Page 255 of 600 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 6000

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 255

tech_hunter is offline Member

Hello from Montana!

Primal Fuel
    Your location: Montana

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just starting, but during my LC journey, I always tended towards it.

Do you consume dairy: A bit of cream in my coffee, occasionally some hard cheese on my meat. Trying to have less, but it's SO GOOD!!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, 1 cup of coffee in the morning, tea the rest of the day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Can't function with the carbs! I can't even handle much of the vegetables, I have to be careful.

Favorite exercise: Horseback riding! It's not just sitting around, I can tell you that!

Favorite Primal food: MEAT!!

Best part about being Primal: No bloat! Well, less weight, NO MIGRAINES!!

Worst part about being Primal: Getting back onto it after falling off.....2 day migraine anyone!?!

matey is offline Junior Member
    location; in Kendal, Cumbria, UK.

Age; Older than I care to say but over 50

How primal am I? Very, Im strict. No grains, not beans and pulses,no potatoes,tomatoes or peppers, minimal dairy, pickleand sauces should be lactic acid pickles. It's my first month so wanted to get it right before introducing a bit more lee way. I am just reintroducing cheese to my food choices. I don't count I don't weigh, I use appertite to tell me to stop. I've lost 14lb in 28 days.

Do I consume dairy..Yep but not much.

Do I drink tea or coffee... I drink Tea, but not coffee.

My motivation... GERD, felt Crap basically... wasn't enjoying life and now I am glowing!!!!

My fave excersize; At the moment it walking in my VFFs, though I have a bit of PF which is why I got theVFFs. Ultimately I want to do lots of different things and enjoy them.

Fave Primal food; Has to be avoados with salad, followed by local lamb grazed on the saltmashes near home... YUM!

Best part about being primal; Great complexion, dynamic weight loss,

Worst part about being primal; It is a little expensive but I can justify this, as I'm spending money on what really counts. Our Family Health.

girlface is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Tomball, TX

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Just now starting - absorbing info, purging pantries and writing my grocery list

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Energy, General Wellness, and to lose 10-20 lbs

Favorite exercise: Zumba, Elliptical Machine, and Weights

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: Will tell you as soon as I know!

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up some favorite foods

joedaddio is offline Junior Member
    Hey folks, new here and thought this would be a good place to start. I'll get the questions out of the way!

Your location: Orange County, CA

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Not very, i don't think. For one, I'm a vegetarian (boooo, hissss... I know ), but I do try to eat mostly fruits, nuts, and vegetables. Breads are like heroin, I've got to admit. I have cut way back recently, but for some reason wrapping something in a tortilla makes everything better.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I do. I love cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and yes. I have cut way back on the coffee: I fill my travel mug with coffee in the morning before work and then usually brew up some green tea in the afternoons.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I really love the idea of this. I know I'll catch some flack for not eating meat, but on everything else I think the Primal way has a lot of virtues. I'm not here to convert anyone or to be converted. I've gone through my own personal weight loss struggle which is currently still going on, so I joined this website for inspiration, ideas, and a community where I can share and learn.

Favorite exercise: Anything outdoors. I love cycling.

Favorite Primal food: Probably nuts. Or avocado. Or eggs.

Best part about being Primal: I'll let you know!

Worst part about being Primal: See above!

joe

rangiebob is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Grand Junction, CO

Age (If you want): 70

How Primal are you: about 90%

Do you consume dairy: plain sheep yogurt; never cow or goat dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally drink organic green decaf

Motivator for switching to Primal: When I read "Eat Right for Your Blood Type" 20 years ago and discovered that much of what I was eating was causing my eczema and stomach pains.

Favorite exercise: Yoga, walking, balance exercise, dancing on my trampoline

Favorite Primal food: wild salmon

Best part about being Primal: I feel better!

Worst part about being Primal: There is nothing I used to eat that would make me go back to the way I used to feel.

CROMAGNON74 is offline Junior Member
    Hello Primal Tribe members,

Your location: EL SALVADOR

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: 80-90%

Do you consume dairy: cream, butter and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Started as a weight loss experiment last June and after losing 30 pounds and feeling great, had to stick with eat, couldn't go back.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Charcoal grilled Ribeye steak rare with garlic and butter stir fried vegetables(cauliflower, carrots, green/red bell peppers, squash...)

Best part about being Primal: The way i feel physically and emotionally

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes i miss desserts

Silverbirch is offline Junior Member
    Your location: France, Europe

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: pretty much there I think - no grains at all, no legumes, no sugar

Do you consume dairy: I still eat cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, 2 cups of real coffee and day with coconut milk, 2 cups of black tea a day. Sometimes green tea too.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was feeling sluggish, fat, unwell, tired and old! oh and grumpy! thus not the Mother I wanted to be for my children

Favorite exercise: Walking and Zumba

Favorite Primal food: homemade burgers with avocado salsa. I also really really like coconut products

Best part about being Primal: weight loss and regaining my self confidence; much less of a sweet tooth; plus I don't seem to need so much sleep and am more available to join in with my children. I have high hopes for future wellness too!
    Worst part about being Primal: I miss hot buttered toast! the smell is so intoxicating and my children still eat it most days! Meal times are now so much more time consuming because I am often making entirely different meals for my husband and myself and then the 4 children who are viewing everything we eat with much suspicion! I try to bring all meals together at the same time so that we can eat together around the table as a family, but that in itself is tricky and I feel like I am running a restaurant.

I have been primal for 3 months now

Prima[L] Facie is offline Junior Member
    Hello All! This is my first post on the forum, and am glad to be here! Below is the standard 'about me' post.

Your location: Kansas

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Roughly 90%.

Do you consume dairy: No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I am a recovering caffeine junky...i guess that's what law-school and working graveyard shift for 2.5 years will do to ya..but am no longer drinking coffee (never been a tea drinker). Will probably add a cup in the mornings when the frigid winter temperatures arrive, but that wont be me depending on it, like i used to.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health

Favorite exercise: Sprinting

Favorite Primal food: I'm a huge STEAK guy!

Best part about being Primal: I feel good. No bloating. No longer a need for my daily 3-4 Tums. My Skin is improving...oh, and there's the weight-loss, that's pretty good too.

Worst part about being Primal: no more doughnuts. But my sweets cravings are diminishing daily.

Amiar is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, just signed up to the forum and noticed this.

Your location:
    London/Portsmouth, UK
    Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you:
    Fully
    Do you consume dairy:
    No
    Do you drink coffee or tea:
    No
    Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Health benefits
    Favorite exercise:
    Climbing - anything!
    Favorite Primal food:
    chicken/bacon and avocado/beetroot salad
    Best part about being Primal:
    Results my body and mind reap
    Worst part about being Primal:
    Lack of friends that have the same beliefs

mmmpork is offline Member
    Your location:
    Seattle, WA USA

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Err.. not sure what this means? Right now I'm following the weight loss methodology Mark outlined regarding carb consumption, so I'm targeting no more than 75g of carbs per day. This means very little fruit and heavy emphasis on veggies, fats, proteins. I also follow WAPF (Weston A Price Foundation) Principles, so I consume raw dairy and my only supplement is 5 ml/1 tsp of fermented cod liver oil per day (10,000 IU vit A, 2,000 IU vit D).

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, it is my main source of calcium. I was drinking a quart of raw dairy a day and have cut that in half during this weight loss period. There is some question of how carbs are processed by the body when consumed in raw milk, I'm using numbers for whole pasteurized homogenized milk on fitday but I have a feeling they aren't really accurate. Besides raw milk I consume butter, ghee, cheese, and plain greek yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Coffee -- only as an energy booster when I really need it, and then only the freshest highest quality stuff.
    Tea -- Peppermint tea in the morning, Earl Grey black tea in the afternoon if I'm feeling really groggy and can't take a nap. I drink a lot of Green tea in the afternoons for the energy boost and health benefits. I recently got some Japanese Matcha powder from nutsonline.com and omg that stuff is awesome!

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Weight loss. I lost 50 pounds just from going off "white" foods and I've been stuck at 180 pounds for the past year. I exercise, eat "healthy" and the weight isn't budging. Recent medical research backs up the efficacy of low-carb diets, so here I am. I'm 5'6.5" and my target weight is 130. I flirted with the Primal stuff this summer but wasn't tracking my carb consumption. I recently got on fitday.com and realized I was eating too much fruit! I was staying between 100-150 but upon further reading learned that I needed to be at 75 to be in ketosis to really lose weight. I just started limiting fruit last week so I'm hoping to see some good results.

Favorite exercise:
    Swimming is probably my favorite exercise. I just took a surfing lesson when I was in Hawaii and I'm also getting totally hooked on Kayaking. I've been swimming laps to improve my upper body strength.

Second to that would be biking. I've been biking to work alternating days while I get comfortable with it.

Finally running is wonderful but since I switched to barefoot running I've had some pain in my left foot. I had it xrayed and there's no fractures, however my Dr. thinks it may just be because I'm 50 pounds overweight, so it's too much weight on my foot.

Favorite Primal food:
    Coconut cream and coconut oil. I buy quart sized UHT packs of the stuff and go through one a week easy. Also I recently read Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Mark K. Enig and Sally Fallon, both promoting the health benefits of coconut oil. Did you know it takes our bodies more calories to process coconut oil than are actually in the coconut oil itself? On top of that you get the satiation of a saturated fat and a lot of other great health benefits. I've been using coconut oil almost exclusively. I alternate with Red Palm Oil and butter depending on what I'm making.

Best part about being Primal:
    Not feeling hungry all the time or dependent on a food schedule. Something I've always suffered with is just a constant feeling of hunger. I'm usually starving in the mornings so I eat breakfast and snack on Primal friendly foods (nuts, hard boiled egg, cheese, olives). By the time I've eaten lunch I'm pretty much not hungry all afternoon and just want something small for dinner.

I love being barefoot and wearing barefoot shoes!!

Worst part about being Primal:
    Lettuce wrapped burgers are MESSY. I get sick of salads when I have to eat out. Although, most places will happily substitute steamed veggies or a salad in place of the carbs on entrees. I just wish more restaurants offered cauliflower rice, mashed cauliflower, or zucchini pasta as alternatives Tortillas are NOT "low carb".

People staring at my feet all the time asking if my 5fingers are comfortable -- to which I usually say "no they are horrible that's why I'm wearing them" I mean really. They aren't so uncommon around Seattle though, I usually see 2-3 people wearing them on my way to work and a few other folks in my office wear them.