Page 270 of 638 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 6374

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 270

Sylviesonrisa is offline Junior Member

Intro to Grok life :)

Hi Groks and Grokettes! I'm relatively new to this lifestyle, my Dad and my Brother introduced me to it a couple of months ago, and my husband and I have started fully living the vida groka a few weeks ago. We're still learning as we go, but I have to say that since starting we both feel a WORLD of difference. Looking forward to some six-pack abs making their debut in the new year

AlphaWolf is offline Junior Member
    i read this blog its so interesting and informative.......
    mens fashion

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Canberra, Australia

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Hmm good question... maybe 60-70%, been dabbling for a couple of weeks while waiting for my books, working towards 80+%, I'll see how I go.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cheeses, greek yogurt, creams, not large quantities except for 200g yogurt most mornings. Milk doesn't seem to like me anymore...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal teas, an extremely occasional coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: For my health, the weight is gone (sorry but CW worked) now I just want to be a healthier me.

Favorite exercise: Walking and yoga... that makes me laugh a bit, I don't know that there's much overlap between yoga people and primal people, I could be wrong though.

Favorite Primal food: I'm loving not feeling guilty about eating a big serve of meat, I'm drooling over some of the dessert recipes I have seen (but not tried), and I'm glad almond meal is a common ingredient, we love almond meal and already use it regularly.

Best part about being Primal: I feel great, I am sleeping well (thank you thank you thank you), I'm not hungry.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing really bothers me, it's time consuming working out new foods and trying to convince the family that it's a good idea... but that's the same with any change.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Lioness is offline Junior Member
    Hi all -
    Introduced to Primal Blueprint by a friend, already GF for years due to severe gluten intolerance diagnosed in adulthood. Went primal & within a week felt like a huge weight was lifted! Not tired all the time, dark circles gone, not constantly hungry, no bread/sugar cravings, stomach finally not fickle! Husband noticed & now he's primal too, along with the kids! 80/20 for sure with them, but have already noticed good things starting. Cooking is no longer a chore; having fun with making good home cooked food that everyone can eat and enjoy.

Looking forward to the journey, thanks for the forum resource!

Fliprain is offline Junior Member
    Just getting books and cleaning out pantry.
    Health issues too numerous to mention.
    Sedentary lifestyle
    Feels like last ditch effort

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Hi all, just signed up. Everything here looks great and I know it will be a great resource!

Your location: Northern ireland

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Pretty strict. 10 week snow with a couple of lapses, made up of a trip to Bruges where I had a couple of days of eating waffles and drinking beer, and one other incident just last week where I ate a full jar of peatnut butter with a spoon, didn't even bother to add it to something!

Do you consume dairy: Only heavy cream in coffee and occasionaly on fruit.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, no more than 2 cups per day but probably closer to one.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Having originally lost around 42 pounds I was finding it extremely difficult to lose more, no matter how much I trained. Eventually I was able to lose a further 7 pounds or so ater a relationship breakup but again hit a plateau. I realised I was eating way too many processed carbs, and had a huge weakness for ice cream and other desserts, not to mention being totally addicted to granola. Since going primal 10 weeks ago I have lost around another 14 pounds, with minimal cardio work, instead concentrating mainly on weight training, with my cardio source being epic mountain bike rides on the weekend.

Favorite exercise: Weighted chin ups.

Favorite Primal food: Parsnips, I could eat them all day every day.

Best part about being Primal: Just that feeling, it's so hard to explain to people, it's almost like being weightless. I love to hear people complain about feeling bloated safe in the knowledge that those days are behind me. I'm also no longer a slave to my appetite, before I was constantly hungry, eating every 2 hours and getting frustrated, these days my meals carry me much further.

Worst part about being Primal: I MISS ICE CREAM.

Dramoth is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,

I'm Mark. I am just starting out on the whole primal thing and I will be using the forums to build up to being as primal as I can. I am an Australian living in the UK and I am missing my sun...

The Questions:

Your location: Manchester, UK
    Age (If you want): 47 (going onto 48 in a couple of months)
    How Primal are you: probably 10-20% atm
    Do you consume dairy: some
    Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee in the mornings and tea in the evenings
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I recently lost 36kg on a VLC diet but I have been struggling with depression lately and lost the plot. So I figured that if I go onto something like this it will possibly help me out with losing a bit more weight and maintaining that weight going forward.
    Favorite exercise: Urban mountain biking and doing HIIT on the resistance machines in the gym. I am going to be hitting the trails on my MTB soonish
    Favorite Primal food: I dont really have any yet, but I am a massive steak eater.

Best part about being Primal: N/A

Worst part about being Primal: N/A

phit4life is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Fort Wayne, Indiana area

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Just two days into it.

Do you consume dairy: I will

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been very sick for several years. I have gained weight through no explanation with doctors. I've been on prescribed "diet" pills which later were pulled off the market and those didn't help either. I'm at my wits ends and feel why not give this the ole college try.

Favorite exercise: Love Crossfit, heavy lifting and biking

Favorite Primal food: I'm still learning to love protein.

Best part about being Primal: No thinking about what to "fix"

Worst part about being Primal: Family members that eat whatever they want.

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Northern California

Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you: Pretty consistent since late September, but still figuring it out.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Stomach problems
    Favorite exercise: step aerobics and dog walks

Favorite Primal food: Learning to like butter after 10 years of hating margarine.

Best part about being Primal: The way I feel.

Worst part about being Primal: Cost of some foods.

PaythePiper is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Midlands- UK

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you:
    just started my primal journey today- so i will be going for it- but before today about 50%- now in the upper 80% hoping to take it up to 90%

Do you consume dairy: occasinally

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: was googling best health blogs on net found MDA and have read around on it- brought the book and wanted to give it a try-- main motivation is weight loss, loss body fat and to gain the mental benefits egvhelp my mood..and put discipline into my life

Favorite exercise: push ups

Favorite Primal food: steak scrambled egg and brocolli- sometimes all at the same time

Best part about being Primal
    : hoping it will help me loss weight- and if i am successful i am hoping to spread the word amongst friends and family and do away with conventional wisdom and poor diet that they currently undertake.- all this to come if i make a success of it.

Worst part about being Primal:
    i guess its explaining to my housemates currently-what i'm gonna be eating and why..

will be lurking on the forum and asking q's from time to time.

I took my "before photo today" and will put it next to an after in approx 3 months time. i'm excited about this massive change.

wish me luck.