55 and alive !

How Primal are you:
    95%

Do you consume dairy:
    Just whole cheese on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Not content with weight on a normal grain fed diet!

Favorite exercise: P90X & Running

Favorite Primal food:
    Grass Fed Steak

Best part about being Primal:
    Feeling healthy and having less inflamation and ill health

Worst part about being Primal
    Constipation on occasion and peoples questions?

Glad to meet everyone here, just started the 30 day challenge on my thread , check us out

Judith Alta is offline Junior Member
    Judith Alta

Age (If you want): 71

How Primal are you:

Mostly Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. But, only from relatively new local dairy. The milk is heat pasteurized (not chemical), and they offer a non-homogenized version. Also the cows spend at least two hours a day on grass.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, coffee maybe when it's cold and tea is not available.

I did Atkins in the 1970s and off and on since, nothing else has appealed to me. Kinda fell out of favor when all the
    "net carbs" stuff hit the fan.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Rib eye, eggs, etc.

Best part about being Primal: Real meat and good fats. Butter - Doesn't threaten one with instant death for slight transgressions.

Worst part about being Primal: None I've found so far.

Kelsier is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone! Been primal for over a year but finally decided to join the community.

Your location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Age (If you want): 17

How Primal are you: As close to 100% as possible.

Do you consume dairy: Very occasionally, only if I decide to make a shake using whey protein
    Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea daily (all types), coffee only on occasion.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To be the healthiest I can be. I used to be overweight before primal but I lost the weight through conventional low-carb means. This led me to discover primal, and I now try to eat the most nutritious diet I can.

Favorite exercise: Kung Fu, Hiking

Favorite Primal food: I don't have just one. I love coconut, beef, seafood of all types, okinawan sweet potatoes, breadfruit, guavas, etc.

Best part about being Primal: Just enjoying being healthy and fit.

Worst part about being Primal: None

AprilS is offline Junior Member
    Hi all

Your location: Washington (just outside of Seattle)

How Primal are you: Well I only just started...so I'm still figuring some of this out. So far I've cut out all grains, sugar, and processed foods.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I don't have an intolerance to dairy at all. Though I have severely reduced the amount of dairy that I consume. Most of the dairy I still eat is butter, cream, yogurt, and some cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: At first it was just to lose weight, but this first week alone I've noticed amazing health benefits. I haven't had any acid reflux, no bloating, my energy levels are stable, and I've been sleeping better.

Favorite exercise: going on hikes

Favorite Primal food: Steak!

Best part about being Primal: I'm not hungry between meals. Oh...and that I can still have chocolate!

Worst part about being Primal: So far...I haven't found a down side yet.

Kiwi-grok is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone

I am from Shaky old Christchurch, New Zealand. I am nearly 29yrs (Feb 12th...for those who want to send me a pressie).
    I have been eating mostly primal for a while now since I won a paleo challange at crossfit and saw/felt the amazing results but had a bit of a melt down the winter before last (it is summer here now) so I have bee gettting back into it and been way easier to too! But it makes it easier being gluten free and actally I am finding its easier when I change my whole lifestyle this time round (thanks to the 21day primal challange)..not just food. I don't consume dairy much at all but I do drink tea and coffee (maybe 1-2 a day) with coconut milk, yum!

Going Primal just makes sense and I feel soooo much better plus it's the only thing out of all those 'diets' I have tried in the past that actaully works! and I don't need to keep a log And I have realised that I don't need to go so hard out with exercise...I am enjoying life more now.

I enjoy all forms of exercise, walking, biking but crossfit has to be the best! (shame the boyfriend/family isn't into it like I am)

Worst part about being Primal: everyone else is not doing it! When you go out to peoples places for meals it gets hard. And living with family/boyfriend who still like to eat their junk and think my 'diet' is weird!

So that's all the questions answered, but what else can I tell you?????

emknickerbocker is offline Junior Member
    The Answers:

Your location:
    Southern California, for now, originally from Michigan

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    at the moment about 60% making a concerted effort to adjust both mine and my husbands diets to be more in line with the primal way of life

Do you consume dairy:
    yes, mostly cheeses

tea

my health and a general desire to be more holistic in my lifestyle

Favorite exercise:
    Shaolin Kempo!!

Favorite Primal food:
    one word... bacon

feeling better

Worst part about being Primal:
    watching other people chow down on stuff I know is bad for me, but still want

monga is offline Junior Member
    moncler
    moncler jackets
    Moncler Donna

monga is offline Junior Member
    moncler
    moncler jackets
    Moncler Donna
    Moncler-Moncler Women,Piumino Moncler Donna

Ande is offline Senior Member
    Hi all! Been reading in the forums for a while and finally decided to join!

Your location:
    Beautiful Huntington Beach, CA

Age (If you want):
    24, and I'm female too, no pic up yet.

How Primal are you:
    That's a good question. In order to be more Primal I would be more strict with my food choices. I tend to make bad decisions more than I would like, usually in the form of ice cream or straight up rice, instead of just saying no. However, I don't regularly eat, or have things in my house that are not Primal.
    As far as exercise goes, I actually joined to get more support in that area as I figure I have the eating pretty much down and need to get into working out regularly.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, cream and butter and occasionally cheese and kefir.
    I would drink raw milk if the budget allowed it, and if I was not trying to loose weight by keeping the carbs low. Milk is delicious!

I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine so I drink unsweetened herbal tea quite a bit. I usually have a pitcher brewed up in the fridge. I do enjoy coffee but don't find myself drinking it all that much.

I needed something that would work. I've been trying to loose weight since I can remember but have always found myself reverting back to junk when it would get to hard. Once I found Primal I didn't need much motivation. I was already trying to improve my health, Primal was just the best choice

Favorite exercise:
    Eventually, when I can actually run, it will be running I like all exercise though. Slow pace movements if done outdoors are so nice and relaxing but LHT make me feel strong!

Favorite Primal food:
    Beef Short Ribs!! Had them for dinner last night. They were braised in beef stock, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, a small amount of maple, garlic, and tabasco. Awesome! (I'm telling you so you go and make it, make it!!)

So much... my instant thought is MDA - truly, even though I just now officially signed up, I've been primal for about 5 months and have benefited from the forums and of course, Mark's posts. The community here is awesome, and support is a very important thing.
    But personally, I've found the best thing for me is the lack of guilt when slip ups happen. And also just the overall knowledge I have now of what is healthy and what isn't. It's like there is no turning back. Now when I eat the bread or the cake or what have you I know what will happen, I will physically feel bad and I will not continue. I used to practically live off of fast food and binge on pasta and now I do neither and doubt I ever will again.
    I know I am vastly healthier and despite all else, that is a great feeling.

Worst part about being Primal:
    When other people forget/don't know you are Primal and make you food or have you over for dinner.

Mell is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Age (If you want):22

How Primal are you:about 70/30 I'm great at cutting out grains, but other cheats... Let's say not so much lol

Do you consume dairy:Yes, but I try to limit it to butter, FF Greek yogurt, and the occasional latte. I'd like to reduce that to a couple times a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee with creamer and way too much, working on that as well

Motivator for switching to Primal:Unexplainable health problems, skin problems, weight gain, blood sugar swings, and depression. Yeah, it's a looooong list....

Favorite exercise:I hate exercising. No seriously, Hate. That being said walking and being active in fun activities is enjoyable.

Favorite Primal food:Meat! I am a carnivore to the core.

Best part about being Primal:Freedom from sugar and evil cravings

Worst part about being Primal:I don't buy the groceries, so sometimes that becomes a shoddy excuse to go off primal