Page 277 of 600 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 5998

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 277

Becca's Waiting is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Greetings!

I found MDA about 3 weeks ago (a comment on an NPR.org nutrition article included a link - THANK YOU THANK YOU whoever you are!!) and haven't left since.

I was familiar with low-carbing (Atkins, Protein Power) but had always including some grain and fruit. Mark's explanation of the primal lifestyle makes so much sense, and my body evidently agrees.

I started Primal about 2.5 weeks ago and have lost 4.5 lbs (trust me, for me that's HUGE) and haven't seen my post-meal "basketball belly" since!

I've bought three books - 21 Day, and the two cookbooks (which are AMAZING! Pork-Fried Cauliflower Rice completely fooled my non-primal husband, always fun). Ironically, I injured my knee two weeks ago in a fluke accident, so my activity level has been compromised. However wall push-ups are better than nothing! Can't wait to get moving like normal again...

I've been lurking and learning SO much - this site is a tremendous resource (especially all the free information which has been a huge help, very grateful for it)

Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: About 80% - have cut out ALL grains but still weeding out PUFAs, working on increasing veggie intake, reducing nut and dark chocolate intake to a healthier level

Do you consume dairy: Yes but only butter and full-fat cheese, cream. No non-fat, low-fat ANYTHING.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yes - coffee and more than is good for my body. My biggest challenge is cutting it down or out. My body likes green and herbal tea so much more but the "kick" is just not the same...

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, digestive and blood sugar/hunger issues.

Favorite exercise: Hiking through the woods with my primal Border collie

Favorite Primal food: BUTTER. Apparently I used to steal it from the fridge when I was a toddler.

Best part about being Primal: No more bloat!! No more hunger or sugar crashes or mood swings! It's SO liberating to be able to go hours and hours between meals and not panic because there's no food immediately available. So tired of grazing. Looking forward to trying some IF down the road.

Worst part about being Primal: Hard to find good quality primal food on the go, only CW crap as far as the eye can see...so significant advance planning required. Which isn't a bad thing, just a lifestyle change that's going to take some time and practice.

Thanks guys! Really happy to have found this forum!

djthompson is offline Junior Member
    Your location: The Carolina's

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Not very primal, just found this site.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, minimally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Awaiting motivation... Healthy living and controlled weight.

Favorite exercise: Interval training, Yoga, Racquetball

Favorite Primal food: Haven't tried any yet but that Texas Chili looks pretty good.

Best part about being Primal: TBD

Worst part about being Primal: TBD

paiger406 is offline Junior Member
    Helena, MT
    Was fully Primal, LOVED IT, got really sick (surgical complications - nothing to do with being Primal), fell off the wagon during a couple of months in the hospital, getting back on...
    No dairy, herbal tea only (once in a while I treat myself to decaf coffee - it's sooooo good)
    CrossFit - I was vegan forever, started CF, couldn't get strong. Primal saved the day.
    CrossFit - box jumps, wall balls, sandbag cleans, deads, snatches, handstand pushups, pullups
    Meat - buffalo or locally raised beef - gotta' admit I missed it when I was vegan
    Best part - how strong I am, how much healthier than folks I work with...
    Worst part - I'm from San Diego and miss tortillas. Saw today Mark mentioned using lettuce as a wrap. Hadn't thought of that as a sub for tortillas.

FinChick is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Finland

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Not all the way Primal, but mostly. Maybe 80/20. No processed foods, mostly no grains, lots of meat&veggies&(good)fats. Occasional grains and other little things are the ones to keep me from being 100% Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes; greek youghurt, cheese, curd and occasional milk or cream in the coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yeap, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've never been overweight or such, but my habits were still not the healthiest before.. Feeling better, working out and looking great are my main motivations. I've been kind-of-Primal for a little less than a year now, but only just now found this blog and all the great stuff here, so I think I'm gonna get more ans more Primal from now on

Favorite exercise: Walks/sprints in the nature and doing all goofy stuff in the forest, gym, Marks Primal Fitness routine

Favorite Primal food: Oh my, impossible to pick just one. I love all (Primal) food!

Best part about being Primal: I have only just started to study Marks Primal ways, so it's kind of hard to evaluate at this point. Maybe it's just the overall great, healthy feeling.

Worst part about being Primal: Is there one? I don't stress out being 100% Primal and can allow myself some mishaps now and then, so I really don't see a bad side in this at all.

vontrapp is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Orlando, FL

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: I stay away from processed foods. I try to get organic meats from the local farmers in my area. I grow a few of my own veggies. During atkins I always ate clean, I stayed away from the frankenfoods that they were pushing (the bars) so making the transition to go Primal was easy. So I would put myself at 80% Primal.

Do you consume dairy: couple of slices of cheese a week

Do you drink coffee or tea: sometimes, mostly green tea with organic honey

Motivator for switching to Primal: I started with Atkins and have been doing great with it. After researching low carb I found this site and I really like the fact that Primal is a lifestyle. It's not just about net carbs, ladders and whatnot. It's about playing, resting, working out, eating. It's the complete package.

Favorite exercise: Full body exercises. I'm mixing SimpleFit workouts with some airdyne intervals.

Favorite Primal food: ribeye steak with a BIG ASS salad

Best part about being Primal: After decades of being obese I finally feel positive about the future and my body. Everyday I envision myself in great shape and feeling just awesome. Everyday brings me closer to my dream so I get excited that I'm a part of this lifestyle. I get it now.

Worst part about being Primal: Not a darn thing.

bwellsm25 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    I'm a native of Petaluma, California, a town about 40 miles north of San Francisco. I'm currently living in Sydney, Australia.

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    I'd been doing pretty well before embarking upon worldwide travels, where I fell off the wagon. Seriously, you try conveying to someone who speaks Thai that you don't eat rice/noodles.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Two of my weaknesses are coffee and tea. It is more the act of lounging about a cafe, people watching, conversing with friends, etc than the actual beverage.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I listened to an interview with Mark conducted by Brett McKay of The Art of Manliness.

Favorite exercise:
    At home, I keep a pull-up bar on my bedroom door and crank out as many as I can when I walk through, it's a fun routine.

Favorite Primal food:
    There is nothing in this world better than a grilled ribeye, bleu cheese butter, and sauteed squash with onions.

Best part about being Primal:
    See the above The weight loss is great but finally being free of the incredibly painful, acidic heart burn multiple times a day is a Godsend.

Worst part about being Primal:
    I hate feeling like I'm a fuss at restaurants, ordering special things, but the cost/benefit is no comparison.

pmaeT1eixol is offline Junior Member
    Worst part about being Primal: The social aspect. My friends still don't really get what I'm doing and are joking about it quite a lot, but I can't even blame them. But I've already started to make them understand the primal-lifestyle and its benefits, but there's still a long way to go. (Honestly, who of you really gave a f*ck about what he/she ate at my age?)

andreyMoscow is offline Junior Member

Inrvizion is offline Junior Member
    My name is Russell, and here are the answers to the introduce yourself questions.

1- I reside in Redmond, Wa right near Microsoft (well a mile or to down the road.)

2 - I am 26 years old

3 - I am mostly primal (try to eat less than 50 carbs at most a day and eat organic, grass fed beef etc. / No grains whatsoever.)

4 -I consume small amounts of cheese and some whey protein, oh yeah and I eat Ghee (clarified butter) to cook with as well as lots of eggs, don't know if those are dairy.

5 - I drink coffee sometimes and tea on a daily basis.

6 - Main motivator for switching to primal is to lose weight, get in shape, eat a more wholesome and nutritious diet, to let my food be my medicine.

7 - Favorite exercise is walking, also about the only exercise I get right now, but that's my own fault.

8 - Favorite primal food would be shellfish or Ahi Tuna Steak.

9 - Best part about being Primal is that I feel much better, more authentic energy, lost weight and gained muscle, and it makes me feel good that I care enough about my body to do the research and find out what has worked best for millions and millions of my ancestors (who lived relatively disease free) and to put my resources where my mouth is and buy and eat primal food, even if it's sometimes 90 percent primal, 10 pretty healthy (I still have had trouble laying down the once a week ice cream )

10 - Worst part about being Primal is that I have only been eating this way for about 3 weeks and my GI tract is still getting used to it so I am experiencing some Constipation issues, also that and not really being able to find much out on the web regarding Paleo and type 1 diabetes which is my #1 health concern, but that one can be solved I just need to find a more naturally in tune Dr. -

Happy to be here and be heard and thanks for having me, hope to talk more with you all soon. - Russell

Silly is offline Junior Member
    Your location: South of Finland

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: Maybe 75-97%, depends on what you think about dairy

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I'm trying to limit it to cream, butter and a little yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, and some herbal teas. It's cold here in the north, you need something to keep warm.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My mother. Cronic tonsillitis, always tired, unmotivated and "mildly" depressed. I was sort of primal when I grew up since my mother noticed that I didn't do well on wheat, milk and sugar, and at that time I was very healthy and very thin (not bony skinny, just really thin and light). My mother suggested that I really try this out now and see if it makes me feel better.

Favorite exercise: Parkour. Or wait, that's play. I don't really like excersising, but I do enjoy being active.

Favorite Primal food: home made burgers (without buns of course)

Best part about being Primal: So far (day 7): less bloating and gas

Worst part about being Primal: Sugar cravings, not getting support from friends because most have no idea