Page 258 of 626 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 6257

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 258

Wolf is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: North east Ohio

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: 90-95%

Do you consume dairy: Rarely, and when I do it's usually dark chocolate, and there's the occasion of full fat greek yogurt, grassfed butter or cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea sometimes but not often.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Acne got me interested in health.

Favorite exercise: Walking and sprinting.

Favorite Primal food: I've been primal for awhile but there's still so much to try! I don't feel like I've found it yet.

Best part about being Primal: Being close to nature.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing, but I wish I had a primal friend I could enjoy good food with. (Anyone else from my area?)

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Bay Area

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Only grass-fed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea- I drink mainly detox teas and healing teas for IF

Motivator for switching to Primal: Supposed GERD, but its more of digestive issues due to a string of anti-biotics

Favorite exercise: Playing golf 3 or 4 times a week

Favorite Primal food: pastured meats of all kinds

Best part about being Primal: FAT!

Worst part about being Primal: why didnt i do it sooner!

ABatten328 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Just getting started

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: weening myself off of coffee, love hot tea. probably don't drink it enough

Motivator for switching to Primal: My health.

Favorite exercise: don't really have a favorite. However, I don't like to exercise alone. so, group classes motivate me!

Favorite Primal food: still learning about Primal.

Best part about being Primal: don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: as long as it makes me feel better, I'm sure there won't be a downside. oh..convenience. that's it.

canuckgrl13 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Victoria, BC Canada

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: getting there, have to cut out aspartame, and wine!

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love tea but only with sweetener in it so I haven't had it since I started

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, watching fathead

Favorite exercise: Squats, hate doing them but great results

Favorite Primal food: Steak, eggs, bacon!

Best part about being Primal: not craving junk food anymore!

Worst part about being Primal: explaining to people why I eat so much fat! Also watching people count calories and eat low fat low calorie junk

BerryMac is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone!
    Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Not sure yet - just started this two days ago! I will not eat grain aside from brown rice. I think I'll have potatoes once in a while. And a bit of xylitol, but i'm not sure where that counts on the whole sugar scale. So... 80%?

Do you consume dairy: Yes - raw.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Either. But i prefer coffee. Black during my morning fasts, with milk or cream and a tsp of non-gmo xylitol during non-fasting times.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Friend (Bex) is doing it, and I've read Mark's Daily Apple before. But I want to lose weight, LGN, and be strong and fast again. I need a lifestyle change, not a diet. I think this is it.

Favorite exercise: Rowing or lat pull downs. But out of the essential five, I'd have to say...none of them. I like developing my back, so probably pullups, once I can actually do them unassisted.

Favorite Primal food: Meat. I have access to pastured beef and chickens and turkeys. Oh, and eggs. mm.

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet. But probably getting the crap out of my diet and avoiding all the health problems so many people on the SAD experience.

Worst part about being Primal: Bread and sweets cravings - I am hoping they go away FAST.

GLD1 is offline Member
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 3 Days old

Do you consume dairy: Yes - sparingly!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need a lasting lifestyle change

Favorite exercise: Barbell Squats

Favorite Primal food: Egg

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet - at the moment it's the potential!

Worst part about being Primal: Getting over the cravings

sassafras is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Mexico

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: no grains, no sweetener of any sort. yes to wine and fruit and some dairy. not grassfed meat yet but a friend is going to sell some of the elk her husband bagged the other day, which i'm super excited about.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. cheese and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: one cup coffee with cream in the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    i was/am really sick of being fat and exhausted and sitting out when husband and kiddo are having fun. my husband and i both read gcbc in 2009 and by jan of 2010 i found primal eating to be what makes the most sense. lost 30 pounds in 2010 then got pregnant and carried to term (i had lost 4 babies prior to that). in april 2011 i gave birth and have been working on weight loss while exclusively nursing.

Favorite exercise: Hiking since i moved to the mountains of new mexico. i also am really digging burpees even though mine are modified for the pushup.

Favorite Primal food: bacon, butter, avocado, salmon and steak.

Best part about being Primal: i can eat food i love and lose weight in a healthy way.

Worst part about being Primal: why is real food so much more expensive than frankenfoods? i wish everyone could eat this way. i have some friends who can not afford it and it really bothers me. also, sometimes i really miss cake.

notpastit is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Sydney, Australia
    Age (If you want):63

How Primal are you: starter (8 days)

Do you consume dairy: rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes - coffee and green, white, black and herbal teas - all without milk or sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been reading about Paleo living in modern times for a few years now and finally decided to do more than read. I had Hashimoto's thyroiditis years ago which really messed up my thyroid and I kept hearing how hard it was to a) not put on weight and b) lose what had been put on. I bought into all of that so didn't even try. Now I'm trying.

Favorite exercise: walking. I'm about to buy one of those "on the doorway" chinup devices but I think I'll be using it as a hang down device for a while till my arms figure out that they have some muscle.

Favorite Primal food: butternut pumpkin(squash) mashed with coconut milk

Best part about being Primal: Already I feel better than I did and I'm sleeping better. The food (from both of mark's recipe books).

Worst part about being Primal: Having to be really organised about food. fine at the moment because on on school holidays but next week when I need to be at school by 7 am each day and take primal food with me....hmm....planning needed.

belpe is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone

The Questions:

Your location: Slovakia
    Age (If you want): 38
    How Primal are you: very primal :-) I went grain&processed stuff free in february 2011. 99%
    Do you consume dairy: splash of whipping cream in coffee
    Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Maffetone's book about endurance training led me to learn about fat-burning and low-carbing. Saved my life. And brought me to the world of paleo and MDA.
    Favorite exercise: running (low heart rate training in fasted state), hiking, body-weight excercise - 20 chins
    Favorite Primal food: beef and eggs. And bacon, of course
    Best part about being Primal: Lost 10kg and for the first time in my life I can see my abs. But seriously, this is the best time of my life!!
    Worst part about being Primal: none!

Melbouch is offline Junior Member
    Bognor Regis in the UK in other words Englands answer to Malibu!
    Hi All

Your location:South Coast of England

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you: This is day 3

Do you consume dairy: Greek yogurt and a bit of cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea usually as I don't like coffee but I will steal esspresso from my Husband if we're eating out!

Motivator for switching to Primal: A friend told me about it and I like the philosopy of it AND I don't seem to be able to shift weight while eating carbs.

Favorite exercise: Pilates. I've got hamstrings you can play a tune on so it's good getting flexible. I also run (sloooowly) a bit and now I walk too.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, steak and nuts

Best part about being Primal: It's early days but I do seem to be more alert in the aftenoons and I've lost some weight.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm dizzy today