Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 283

meesun is offline Junior Member
    Cool. This is interesting.. here goes

Your location: Baltimore

Age (If you want): 38 female

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: no/ i'm lactose intolerant

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea every day

Motivator for switching to Primal: didn't know anything about it until about 4 weeks ago... now can see that it's a lifestyle that I can maintain and love

Favorite exercise: just plain hiking

Favorite Primal food: all of it!

Best part about being Primal: Makes me happy

Worst part about being Primal: nothing really...

betterme2012 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Pennsylvania

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: second day of reading PBP 21 day. seriously interested

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: so many reasons but the short list is I'm tired of watching myself die a little more everyday knowing its the food I'm eating. type 1 diabetic (35yrs) just started on a insulin pump in June 2011 (jury's still out on that) I have gained 10 lbs on top of the extra 30 I had... personal trainer introduced me to PBP. I have an intense surgery scheduled the end of Dec and starting with nutrition adjustments prior to cross-fit training ASAP. this is really the first "diet" lifestyle that makes sense of carb insulin ratios etc. very interesting but a little overwhelming too.

Favorite exercise: yoga/ Pilates. total gym strength training

Favorite Primal food: meat & veggies BUTTER lol

Best part about being Primal: TBD lower blood sugars + less insulin requirements hopefully less body fat and LGN would be a huge plus

Worst part about being Primal: TBD changing my mind about complex carbs not being part of my diet. insulin crashes really suck! and I love my sweat potatoes.

trachelle is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Tennessee

Age (If you want): 43 female

How Primal are you: Just started two days ago, making the transition now.

Do you consume dairy: yes, cream with coffee, cheese (parmesan is my fav), yogurt occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I followed the Zone for years to manage blood sugar, but continued to have health issues (sinus, allergy, severe bloating after meals, fatigue, dry/red skin). Literally, sick and tired of feeling like hell all the time. Began researching food/diets, etc and came across the PB. It makes sense!!!

Favorite exercise: walking, rowing, yoga and The Bar Method dvd.

Favorite Primal food: No favorite yet, but I ordered prime rib last night for dinner (have NEVER done that in my life due to SAD rules!) and completely fell in love. I've been missing out of some yummy food!!!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good and not having blood sugar swings.

Worst part about being Primal: The preparation and time it takes to plan meals, grocery shop and cook. I'm sure it will get better once I get favorite stand-by recipes under my belt, but initially it's a little overwhelming.

Heather858 is offline Junior Member
    madMUHHH > I did - became fanatic about what I ate at around age 16.. so you're not alone. My friends joked around a lot too.... but you'll keep joking about them, long after they're dead from nasty diet-related illnesses! ;-)

fidens is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Nashville Tn

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Researching

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Nothing else is dropping this extra belly fat.

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Red Meat

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet

Lilybean is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Newbie (so not very)

Do you consume dairy: I had to think about this. I do drink milk and I do eat cheese but I can give it up and I am going to give it up.! (minus the odd bit here or there)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee is a permanent IV in me - which...as with dairy I will give up. (God forgive the people who meet me on those days)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I lost so much weight and then it started catching back up on me. So me and a friend are making a change and she suggested this and another food plan. I agreed whole heartedly

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: Ask me in a few months

hardinfast is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:
    Michigan
    Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you:
    Working on that. I'm in my first week but trying for all the way.

Do you consume dairy:
    Sure do. I favor Greek yogurt. I have just experimented with coconut and almond milk and like it quite a lot.
    Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Oh yeah, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I've been athletic my whole life, and for many years, could seemingly eat what I want and "work it off." Well, in the last few years that has changed and my slow awakening to proper nutrition has led me here. I was looking for a life-long system and not just a short term diet.
    Favorite exercise:
    High intensity conditioning routines and strength work a couple times a week. Slow jogs bore me these days.

Favorite Primal food:
    Well, I'm kind of new at this, but I think I'm in love with the Primal Hot Cereal. I also made the Chcken Curry Caflouti for dinner and my family loved it.
    Best part about being Primal:
    The jury is still out as this is just the beginning of my second week but I am starting to feel more comfortable. I was afraid that I would have a drop in energy during my workouts but this is not the case. The best part so far has been the plethora of very tasty recipes that I get to try. I do have to plan more, and I find this is best done the night before.
    Worst part about being Primal:
    This past week the worst part was that I felt constantly hungry. My primal meals would fill me for a little over an hour and then I was starving again!! I think that this has subsided somewhat in the second week and I am able to go longer without eating, provided I drink PLENTY of water. I thought I drank plenty of water before, but I need more now.
    All in all, I am excited about going primal and I think it will be a good fit.

goalgetter28 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sunny Arizona

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Did it once before for 3 months. Now In my first week again

Do you consume dairy: Mostly aged dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm very overweight and addicted to grains and sugar

Favorite exercise: Weight Lifting, Especially the deadlift and squat

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: If I stick with it for more than a month, my cravings for binging on sugar and wheat products goes away

Worst part about being Primal: Some people that I'm close to think it's extreme and make their thoughts known.

PrimalTrainer7 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:Columbus, Ohio
    Age (If you want):24

How Primal are you: About 80%, Still consume Dairy mostly for carbohydrate in the morning.
    Do you consume dairy: yes, raw milk, yoghurt, high fat cheese
    Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee, black
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I was an embarresment of a personal trainer at 230lbs and 20% BF
    Favorite exercise: Hang Clean
    Favorite Primal food:Beef Heart
    Best part about being Primal: How easy it is to follow, it includes all my favorite foods already!
    Worst part about being Primal: I never can seem to get enough calories to fill me up.

amilliron is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Questions:

Your location: Houston, TX USA

Age (If you want): Young enough to try for it, but old enough that I really should know better.

How Primal are you: Ever increasingly.

Do you consume dairy: Kinda intolerant, so no

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, though mostly black, and not sweetened ever

Motivator for switching to Primal: Enjoy a healthier lifestyle, like keeping active

Favorite exercise: everything! Love doing all kinds of various activities.

Favorite Primal food: Meat!!!!

Best part about being Primal: I feel better

Worst part about being Primal: Difficult for me to find and eat better.