Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 6003

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 257

trakan is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: 10%

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: maybe one cup of tea and five cups of coffee per week

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gaining mass, I'm 6'3" and 140 to 150 lbs I have a hard time believing its healthy. I also drink ridiculous amounts of energy drinks and I smoke about a pack a day and chew a can of snuff every two days. I wanna quit before I have emphysema and diabetes.

Favorite exercise: Barefoot sprints

Favorite Primal food: Meat and Salads

Best part about being Primal: On the rare week that I actually pull it off, once the carb flu goes away, I feel focused and calm. I wake up energetic and I feel motivated to get things done.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being blissfully ignorant. I feel like an idiot every time I buy another pack of smokes or drink another redbull. It also sucks watching my friends and family eating whole grain bread and drinking Gatorade cause its "healthy", not that I want the food, I just wish I didn't know. That's what I get for stumbling on MDA I guess.

underthetree is offline Junior Member
    i used be a wower,and now my friends has introduced me a new game,Diablo 3,does anyony has played this?is it interesting?
    cheap Diablo 3 gold,hope the old players can share the game here
    or you can share me the game you palyed,thank you~

Hondo Maclean is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Guernsey, Channel Islands

How Primal are you: As much as I can support financially - luckily living on the island I live on we have access to a lot of locally grown fruit and veg aswell as grass fed cattle and chickens! I don't consume any grains and im more of 90/10 as far as cheating goes. Chocolate when I have it is strictly 85+% and the majority of my meats are grass fed. I tend to eat a lot of meats (chicken and steak!), salads, nuts, eggs and flaxseed/coconut as my staple with tuna both chunked and steak as my fish. The only real exception I make is for the supplements I use for my workouts so im not 100% paleo but I am where it counts! As far as exercise goes the PB weekly routine is the base of my workouts with sprint, hiit and strength training mixed in with some martial arts.

Do you consume dairy: I sometimes have full cream in a black coffee and occasionally full fat milk a coffee as well as some cheese every now and then.

Do you drink coffee or tea: See above for coffee! I don't tend to drink generic tea, choosing rather to have Green Tea, a herbal detox tea, ginseng and a nettle tea (testosterone ahoy!).

Motivator for switching to Primal: I love to research things and cane across the concept of TKD AND CKD diets (Cyclic ketogenic and Targeted Ketogenic diets) for weight lifting and in said research came across the MDA forum. Id also came across a rawpaleo forum which i was unsure about following but the information on both sites as well as being my own guinea pig kept me down the paleo path and i haven't looked back!

Favorite exercise: Using dumbbels I like doing Squat, Clean and Press in sequence and bodyweight it has to be chinups, love the burn!

Favorite Primal food: Tough one between anything with eggs in, steak and Marks Nut Butter Bars

Best part about being Primal: The looks on peoples faces when I devour every food they considered the devil and feeling 1000x better then I've ever been because of it!

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to hunt with a spear and bow without prosecution

always_running is offline Junior Member
    Found MDA a couple of weeks back & since then have been hovering up the information! Spurred on from Mark’s post a couple of days back – Don’t just consume; produce, interact, discuss!

Your location:
    Dublin, Ireland

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    In the middle of the 30 day challenge, have been 80/20 for a while now after reading The Paleo Diet for Athletes! But this time my beautiful wife has come along for the adventure.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes – unsalted butter, full-fat milk, & cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Espresso in the morning & two cups of tea during the day.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Made sense after reading lots & lots! Spent the last four years beating myself up, training for triathlon (up to Half-Ironman distance)! It was meant to be fun, it wasn’t! I now pick & choose my training as fun, I was weighting in at 68kg training 14 hours a week now I’m between end of season, start of off season so no training so only tipping away twice a week PB style – already 4kg lighter & more muscle definition – go PB!

Favorite exercise:
    Fetch with my dog in the park!

Favorite Primal food:
    Don’t have one but the new spice rack has opened up a new world of taste, veg & meats that were once bland to my palette are now out of this world!

Best part about being Primal:
    Life appears to have simplified a lot – be it clearer thinking I do not know!

Worst part about being Primal:

CW – some folks are set in stone! Plus having to explain that carbohydrates come in many forms & not just bread, potatoes, pasta, etc.

Your location: DC

Age (If you want): late 40s

How Primal are you: Not very.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: This website. I was drawn in by the fitness angle.

Favorite exercise: Pullup (assisted with various ginormous rubber bands)

Favorite Primal food: Lean ground beef

Best part about being Primal: Upper body strength

Worst part about being Primal: The idea of giving up carbs.

clintonR71weir is offline Junior Member
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to look as good as Mark when I'm in my 50s- which is quickly approaching. Plus it just makes sense from a health standpoint.

Books and Cats is offline Junior Member

New Here Too!

Your location: The Southeast US

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: From what I understand so far, probably 80-90%.

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes. I occasionally cook with butter and eat good quality, organic cheese 2-3 times per week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of coffee every morning and occasional tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hopefully, it's my final step in making my lifestyle healthier. In June of this year, I cut out most junk food. In August, I cut carbs after reading Gary Taubes books. A few weeks ago, I read the Primal Blueprint in an attempt to find a healthy, livable version of a low carb diet. I like that it includes real foods and lets me have a few of my favorite treats in moderation like: coffee, red wine, dark chocolate, high quality cheese, etc.

Favorite exercise: Anything outside: walking, hiking, yardwork.

Favorite Primal food: Either roasted chicken (I can finally eat the skin without guilt!) or avocado with a little lime juice and sea salt.

Best part about being Primal: My energy levels are incredible. I used to feel tired all the time but now I feel great!

Worst part about being Primal: Difficult to find healthy, primal food choices especially at work.

mj_zepeda is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Porto Alegre, Brazil

Age (If you want):23

How Primal are you: starter

Do you consume dairy: yes...

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes...

Motivator for switching to Primal: want to lose the last 10 lbs (starting 140)and get to 18% body fat (currently 27%)

Favorite exercise: swimming, jogging.. dancing!

Favorite Primal food: sausage and eggs...

Best part about being Primal: it's so effortless!!

Worst part about being Primal: I had to give up sweets and carbs.. but I was REALLY NEEDING THAT! Now I can't find something BAD about it. It's been a week on PRIMAL and I am feeling great! planning on staying!

Aliceu180 is offline Junior Member

Alice nel paese delle meraviglie

Good day i am very pleased to be now a part of your guest book. Now come to drop some words my website at My tehno place

AKmom is offline Junior Member
    Your location: AK

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: newbie, it'll be 2 weeks on Monday

Do you consume dairy: some- raw milk mostly, some cheeses, and half n half

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss/ wanting to see primarily how grains affect me

Favorite exercise: walking currently

Favorite Primal food: grass fed steak or juicy moose hamburger

Best part about being Primal: butter and the freedom to not have to track how much I'm eating

Worst part about being Primal: fresh baked bread...though who knows it may not even taste good anymore