Page 263 of 638 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 6373

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 263

lunasma is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:Northern CA - the Sierra foothills

Age (If you want):57

How Primal are you:about 80% - 90% with food, working on the exercise part

Do you consume dairy:yep, cream with coffee, occasional cheese, occasional organic homeade yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes
    Motivation for going Primal: Metabolic Syndrome, reflux, feeling crappy all the time
    Favorite exercise: Riding my horse, and now walking. I also tried kayaking for the first time and loved it

Favorite Primal food:steak - preferably charcoal grilled

Best part about being Primal: a feel so much better

Worst part about being Primal:
    have not found it yet

lunasma is offline Junior Member
    Try duck eggs. My friend with severe allergies including eggs is able to eat duck eggs.

englishrose is offline Junior Member
    Hi, My first ever post.... here goes

Your location: Yorkshire, UK

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Try for 100%, right? my grey area is how much dairy to consume. cut out milk completely, but still loving the cheese...

Do you consume dairy: see above! small portions of strong cheddar, cream and full fat greek yogurt. and Butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 coffee in the morning, then, green/herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: lost a shed load of weight, but conventional eating to keep it off was starving me... i want to be strong, lean and healthy, not skinnyfat.

Favorite exercise: weight lifting.

Favorite Primal food: meat!

Best part about being Primal: not having to count every calorie! and worry about having massive meals/skipping meals

Worst part about being Primal: trying to eat out without getting odd looks (no bread, no chips, no pasta etc..)

gurleenkaur is offline Junior Member
    hello i am newbie here.....

Primalwoody is offline Member
    Hello everyone! I can't tell you how excited I am to finally make the decision to start posting and keeping myself accountable to the primal laws in PB. I have been on this site for a while now, close to a year, and my wife and I are committing to a better lifestyle. I know the 30 day challenge just ended, but we are starting our own challenge today. I look forward to meeting you all!!!

A little info, I have always been into working out, but my diet has failed me consistently. I am a perfectionist, so that has made it hard at times. If I missed one part of my workout, or ate something that wasn't good I felt I had to start over. I was looking for short term rewards as opposed to building habits. Well, I hope I can overcome that.

Cheers!
    Primalwoody

Tabby294 is offline Member
    Your location: Chicago, Il

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Just beginning, pretty much a learner at this point

Do you consume dairy: I have 2 cups of coffee and with that I use 1tbsp of heavy cream other than that I am eliminating dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Get my health under control, I am 43 and having health issues of a 65 year old

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: hoping to get off of all these meds and feel better

Worst part about being Primal:

TeaDub is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone,

I really like the idea of the questions. Nice way to give out a little pertinent info about ourselves. Here are my answers to questions posed....

Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: No. I am very sensitive to it. W/O dairy my rosacea has completely cleared away.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both...4-5 times a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: I needed a healthy LIFESTYLE where I could lose weight (already down 35 w/ 90 to go) and maintain it.

Favorite exercise: Walking, biking, dancing & I have become a big fan of Primal Fitness LHT.

Favorite Primal food: Filet mignon and beef jerky

Best part about being Primal: I am not preoccupied thinking about food all day long.

Worst part about being Primal: Living in a "split household" - My husband is not primal.

Hi TeaDub!! I am from Chicag and I too suffer from rosacea and am curious as to if the Primal woe is going to help it. How long have you been off of dairy?

TeaDub is offline Junior Member
    Tabby ~
    I have been off of dairy for approx 3 months. 6 months ago I gave up cow dairy, but was still consuming sheep's milk products, such as cheese and butter. Once I stopped all milk products I really noticed a difference.

Back in Feb/ Mar of this year I had a blood allergy test done, and the results showed a very high sensitivity to many cheeses, (including cottage cheese), cream, (including sour cream - which I always thought to be the nectar of the gods...), milk, etc. Goat milk products also showed a high sensitivity. But since the test mentioned nothing about sheep's milk my Dr. thought it would be a good alternative. Well it's not. (The test also showed a high sensitivity to gluten, wheat, yeast and some other grains.)

My last hold out was for butter. I had a difficult time parting ways with it. (I do use ghee once in awhile.) But once I eradicated all dairy it took about 3 weeks for me to have my great complexion back. (My husband even commented on it.)

Hope this helps.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OH NO butter??? That will be a tough one. I will let you know how things go, since I am giving up the dairy.