Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 281

Raclbaby2000 is offline Junior Member

Hello from a newbie!

Shop Now
    The Questions:

Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Slowly evolving toward fully primal (trying anyway)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only whole milk dairy. Trying to cut back but struggling (i seriously LOVE cheese)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee rarely, iced tea (mostly green tea)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Get healthy, have more energy for my two little kids under 3, lose weight

Favorite exercise: Right now walking, still struggling with getting time and/or motivation to do more exercise :S

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed steak grilled by my hubby, mmmmmm

Best part about being Primal: Steak! and energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to do it with a very NON-primal extended family, and a picky almost 3 year old.

Any tips I would LOVE to know!

GrannyGrok is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Tennessee

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: Trying to be very Primal, still going through the literature, though. Been on some form of low carb for a long time, but it's no longer working (or I'm cheating too much).

Do you consume dairy: Usually just half & half in my coffee once a day, and maybe some hard cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee one cup per day, max two. Occasional iced tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Something just wasn't clicking on Atkins anymore - I think I was trying to circumvent the system too much with Atkins bars and other "Frankenfoods."

Favorite exercise: Walking, but I also enjoy weight lifting - at least how I feel afterwards!

Favorite Primal food: A really, really, really good steak!

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Having a family (including 2 college sons still living at home) who are carboholics.

kombimankenny is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Brisbane, Australia

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Fairly primal, but just starting out so I have the odd slip here and there which I don't beat myself up too much about.

Do you consume dairy: Not drinking whole glasses of milk anymore (with a sugar-bomb 4 tbsp of milo), but still enjoy a bit of cheese in a salad or milk in a coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Still have a coffee usually once a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight and improve fitness. I'd really love to join the Navy and I need to be fit for that.

Favorite exercise: Walking/jogging. I really need to get more into lifting heavy things, but hate going to the gym so I'm holding out for some weight stuff for Christmas.

Favorite Primal food: Rack of lamb. Made a particularly nice one the other day with a crust of macadamia nut and apple on top.

Best part about being Primal: Meat! And not having to worry too much about "working out", just getting out and getting active eg walking to the shops instead of driving, going outside and playing with my 2 year old boy instead of putting on a movie.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to remember to either get stuff defrosted for dinner or go and pick it up and not just go for the easy out of takeaway.

Rkarnes is offline Junior Member

Introduction

Your location: Olympia, Washington for now
    San Diego, CA from January-April

Age (If you want):25

How Primal are you: Still figuring out what primal is specifically.

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: health/weight loss

Favorite exercise: running/cross fit/ team sports

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: seeing the benefits

Worst part about being Primal: trying to withstand cravings during this time of year - they are so often!!!

Jayant S is offline Junior Member
    Hello all. I just joined this forum.

Now to answer the questions:

---------

Your location:
    Pune, India

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Reasonably so for the last 3-odd months

Do you consume dairy:
    Any good-quality cheese and the occasional cup of full-fat yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yes, both in moderation, without milk or sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Basically to get rid of stubborn, tenacious belly fat, and to be much fitter than before

Favorite exercise:
    Climbing steep hill trails, including scrambling over rocks

Favorite Primal food:
    Meat! Goat stew, buffalo steak (can't get beef most places in India, but
    fortunately almost all fresh meat is from pastured stock); eggs in most forms;
    mainly ghee as a cooking base (with occasional use of coconut oil);
    complex, huge salads with fish and olive oil, cooked vegetables (specially
    spinach, pumpkin, broccoli, and eggplant) ....

Best part about being Primal:
    Possibly the only health/fitness approach that actually works in practice.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Friends and colleagues think I'm going too "extreme" .... and it is difficult
    to explain otherwise.

jasperb is offline Member
    Your location: Netherlands

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Not very I guess

Do you consume dairy: a little bit of cheese in Italian food every now and then

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking for good health and longevity

Favorite exercise: running/ball games

Favorite Primal food: I'll have to find out

Best part about being Primal: well I'm not on a primal diet yet but I'd like to keep eating meat so that's a plus

Worst part about being Primal: i love pasta and fries

Noodles is offline Junior Member
    Hello! I'm new here. Yes, my username is Noodles... but it is just a nickname I've been given and am particularly fond of. Oh, the irony.

Your location: Near Scranton, PA

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: minimally, but I am gathering the necessary knowledge so I know what to do when I go full time

Do you consume dairy: no, even though I'm not primal yet. It is either almond or coconut milk, although recently I've switched to coconut.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both. Coffee only when necessary, tea for enjoyment (I love a good chai tea).

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking for a healthy way to lose weight that my meat & potatoes husband will not turn up his nose to

Favorite exercise: Bikram yoga

Favorite Primal food: it's a tough race between steak and sweet potatoes

Best part about being Primal: That I'm eating many of the foods I already love and enjoy, and adding berries and coconut milk without feeling shame

Worst part about being Primal: I'll miss rice.

Kieran is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oxfordshire, England

Age (If you want):21

How Primal are you: Id say very.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Milk (Full fat, organic), cheese, greek yog (full fat) and dont plan on stopping. Dairy is given a bad press i think, i feel milk is the fuel of growth, i mean theres a reason mammals are breast fed right?

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes coffee with cream and Tea (i am English afterall)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Got fed up of eating "healthy" and not getting anywhere with weight loss.

Favorite exercise: Anything that i can have fun whilst doing.

Favorite Primal food: Thats got to be lamb, i can really go to town on a joint of Lamb using fingers Caveman style :P

Best part about being Primal: Well i went primal early november and have lost a stone since and i love the meat part.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss cheese on toast...sometimes

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member

hello peeps

Hi. Love the positivity on this site. I went paleo / primal about 6 months ago at the recommendation of the nutritionist at my gym. I attended a talk of his titled The Truth about Wholegrains. I'd been wheat free. And tomato free for 10 years and gluten free for about 5. Paleo/primal and lectins was the missing piece in the jigsaw puzzle. So I've replaced whole corn thins with sweet potato. I still eat white rice. I'd worked out for myself that was neutral provided the glycaemic index is brought down by plenty of protein and fat. Tried buckwheat but that severely damaged my bladder lining within 3 days giving me my first attack of interstitial cystitis since I gave up gluten containing grains. I became a lacto pescatarian when I was 17. Still can't bring myself to eat mammals or birds but am prepared to eat reptiles if I can source some good croc steaks!

Since I went paleo/primal I have lost 14 lbs. I consume around 2500 cals a day but exercise a lot burning at least 4000 cals a week at the gym. I am 165 lbs 5 ft 3 female with 30 inch waist. Small boned but v muscular legs - 19 inch calves.

I had already lost 17 lbs thro exercise since April 2010.I had severe inflammatory problems such as rhinitis, gum disease and eczema before I had my mercury amalgam fillings replaced Oct 2009. Paleo/primal has virtually killed my ecczema which is amazing. My infammatory problems worstened after giving up smoking in 2003, having sreveral immunisations and spending more time at computers. I was electrosensitive - using a phone would set off a catarrh attack within minutes. That was cured as soon as I had my mercury fillings replaced. The dentist who replaced them told me I never needed them in the first place as my teeth are so strong. The 7 fillings were all put in while I was a child. I've eaten very little sugar since was a biochemistry undergrad and learnt how harmful fructose is. I also eat lots of dairy and my high histamine levels make me produce excess saliva which protects my teeth.

Have eaten low glycaemic index diet for about 10 years hence have had no probs with blood sugar - even when my BMI was 34! Main reason I gained weight was giving up exercise in an attempt to raise my blood pressure. That didn't work. Blood pressure rose after The mercury fillings went and I lost weight (I also gave up tuna which is high in mercury).

Anyway its great to be putting my biochem degree to good use finally as I was always averse to big pharma and a naturopath at heart.

Goal is to get down to about 140 lbs 28 inch waist. That's where I was 9 years ago before the severe inflammatory problems hit me.

Your location: Bristol, England

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 80 % but am strict about no grains or legumes apart from white rice, and no deadly nightshade except occasional pepper or potato when eating out

Do you consume dairy: yes - only sheeps and goats cheese and sheeps butter. Feel better without goats milk and yoghurt - not lactose intolerant but still feel better eating lower carb dairym

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes mostly green tea and black coffee. The coffee helps with my low blood pressure (110/65) and high histamine levels

Motivator for switching to Primal: it's generally low histamine as lots of fresh foods, sound scientific basis

Favorite exercise: yoga, walking, hula hooping, cross training. Used to love running but bad for my
    Knees as I have hypermobile joints and BMI currently about 29.3

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal: having too much energy, feeling high

Worst part about being Primal: conventional wisdom

Chebaby77 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Fort Hood, Texas

Age (If you want): Yep, I have age. ;-)

How Primal are you: Dedicated Primal w/coffee

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I have butter & also HWC for my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee & on occasion unsweet tea w/HWC.
    (Gave it up for a 3 monthes, had no notable change in Body Comp. or BF%'s, Added back in.)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Went researching for an alternative to higher protein WOE's as I had chronic bouts with Kidney stones.
    Found High-Fat eating worked well for me & I dropped the add'l 30 pounds that were hanging on my frame
    as well as I hadn't any more Kidney stones attacks.

Favorite exercise: Chasing kids :-D

Favorite Primal food: Rare-cooked Fatty Beef & BACON

Best part about being Primal: Meal Satisfaction & ease of food selection.

Worst part about being Primal: Seeing others miserable not eating Primally.