Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    I like the templated format.

The Questions:

Your location: Nashville, TN

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Not sure yet?

Do you consume dairy: Eggs and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Heck yes!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Low carb and wheat-free led me here - I'd like to lose weight/maintain normalcy for me without starving or excessive exercise.

Favorite exercise: biking

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: Eating delicious food and not being hungry.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain it closed-minded people and weather the critics.

lizzie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Knoxville, TN

Age (If you want): 56 next month

How Primal are you: I'm allergic to most grains, so I eliminated those several years ago. I'm not sensitive to meat, poultry, vegetables, most fruits, greek yogurt or cheese. That means my diet is already fairly primal, though I still consume too many carbs and don't move my body enough.

Do you consume dairy: I've been eating greek yogurt, cheese, sour cream, and butter, but think it's time to eliminate the vast majority of that stuff.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink 2 cups of coffee a day and enjoy black, green, red, and herbal teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've gained far too much weight and don't get enough exercise. For the first time in my life, I have belly fat! I intend to be healthy and fit in my older years, so I need to get my behind in gear!

Favorite exercise: I like doing intervals on my elliptical, because it doesn't hurt my already bad knees and feet. I also enjoy lifting heavy things.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: It's common sense and easy, plus I'm not feeling deprived or hungry.

Worst part about being Primal: People already roll their eyes at my allergies to lactose, grains, eggs, tropical fruits, and most nuts. Adding anything else to the list of things I'd rather not eat just gives them more room to criticize. Oh well, guess I'll just have to grow a thicker skin.

kapriki is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Santa Fe, NM, USA

How Primal are you: 98% on my own, though i understand many cultures eat differently and i would never say no to the occasional dinner even if it includes grains or dairy, some cultures take offense to that.

Do you consume dairy: Nope, but then again when in Rome...

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee, Tea sporadically

Motivator for switching to Primal: Long distance running became the key motivator, as energy sapping as it is i found myself trying to figure out why i couldn't go longer or recover faster, then i read about hunters & gatherers and here i am

Favorite exercise: Anything barefoot, trail running(long distance), climbing

Favorite Primal food: Anything meat, veggies and lots of fruit

Best part about being Primal: Energy, energy, energy!!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Not everyone accommodates but we do what we can

stevewithers1974 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: St Albans, UK

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: food - definitely. Still working on other aspects of the lifestyle

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Been getting raw milk only once a week delivered to home and making homemade yoghurt from it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both of the conventional type. I also like to have a jasmine scented green tea when I get in from work to relax.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have an autistic son. I researched on the internet and found references to a GAPS diet on mercola.com. There is a possibility that this could cure him over an extended period The diet is almost identical to the Primal diet - no grains or carbs etc etc, with lots of fermented foods. So the whole family is switching - if son sees carbs on plate while getting his meat and fruit, then he wants it, so we don't have any either, and we are not missing it!

Favorite exercise: Mountain biking - I know it is a long steady slog at times which is not very Primal, but it is so rewarding when you get over the top of a climb and point the bike down through some rough stuff.

Favorite Primal food: Still learning. Had a good salad last night with organic mince meatballs on top - I poured the fat that had cooked out over the leaves as a dressing.

Best part about being Primal: More energy in the evening - not collapsing on the sofa and sleeping. I can get on with jobs, so freeing up weekend time for the kids.

Worst part about being Primal: None - sometimes people don't understand when you don't want carbohydrate and grain based food. It doesn't really become a problem though.

GeekGrokker is offline Junior Member
    Your location: York, Pa

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Still succumbing to cravings every once in a while, but they are going away. Let's call it 85/15

Do you consume dairy: Some Fage here and there, but otherwise not at all

Do you drink coffee or tea: neither.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Was obese and not losing weight. Went to gym, tried diet pills, worked two very active jobs and got nowhere. On a whim, I started browsing youtube for pushup progressions and found Mark's video which was rather informative. The video brought me to MDA. I read through a good chunk of it, thought about it, then went back to not losing weight for another two months. That's when I got serious, and came back here to give this another chance. I don't think I could go back now for the life of me.

Favorite exercise: Walking in VFFs through a misty forest in the early morning without another soul in sight

Favorite Primal food: Gut instinct is to say steak, but I've yet to run through all of them just yet. I might change my mind after making the roasted duck recipe I found here earlier.

Best part about being Primal: Cooking experimentation and losing weight like it's out of style (which it is) come in at a perfect tie.

Worst part about being Primal: Cravings! Not yet past the blasted carb cravings!
    Starting Weight - 264 - 4/7/2011
    Current Weight - 209 - 6/12/2012
    Goal - 165

melissaishappy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Suburban DC (Maryland)

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Pretty Primal. No sugar or grains, but not always eating Primal quality meats. I also use artificial sweeteners in my morning coffee

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Just whole milk Greek yogurt, heavy cream and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking for an effective weight loss plan and adopting a healthier lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Walking and strength training (not body-building level)

Favorite Primal food: Wild-caught salmon from off the coast of Ireland

Best part about being Primal: Energy!!!

Worst part about being Primal: wanting that occasional cupcake or ice cream with the family.

AllieF is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Spain

Age (If you want): 39 (buggar!)

How Primal are you: Not very, but am low carb and like lurking here coz the exercises have been a life changer!

Do you consume dairy: Yes. yogurt and fresh cheese (and more cheese occasionally!)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Generally wanting to be stronger and less wobbly has got me into incorporating a little primal into my low carb life.

Favorite exercise: Hiking with the dogs, the 5 key exercises - one day I will be able to do some chin ups instead of "chin downs".

Favorite Primal food: Rare peppered Galician beef.

Best part about being Primal: Getting stronger and not feeling "shaky" ever.

Worst part about being Primal: No idea, as low carbing my way gives me a cheat day when I can go mad if I needed too (amazingly I no longer eat very differently on cheat day, but knowing I can means I don't miss things).
    I'm NOT gonna be fat at 40!, and I might manage some chin-ups by then!

My Dress Fits Me Now!

Krog is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Clearwater, Florida USA

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: I always think primal when making food choices, it doesn't always win :-)

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and I believe it is what we are meant to eat.

Favorite exercise: Having run 17 marathons at 245lbs plus, I know prefer to walk.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Knowing that you are making good decisions for you body and your life.

Worst part about being Primal: No beer!!!!!!!!

Padre is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Memphis, TN

Age (If you want): 57

How Primal are you: Just beginning

Do you consume dairy: Eggs and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: No, but a daily diet coke - I know, flame me.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Better energy, less bloating, not as much hunger

Favorite exercise: biking - about 60 miles per week

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: Eating delicious food and not being hungry.

Worst part about being Primal: Too early to tell but already recognize it is a long drive from where I live to find organic foods and they are expensive.

jedanput is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sweden

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: 60-70%?

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffe, am going to cut it out completely though in a not too distant future.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health benefits and because the diet sounds logic.

Favorite exercise: Abs workout.

Favorite Primal food: Red meat.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing you are making the right choice for your body.

Worst part about being Primal: No beer, no coffee and no hamburgers.