Page 274 of 620 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 6200

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 274

lisawantstolose is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I started primal last Friday.. nov. 4, 2011.. have alread lost a few pounds and am feeling the difference in my body already. Need to lose about 60 lbs.. have CAD already, one stent, and on lots of meds. Hopefully will be able to get off of them if I can lose this weight.

Question? I am having touble eating enough veggies, a few bites of meat and I don't want any more. Any suggestions? I do normally have a big salad at lunch..

Lisa

Your location: Tyler, TX anyone else in Tyler?? out there???

Age (If you want):61

How Primal are you:getting there

Do you consume dairy:little, like cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee with cream in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal:need to lose weight and keep it off

Favorite exercise: bicycle riding (yes, even at age 61)

Favorite Primal food:not sure yet..

Best part about being Primal: losing weight

Worst part about being Primal:
    no junk food

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Eagan, MN

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I strive for 100% but if I had to put a number on it I'd say around 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, in the form of grass-fed butter or full-fat plain yogurt sweetened with a touch of raw honey. If I could get raw milk(that wasn't 60 or more miles away) I'd probably drink that.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No to both. I didn't drink coffee before becoming primal but I used to drink lots of home brewed sweetened iced tea. Now that I can't have it sweetened I don't bother, water is easier and hits the spot.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I long ago made a pact with myself that if I ever came close to 300 pounds that I would do something about it. No way was I going to become one of those people you had to cut a hole in the side of the house to get them out when they croaked. After a couple of months maintaining at 280 pounds I decided that why maintain when I could lose weight instead? It was dumb luck that I stumbled upon Mark's blog and the rest is history.

Favorite exercise: I can't say I have a favorite exercise right now, but I am definitely looking to incorporate some kettlebell exercises in with my PEM exercises.

Favorite Primal food: Kimchee Jjigae(kimchee stew)

Best part about being Primal: How in tune with my body I've become. It is very empowering when you finally know or know how to find out what is best for your health and well-being.

Worst part about being Primal: Being unable to eat some of the foods I used to enjoy. Not because I can't eat them because I'm "primal" but because I know how terrible they are for me and how shitty they make me feel after I have them. Although I guess you can consider that a good thing.

afuentes is offline Junior Member

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello - I live in Las Vegas.
    I am 33 years young.
    I have been primal for a week now and before that just low carb.
    I do consume small amounts of dairy like butter and cream for coffee.
    I want to eat Primal to stay as clean as possible and at my ideal weight.
    However, dark chocolate and nuts can be a gateway for me.
    I love squats, deadlifts, and planks.
    The worst part of being Primal is I miss sweets,
    The best part about being Primal is that I stay away from sweets and keep my young figure.

Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy:

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise:

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:
    Ayana****I love strength training and reading!!!!! I have lost 50lbs and my bodyfat goal is 15%.

Theron451 is offline Junior Member
    madMUHHH > I did - became fanatic about what I ate at around age 16.. so you're not alone. My friends joked around a lot too.... but you'll keep joking about them, long after they're dead from nasty diet-related illnesses! ;-)

snowflake67 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alaska

Age (If you want): 44 as of monday!

How Primal are you: Still learning about that...I have been eating low carb high protein for about 2 years now

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee mostly...trying to embrace tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: healthy, seems the natural thing to do....

Favorite exercise: walking, dancing

Favorite Primal food: steak!

Best part about being Primal: I'll get back to you on that one!

Worst part about being Primal: Ditto....see above...

zaeReiroh2 is offline Junior Member
    madMUHHH > I did - became fanatic about what I ate at around age 16.. so you're not alone. My friends joked around a lot too.... but you'll keep joking about them, long after they're dead from nasty diet-related illnesses! ;-)

I see you are from East Texas. I live in Tyler,Tx. and just started going Primal last week. What area do you live in, and are there any others around that you know of?

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by jmblair45 View Post

How Primal are you: 99.9%

Do you eat dairy: butter, some Fage yogurt about twice a month

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes! Night shift nurse here. I did cut out sweetners and creamers.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been gluten free due to intolerances about 5 years but was still having issues. Started an elimination diet and I stumbled onto Primal Blueprint. Best thing that has ever happened.

Favorite exercise: The 5 exersices Mark recommends and walking/hiking

Favorite Primal food: cow, fish, chicken, and pig

Best part about being Primal: I feel good. No more hurting, belly issues, brain fog or inflammation

Worst part of being Primal: The blank stare from CW followers..'But what do you eat?' Then they tune you out when you explain.
    Are there any others around here? I live in Tyler

Carmiel is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Dallas, TX

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: Just getting started, I have been a vegetarian for twelve years and have just now seen the light

Do you consume dairy: Right now some cream and definitely butter, love butter!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Absolutely, coffee in the morning and mostly herbal tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Conventional wisdom told me I was doing all the right things for my health but I sure wasn't feeling it. Achy joints, weight gain, feeling tired etc...I am just too young for this stuff. I started doing some research and found out that everything I have been doing (mostly lot's of whole grains) was just wrong. I made the switch back to being a carnivore about two months ago and added healthy fats to my diet as well. The achy joints are gone and I am losing weight, I feel better in general, happier even, and I am ready to find out more about the Primal way.

Favorite Primal food: I guess it would be frozen berries with a bit of cream, it's just like ice cream!

Best part about being Primal: For me it is definitely having more freedom with food.

Worst part about being Primal: I am very concerned with using as many local, organic and humane sources as possible so I have been doing a lot of scouting out of food sources, it's a lot more work than I am used to when it comes to feeding myself. However, as I told one of my co-workers today who was shocked to see me eating chicken - if I am going to eat the little guys I really need to know where they came from and that they had a good life, that is important to me.

I am very glad to be here and have already learned tons from reading some of the posts.

Carol

David465 is offline Junior Member