway. I haven't re-checked my Cholesterol yet, that will be in January. I'm really interested to see where it lands relative to the Dukan Diet.

Favourite exercise: Long hikes with the family. I just finished reading the "Slow Burn Fitness Revolution", so I'm going to give that a try next.

Favourite Primal food: Grass Fed Beef - All cuts!

Best part about being Primal: The fact that all my carb cravings are completely under control (not gone, but totally under my control). Now, I can walk past a fast food restaurant without that temptation to grab something quick. Food commercials just make me angry, not hungry

Worst part about being Primal: I still have this feeling at the back of my head that what we're doing is extremely dangerous. I know it's just CW talking, but sometimes it really scares me. I think it will be better after my next physical.

tinawalker is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Lodi, CA

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: second day 100% - brand new

Do you consume dairy: rarely. If I do it is cream in my morning coffee...never been big on dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do drink coffee and herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: sick and tired of being sick and tired

Favorite exercise: Walking/Jogging

Favorite Primal food: probably beef...

Best part about being Primal: the diet and exercise is more "elegant"...I could never get on the 4 hour a day gym commitment.

Worst part about being Primal: There really isn't a worste...nothing comes to mind

PRK-Primal is offline Junior Member
    Hello Mark and all, I just finished reading Primal Blueprint, and I am committed to giving it a go. Over the past 30 months I have lost a more than 80lbs. however for the past six months mostly at a standstill. I would like to at least drop another 20+lbs before stablizing. That would put me at 185. I read Primal Blueprint on my DROID using the Kindle Reader, at the same time I was deer hunting in Southwest PA. It was reading primal and living primal at the same time. Yes I did bring home fresh venison. I don't want to disclose what I ate to loose the weight. I did loose weight but I did not do myself any real favors. Lots of insulin spikes which I now understand why. I will be reading more on MarksDailyApple for sure. This is going to take a lot of new thinking, but I am committed. Thanks

CaliLiafe is offline Junior Member

shamrockmommy is offline Junior Member
    Hi. I'm Tiffani
    Your location: Central coast, CA

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you: Considering, especially once these holidays are done

Do you consume dairy: Yes, minimally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee!! Although I think it's the flavorings I love mor than coffee itself

Motivator for switching to Primal: Well, i'm 5'7" and 240lbs also, I have psoriatic arthritis which I think would respond well to this WOE. And perhaps I can get off the heavy biologic drugs and pain meds.

Favorite exercise: walkin' the dog

Favorite Primal food: Chicken thighs with crispy skin

Best part about being Primal: WEll I haven't done the primal woe, but when on atkins and paleo I feel ALIVE and VIBRANT Looking forward to that this new year

Worst part about being Primal: Restriction from "sweets" I enjoy a piece of pie!

fredcadena is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want):

Just turned 35 (yesterday)

How Primal are you:

Committed to 100% Primal food (re-committed for the last week)

Do you consume dairy:

Not at the moment, may re-incorporate slowly (raw, high fat) after 6 weeks or so. I miss my cheese and cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Yes, both, often.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

To have a sexy body.... I have weight to lose and muscle to gain. I have been on and off low-carb/Atkins/Paleo for years and after time have come to realize that my body just doesn't function well on grains. I like what Mark and this community have come up with, both the food-plan and the lifestyle.

Favorite exercise:

Love kettle-bells - swing is my favorite movement, but I like almost all. Wanting to learn to be a better swimmer. Hikes (urban and rural) in my vibrams

Favorite Primal food:

Steak... Dry Aged the longer the better.

Best part about being Primal:

Did I mention steak? Beyond that the feeling that my body is working as designed.

Worst part about being Primal:

There are foods I miss...

salty is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Austria, Kitzbühel

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: about 80%, biggest vice being sweet bakery, Slowly incorporating higher quality beef and fish. Love the "primal blueberry pancake" with ca. 4 eggs. Love salads with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top of it and balsamico dressing (awesome)

Do you consume dairy: Milk for my coffee,

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, sometimes a bit too much coffee, trying to leave out the sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm a passionate Freerunner and I just was 100% fed up with being sick ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Favorite exercise: Freerunning

Favorite Primal food: Beef, Salads, Zucchini&Tomatoe-based vegetable mixes, Blueberry Pancakes

Best part about being Primal: It's delicious and satisfying

Having to tell everybody why you're eating the way you're eating with people just not knowing to let it be my thing (OMG that can't be healthy)
    Difficult to eat primal when not at home

Check out my blog for more info about my philosophy and life (I write german stories, but there are also a lot of english articles on spirituality etc.)
    abstractionexstasy

antihero is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hi, I'm Bell. Have been reading the site/forums for nearly a year now, thought it was about time I made contact.

Your location:
    North West London, UK

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Around 80% or above, haven't had pasta or rice since the Feb 2011, and haven't had bread or other grains since Oct 2011.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, Whole milk, butter, cream and rarely cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    I drink tea with milk most days. And coffee with milk one or two times a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    A natural progression over the last year through putting effort into listening to what my body is telling me, regarding hunger and what I feel like eating, rather than having xyz square meals a day etc, and naturally came to eat and desire what is known as primal eating... so here I am.

Favourite exercise:
    Walking/Bike riding. I haven't really invested in specific exercises yet, but am looking at some weightlifting/bearing exercising

Favourite Primal food:
    Pork belly... I could eat it over roasted sweet potato wedges, baked beetroot in balsamic dressing and salad every day.

Best part about being Primal:
    Not being a slave to the notion that it's a certain time, therefore I must eat. Not feeling half as hungry as I did when eating grains and not feeling like I need to eat again after finishing a meal. Eating 'shocking high fat' food like avocados without peer guilt. I suppose in essence, freedom from food domination.

That it throws up how incongruous to healthy lifestyles supermarkets and governments truly are. Over 70% of my local supermarket is unnecessary, it's such a waste.