Page 268 of 630 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 6295

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 268

321Dad is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Howdy.
    Been looking into Primal/Paleo for about 3 weeks now... chomping at the bit because my PB Book is in transit!
    I've been nearly eating & sleeping Paleo Podcasts ("Latest in Paleo" and "The Paleo Solution"... Mark Sisson doesn't have one I've overlooked, does he?)
    I was led to the Paleo Diet idea by www.TheSurvivalPodcast.com that I also listen to regularly, where the host says he's been doing this for about 18 months and lost about 70 pounds.

I had success with the Zone diet a couple years ago, but fell off the wagon. Looking back at the foods I was eating, it was pretty much Primal/Paleo by default... as I ate a decent amount of lean protien, twice that volume in low-density carbs (good veggies), and was sure to get some healthy fats.

Graduated High School in 1990 at about 265.
    Weighed in at 308 about 2 years ago before living the Zone. Lost about 30 pounds, then fell off the wagon.
    Had been in the mid 290's most of this year, but I weighed in this week at 288.

How Primal are you: Maybe 10-20% My PB book is in the mail, but I'm already trying to get myself oriented with Primal by drastically cutting back breads and sugars, and looking forward to getting more primal once my PB gets here. I've tried reading online about Primal, but so many people into this are athletes and workout enthusiasts... not as easy to find people explaining things from a simple weight-loss angle. I'd expect this is mostly due to the fact that the core of the plan handles the weight loss just fine, and so the majority of the discussions are on going beyone... tweaking and adjusing for optimum performance. I need that friggin book! (Yes, I already perused most of the links on the "Newbies Start Here" thread that Mark posted.)

Do you consume dairy: Currently, yes, but can drop if I need to for the first 30 days. I eat Cheese (mozz, cheddar, colby/jack), Cottage Cheese, Yogurt, Kefir, butter (for cooking). Can get by without any milk easily as I only use it rarely. Ice Cream will be tough, but I've gone weeks without it in the past, so dropping it from now on (maybe saving it for a cheat indulgence?) is livable.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but can do water only if needed. I decided in College to drop soft drinks completely and ever since I've been mainly a water drinker. Considering how much I weigh now, I'd hate to see what I would have been if I hadn't given up sodas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sick and tired of being sick and tired. 3 kids need a daddy who will enjoy life with them... especially my oldest son who is already following down the same path I've been on. I don't want to resign him to the same fate I've had. Also my dad has been disgnosed Type 2 diabetic... and I'm in worse shape than he is, or ever was. I'm headed that way myself if I don't turn back, and probably at a much younger age than him. He (and me too) have some symptoms that are consistant with possible gluten and/or lactose intolerance... not to mention an obvious tendancy toward weight gain when on the SAD diet.

Favorite exercise: Exercise? What's that? I'm not active, and due to my stressful retail job's long hours, I'm not likely to be able to squeeze in much. I could walk a couple or three times a week, along with playing with the kids here and there, but I won't be doing much cardio, weightlifting, or crossfit anytime soon. Maybe a Tae-Bo video now and then, but not much besides that. Which is okay, because I don't seek to be a 6-pack with guns (though it would be nice) I just want to be healthier and able to move and be active with my kids and my wife... and to be there for them later in life.

Favorite Primal food: I actually love almost all veggies (all leafy greens, broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, squashes, etc...). I also love meat... all kinds. Fish, steak, chicken, you name it. My wife and I were foodies (Food Network fans) really intense before the kids started coming along (not much time now with 3 around) so we love trying new, fun, exotic dishes... but we also really need kid friendly recipes & meal plans.

Best part about being Primal: Sounds like the Zone but with some changes that make sense to me (no grains; more healthy fats... not sure about the why on the no beans thing, though. (again, hoping that the PB book will answer that once it arrives.)

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet. One thing: I may have to go this mostly alone as the wife is not on board with me. She's okay with most of the basics (she is not a bread fan, but would have a hard time cutting it out completely... never been much of a sweet-tooth... enjoys a variety of veggies) so she will be fine with most of the PB, but it may cause some tough spots when she doesn't think I need to do all that PB lays out.

That's me in a nutshell.

jofree18 is offline Junior Member
    New to paleo... 49 yr old female in WA state working on changing health and and lifestyle.
    Was introduced to Paleo diet and Mark by doctor last week as a possible way to start to change "issues"
    Researched and I am very excited to start.
    Have already purged the kitchen and been trying/experimenting in the kitchen with some of the recipes from the Primal cookbooks and experimenting with the "non-grain" flours.
    Favorite thing about the diet... meat... different recipes and trying new combinations of foods.
    hardest thing... no chips.... but will get over that
    love to bike and swim.. will get back to wt training and exercising on a more consistent basis..

amanda6393 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 85%

Do you consume dairy: No!!! (Casein intolerance)

Do you drink coffee or tea: A couple of cups of herbal tea most days, an occasional black coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and health issues due to food intolerances.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: A good medium rare steak or juicy salmon fillet.

Best part about being Primal: No horrible stomach upsets or bloating any more. Yay! And increased energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Reducing my red wine consumption. I still have a glass here and there and the occasional mid strength beer, but am feeling better for it. I also don't like my reduced choices when eating out, as most restaurant menus are full of dairy and grains!

MedicStam is offline Junior Member

Advice for health

I consider, that you are mistaken. I suggest it to discuss.

Gomeric is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Afghanistan

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Cyclogenic keto. Army DFAC food isn't organic, but other than that, pretty darn primal.

Do you consume dairy: I eat a couple scoops during my refeed meal on saturday.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black coffee, but only if it's already there.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I believe in the science of it. I've lost over 100lbs with it.

Favorite exercise: Overnight hiking/camping

Favorite Primal food: Anything I haven't eaten in over a week!

Best part about being Primal: Eat until I'm full. No calorie counting bullsh*t.

Worst part about being Primal: Can't go organic in the desert.

Ima
    Ima is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want):37

How Primal are you: Not sure...no grains or sugar.

Do you consume dairy: yes, daily, but only raw. usually i have a little cream in my morning coffee and a cup of kefir.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of coffee daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health issues- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, IBS, low functioning gallbladder.

Favorite exercise: walking and kettlebell

Favorite Primal food: liver

Best part about being Primal: less bloated, more energy

Worst part about being Primal: headaches. hard to eat on the run.

The Ginger Man is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Philadelphia

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 90% - 55-75% cardio/massive vegetable intake/IF ketoing through plateau

Do you consume dairy: some full fat Greek yogurt, occasional cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: the next 43

Favorite exercise: pull up

Favorite Primal food: spinach & kale soup

Best part about being Primal: never hungry

Worst part about being Primal: less beer

babycakes is offline Member

Age (If you want): look young enough

How Primal are you: a lot! no grains at all

Do you consume dairy: seldom

Do you drink coffee or tea: a little

Motivator for switching to Primal: hypoglycemia and being healthy

Favorite exercise: kettlebells. Have done insanity (not primal) and P90X, but the latter is too boring to me... Hate running, like cycling and love walking.

Favorite Primal food: dunno... I love food!

Best part about being Primal: not having to count points!

Worst part about being Primal: having to stay away from bad snacks

Poki is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 60% But going more Primal. Almost finished reading Primal Blueprint.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese but cutting back as I go. This one will be hard as I make my own cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee every morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I think someone said it before "The next 43"

Favorite exercise: Bicycle but I keep getting hit by cars!

Favorite Primal food: So Far? Elk Steak

Best part about being Primal: Only just started a week ago and feel better already!

Worst part about being Primal: Cutting back on cheese and bread. Hate grocery shopping!

whatizmu is offline Junior Member

Whatizmu Intro

Answers to The Questions:

Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Currently shoot for 80% Raw Food and Green Smoothies, switching to Primal

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes eat raw cheeses, rarely consume regular cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, French Press in am only

Motivator for switching to Primal: Insulin moderation, difficult to get enough calories with current diet so what I end up with is a combo of supremely healthy eating plus 20% horrible eating.

Favorite exercise: Sporadic High Intensity Cardio via Insanity, walking, hiking, Yoga

Favorite Primal food: Raw greens, fruits, green smoothies, sprouted nuts and seeds, chicken and beef.

Best part about being Primal: Will find out! XD

Worst part about being Primal: As above, unsure.