Page 275 of 627 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 6263

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 275

ginabina is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Rockwall, Texas (about 25 miles east of Dallas)

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: I'm primal 99% of the time. Until 3 years ago, I had been vegetarian for over 20 years.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, heavy cream in my coffee, a little butter, cream cheese on occasion. I don't go overboard with it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee, and green and black teas every day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Learning about how bad grains, sugars, seed oils are for the body!

Favorite exercise: I used to do Crossfit, but the injuries stacked up and I developed asthma on exercise. I love playing frisbee with my husband, it's not so intense that it gives me an asthma attack. He knows to throw it to my left or right, sometimes throwing it high, so I can run and jump for it! I still love to lift weights. My husband is a former national power-lifting champion, and he tells me it is surprising how strong I am.

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed burgers grilled over charcoal. And chicken and sausage gumbo. And sweet potato casserole.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling and looking good!

Worst part about being Primal: Refusing desserts, breads, etc. at family/holiday meals. Or maybe it's trying to explain (again) why I'm refusing them.

Samba Warrior is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Only just started so it's difficult to tell. I've restricted myself to fish and eggs as my primary sources of protein to keep my vegetarian girlfriend happy

Do you consume dairy: Butter for cooking, but only until I get some coconut oil

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 espresso, 1 assam and copious amounts of rooibos tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health problems due to stress and the fact that the Primal lifestyle feels instinctively right

Favorite exercise: I like pretty much everything but I LOVE dancing

Favorite Primal food: Thai green fish curry

Best part about being Primal: It feels so right; it strikes a chord deep within me

Worst part about being Primal: It's more expensive than being either vegetarian or vegan but I am hoping that the cost-benefit of being Primal will wipe the floor with either

npottle is offline Junior Member

My 21 Day Transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Live in Vancouver, BC, Canada, but am spending 3 months in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Age (If you want):61

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy: Only a spoonful in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 Coffee am's, 1 or 2 in the pm, and/or 1 or 2 iced tea (lime, no sugar)

Motivator for switching to Primal: My weight and fat levels are way too high. I am 101 kilos at the moment

Favorite exercise: Swimming (I train with a Master's Swim Club when I'm in Vancouver).

Favorite Primal food:Beef, chicken, pork.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling I am doing good things for my body.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Missing Bread. I used to make my own and love the yeasty smell and the great flavour.

primalshooter is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oklahoma

Age (If you want):48

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you consume dairy: Cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Seems natural

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: Backstrap

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up beer

nattyho is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Beginner

Do you consume dairy: Very little, mostly goat cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, could not live without it!

Motivator for switching to Primal:I've been struggling with weight issues for years an have constant headaches and low energy. I've read a lot about the Paleo diet and was very intrigued. So I started about a week ago and already have lost 8 lbs. So, that's a HUGE motivator in itself!

Favorite exercise: Dancing

Favorite Primal food: Coconut Shrimp, sweet potatoes and avacados

Best part about being Primal:Weight loss and I've been headache free for a week now. Still waiting for the energy to kick in, but due to the time change, I think I'm going to have to be patient with that one.

Worst part about being Primal: Getting my kids on board, it's been a struggle telling them I'm not buying bread anymore, or they can't have cereal. So, trying to find foods that they enjoy as well has been a huge struggle.

Type I Diabetic is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Type I diabetic of 21 years seeking others with Type I diabetes on the PB

Greetings fellow PB followers,

I have had type I diabetes for 21 years now. I was diagnosed at the age of 20 and boy was I surprised because up until that time I was fit and thin, and exercised all the time (played field hockey, and tennis, and loved gymnastics). Now, I am overweight by 50-60 pounds, not as active as I used to be though I still exercise, and my blood sugars fluctuate so much. I have high blood sugars and then I crash with low blood sugars. On top of that I don't have health insurance, so I don't have any guidance from any health care professionals. It's all ME baby!

My A1C is 7.5, my HDL is 44, my LDL is 123, and I take a low dose aspirin, a generic form of Cozaar to regulate my blood pressure, and a statin drug daily. I was put on Cozaar seven years ago due to a slightly elevated blood pressure which was 130/89 back then. The endocrinologist who put me on Cozaar told me that I permanently damaged my kidneys due to excessive blood sugar levels and that I should restrict my protein intake to only 75 grams a day, which for the most part I do quite well, but I bulk up on carbs and as it turns out has been the culprit of my weight gain. Aaarrgh! Diabetes is Frustrating disease!

So, here I am. I like what I am reading. I like the success stories. I want to try to PB to see if I too can be successful. I found this site from a link on Diabetes-Warrier.net and I was impressed by the host who dares to challenge one of the BIGGEST medical establishments in the country, the American Diabetes Association. I was also very impressed by the host who dropped his weight and blood sugars by going on a paleo diet, however he is Type II. Type I diabetes as you may or may not know is a different beast from Type II. My body doesn't produce insulin like Type II bodies can. I have to shoot up my insulin through a needle, and I am trying to regulate what my body used to do by itself. I am not as good at regulating as my body was. So, I am seeking other type I's for their friendship, guidance, and success stories.

Please contact me and I look forward to making your acquaintance.

Your location: Portland, OR

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Just starting out

Do you consume dairy: Butter and a little coffee creamer

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have Type I diabetes and I am desperate to find something that actually works to keep my blood sugar level and to lose weight.

Favorite exercise: Jumping on a trampoline, walking, SELF DVD's.

Favorite Primal food: I'm still a beginner and I need a cookbook quick! Did I mention that I LOVE to bake?

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

megafantastic is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Trondheim, Norway

Age (If you want): 18

How Primal are you: Mostly primal. I've been on and of for a few months now.

Do you consume dairy: No, i don't. I'm casein intolerant.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not regularly.

Motivator for switching to Primal: For about seven years I struggled with sleep, poor digestion, stomach pain, being a bit overweight, severe acne, inability to concentrate and never really feeling well. About a year ago, when I started reading about how food impacts your body, something just clicked. After that, I have been more aware of how I'm feeling after eating, and I'm trying to eliminate dairy, grains (gluten intolerant), sugar and additives from my diet. I'm doing this for my self, all by myself, and it is definitely worth the struggle.

Favorite exercise: Playing! I study drama, so we play until we're sweating - every day!

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, no doubt! I also love fish with homemade pesto.

Best part about being Primal: Being completely confident that this is the right thing to do for my self. I love that this is something I've decided for myself, and that taking care of my body is my own responsibility. I'm feeling better all over! Acne is slowly disappearing, my sleep is improving, and I no longer (ever!) have stomach pains!

Worst part about being Primal: Being alone in this. It's both the best and the worst part. Friends and family won't take me seriously when I try to tell them that living primally could change their lives as it has mine. Being young doesn't make me incompetent.

freds4 is offline Member

New Guy

Here's my info....

Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Oceanside, CA

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: Very (But only for 6 weeks so far)

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, one cup of decaf a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lower hereditary high cholesterol

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: I Feel Great!

Worst part about being Primal: I love beer

chealtecuct is offline Junior Member

wrote plunged fever

Because that is so urgent, here are the practical things in regard to doing this.

hi just a quick hello to the community. looking forward to meeting lots of people and learning lots
    chris