Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 6344

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 256

wendywoman71 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Northern Nevada

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Brand new so not sure what that means

Do you consume dairy: Nope, allergic

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea, getting used to no sweetners, used to use agave

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have Celiac's Disease and am hypo thyroid and sick and tired of being sick and tired and FAT! LOL

Favorite exercise: Cycling

Favorite Primal food: Just tried the Shepard's Pie with mashed cauliflower AMAZING!!!

Best part about being Primal: After only 4 days, I feel sooooooo good. Thinking clearer and decent energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Is it normal to have bad breath on this plan???? I mean it's BAD!!! Other hard part is making myself stay within my heart rate as I am used to working out really hard and killing myself.

Neicy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: US

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: too soon to tell

Do you consume dairy: yes a little. Not everyday and always high quality.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted to go gluten free and then did more research on all grains. ended up here

Favorite exercise: swim, bike, hike and walking.

Favorite Primal food: all of it

Best part about being Primal: feel better

Worst part about being Primal:not sure yet but so far nothing

BlueEyedBee is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I'm new and wanted to introduce myself

Your location: Illinois

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Newbie! Need help figuring this out!

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope

Motivator for switching to Primal: Struggling with some health issues (candida, heavy metals, FMS/CFS, digestion, hormones, etc) and this looked like it might help. I've been low-carb for a while, but this seems really healthy!

Favorite exercise: Weightlifting, swimming

Favorite Primal food: Veggies, coconut oil, chicken breast, homemade veggie juices

Best part about being Primal: I'll find out!

Worst part about being Primal:

phreebie is offline Senior Member
    Your location: NZ

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: 80-90%

Do you consume dairy: yes I like to drink fresh milk, some cheese in dishes such as shepherds pie
    Do you drink coffee or tea: both, coffee; no milk, no sugar. Tea; black - milk no sugar, green - no additives - are putting the kettle on?

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've always considered myself highly carnivorous
    Favorite exercise: martial arts, walking, kayaking, free movement
    Favorite Primal food: MEAT!!
    Best part about being Primal: It doesn't feel too different to what I've always done, but the guidelines have pointed out the bits I was missing.
    Worst part about being Primal: Paleo Nazis quibbling over a sprinkle of flour to thicken a crockpot, or a dash of soy sauce etc

adriana26 is offline Junior Member
    Everyone can experience LBP or low back pain, I personally experienced the same thing too. The worst is I can't do the things that I love. I used to play golf with my friends but because of the severe pain on my back I stopped playing. My aunt who is concerned with my condition introduced me to Ironman Inversion table. I was a bit hesitant to try it, but after a few weeks of using it, I felt better. I am heading to a golf club right now, hope this will help those who are trapped with the same condition.

Inversion tables are used to relieve stress, improve blood circulation, reduce low back pain and overall quality of life. For more information, visit Ironman Inversion tables .

pbj
    pbj is offline Senior Member
    Hi there,
    Totally skipped this part and went right into the meet and greet page (iowa girl)
    anyway here it is
    How primal are you: I would say 90% - I just started a couple of weeks ago though so I'm still working it out
    do you consume dairy: yogurt / cottage cheese / cheese only - gave up milk years ago
    do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both, black...but less now. I don't need the caffeine to come back up from a carb crash!
    Motivator for switching to Primal: a month of acid reflux and major intestinal issues led me here and the fact that ALL my GI issues are gone in the 2 weeks I've been eating this way...I'm stayin' baby!
    Favorite exercise: LIfting weights and running
    Favorite Primal food: any pork, all pork!
    Best part about being Primal: the euphoric feeling...maybe it's just the lack of insulin / carb spikes that makes it feel like euphoria
    Worst part about being Primal: trying to get my family to see how amazing they COULD be feeling!

allright, done!
    pbj

Schatze is offline Junior Member
    Hello! I've been reading through the forums the last couple of weeks, and decided to finally set up an account and say hi.

Your location: Bloomington Indiana

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: ??? Not sure of the %. Been eating this way for about a month now, and have had two 'cheats': cake and pizza. The cake made me feel sick. The pizza was really thin crust but made me want MORE so I'll have to be careful there.
    Otherwise the usual: lots of veggies, good protein, a little dairy, good amount of oils and fats, some dark chocolate and dried fruit occasionally.
    I stopped counting calories and macros this week, but before that I was getting around 50g of carbs a day, 80-100 grams of protein, and about 50% of my calories from fat.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Greek yogurt sometimes, cheese occasionally, and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in the morning and herbal tea later in the day.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    A few reasons - first of all, it makes sense. My favorite food groups are protein and fat. I always used to think: "If I eat this cereal/bread/pasta, I'd better be sure to mix some fat and protein in there or my blood sugar will go crazy." It didn't occur to me to ask myself...then why eat the carby stuff!?! I know better now, and feel much better too.
    Also, the increase in energy and weight loss have been great.

Favorite exercise: Hiking through the woods or walking in town.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs and bacon! Alone, together, mixed with other stuff, it's all good.

Best part about being Primal: More energy, not being freaked out about eating the foods I really like, feeling leaner and stronger.

Worst part about being Primal: So far, trying to cook things that my husband and I will both like. He's been a good sport about all the veggies though.

BamaAla is offline Member
    Like the young lady from Iowa, I skipped this step as well. Sorry. Here it is:

Your location: Alabama

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Only on day 3. Thus far, I think I've been pretty good. I will be shooting for about 90% when I gain the requisite knowledge.

Do you consume dairy: To this point, only butter. I've never been a cheese guy, but I've always consumed copious amounts of milk. That will be tough to break.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. I've always drank black coffee (about 5 cups a week.) Since I got the book I've been adding coconut milk to my morning cup of joe.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and weight. I'm 6'1" 220 and would like to get down to the 190 range. Also, my favorite foods are primal. CW told me to restrict them; F you CW.

Favorite exercise: Walking with my dogs and push ups.

Favorite Primal food: The tripartite: Salmon, Bacon, Steak!

Best part about being Primal: Yesterday I cooked a meal with butter for the first time since I was in high school. I freaking love butter.

Worst part about being Primal: Quick meal options. I haven't learned yet how to grab a quick meal when my belly starts growling. A week ago I would throw together a peanut butter and banana sandwich or stop into the local subway, but now I find myself looking a bit longer and laboring a bit more. I'm sure this will flesh out in the coming days, weeks, months.

Karee2525 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Pittsburgh/Erie, PA and all over the place...busy life!

Age (If you want):28

How Primal are you: just starting...but the goal is fully primal

Do you consume dairy: small amount but trying to stop

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel incredibly awful when I eat grains/sugar. It is also impossible for me to control my weight while eating grains/sugar. Staying fit is crucial for my job. I became desperate in my attempt to keep myself thin. I became the Korg's x 10. I would exercise like a crazy person...then feel like I was starving...binge...and then exercise some more. Awful. Absolutely awful. Never again. After 3 full days of being primal, I feel incredible!

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: I'm not killing myself at the gym...and I have already lost weight.

Worst part about being Primal: the inevitable lack of chocolate chip cookies in my life...but I feel good...so I don't mind

concretecavewoman is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello! Been reading MDA for a year now and decided it was time to join the forums after deciding to start my 30 day challenge.

Your location:
    Seattle, WA

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Moderately? Consistent 80% of the time, very so-so 20% of the time. Going for a 30 day challenge starting tomorrow. No dairy, no grains, no legumes. Need to kick the sugar from my life, even if its only guise is dried fruit. Nature's candy, for serious.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, pastured butter, heavy cream from grassfed cows, and some aged cheeses from raw milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Coffee w/heavy cream, about a cup per day, and the occasional cup of tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Inconsistent energy/leanness. I'm a software engineer who spends 8-10 hours a day seated at a computer (well, not anymore, I have a standing desk now!). My energy would nosedive at the same time every afternoon. I was a habitual grazer eating a conventional runner's diet (oats, wheat, and sadness). About a year ago I joined crossfit because it sounded cool and hardcore, and participated in their 7 week paleo challenge. I lost crazy inches, my energy levels increased, and I generally felt amazing. Then I started traveling heavily for work and tanked out, regaining many of those fabulous inches I'd lost and was back on the carb-fueled energy rollercoaster. Now my job has evened out so I'm trying to go full bore again.

Favorite exercise:
    Good ol' fashioned barbell weight training. I do Wendler 5/3/1. I'm also a recovering distance runner, but that doesn't mean I don't still enjoy it I was a competitive tennis player for a long time so I still enjoy that as well as racquetball

Favorite Primal food:
    Offal! I spent/wasted many years as a vegetarian and now my palate can be wholly unprejudiced.

Best part about being Primal:
    The energy! And not having to eat every 5 minutes.

Worst part about being Primal:
    The people who feel compelled to inform you that you're going to die of a heart attack at 40 from eating all that (grass-fed, cruelty-free, environmentally-sustainable) fatty beef.