Page 253 of 626 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 6256

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 253

ErikM is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Thornton, CO

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: just starting out, so maybe 50-60% maybe more...i've cut out a lot of sugary foods...never hugely into pasta, though i had my fair share...it's the oats/grains part that is going to be the hardest...but, already dropped the serving of oats i was putting in my morning shake/smoothie/thingy and that was my biggest input of oats/grains...occasional bread here and there with breakfast/dinner

Do you consume dairy: cottage cheese and other cheeses...don't drink cow's milk...i do drink silk unsweetened almond milk...does that count?

Do you drink coffee or tea: yerba mate, 2sc a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: lose fat...been stuck at 210# for over a year...tried high carbs, med prot, low fat...tried high prot, med carb, low fat...been doing higer prot/low carb/low fat and seemed to do well...that, or the liquid diet i was on for 2 weeks with the recent bout of diverticulitis...anyhow, since last week when i re-found MDA i've been on high fat/low prot/low carbs where low = 125g for both prot/cabs @ 2000 cal/day goals...scale read 199.9 this morning, so progress is finally being made via the low carb

Favorite exercise: not really sure i have a favorite exercise, per se`...back to swimming/cycling/yoga weekly at the rec center and that's about it for now...working on incorporating the PB fitness but being lazy is a tough nut to crack

Favorite Primal food: meat, esp bacon

Best part about being Primal: being "allowed" to eat the fatty foods that i haven't been able to eat, at least so i thought

Worst part about being Primal: not a huge fruit/veggie kind-of-guy...working on that though...made the shepard's pie with cauliflower puree` this weekend for lunch for the work week...first time ever eating cauliflower anything...apparently, it's not going to kill me afterall

thanks for reading

E--

Trixie is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Hey I'm Trixie

Your location: Arkansas

Age (If you want): (if you can't tell by looking, it shouldn't matter)

How Primal are you: Have done something similar in the past, but don't always stick with it. I do BFL and eat clean mostly

Do you consume dairy: yogurt, cottage cheese, sometimes cream in coffee and some butter milk and butter for sure

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I love challenges, and I wanna see where this take sme

Favorite exercise: yoga or running

Favorite Primal food: spinach

Best part about being Primal:by having limited choices, its usually easier to plan.

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes I miss cake frosting

Too Far from Home is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Jalalabad, Afgahnistan

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Not really sure. I started about two weeks ago and eat in a military dining facility and don't have access to grass fed beef or organic food. I eat as clean as possible without wheat, beans, and sugar. I am restricting my fruit intake for now and haven't cheated yet and have no real desire to.

Do you consume dairy: I stopped dairy a couple of days ago and will stick with that, other than a bowl of cottage cheese and some fruit as a dessert every couple of weeks.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drank decaf coffee until I stopped the dairy and just stopped the tea because I want to be caffeine free again. I will probably drink the occasional hot tea if I run across some decaf.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight and get in better shape. I was 240 about 10 years ago and lost a lot of weight on Adkins, and it crept back on during the maintenance stage. I am a contractor who has been overseas for a few years and was in excellent condition through heavy exercising and calorie restriction (probably impossible have a low carb diet and my previous location in Iraq) and lost all of my gains after I injured myself several times working out and then losing my motivation after. I feel this way of life will be something that is much more suited to me, and I won't hit the slippery slope of adding grains during the maintenance phase. The fitness part really appeals to me and I think it will help me keep from overworking and injuring myself again.

Favorite exercise: Sprints

Favorite Primal food: Steak...but it is hard to get good steaks here.

Best part about being Primal: Just feeling good overall.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm not at home where I can buy my own food so I must rely on the US Army contractors to cook my food. I am lucky and have a REALLY good facility at my location, but I cannot control the quality of the food or the oils they cook with.

sofiajp is offline Member
    I've wanted to comment on many threads but as I haven't done this yet, I thought I better just do it. I'm a Canadian living in Japan. I've been here for more than 13 years. I've been primal since June and I've lost 15 pounds so far. Here is the rest of the info:

Your location: Japan

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: about 80%

Do you consume dairy: butter regularly,cheese-sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 coffee per day and lots of green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss and to feel better

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: yakiniku (beef you grill yourself at a table-maybe it is called Korean BBQ in North America?)

Best part about being Primal: feeling good in general and not feeling bad after eating

Worst part about being Primal: quite difficult to eat out here in Japan (unless eating yakiniku, sushi or sashimi)

RandyKnapp is offline Junior Member
    Hey all. My name's Randy and I'm a (very sedentary) video game programmer. Recently I felt like crap about my body and how I felt, so I started P90X. I'm just about done, and I'm a lot stronger, but no weight loss and very minimal body image difference. I discovered The Primal Blueprint about a week ago, and I am SO SO excited to be doing it. I eat so good all day (I just had pesto salmon, spinach and tomato salad and cashews for dinner!) and I've already lost a few pounds! Thanks for welcoming into this community and I'm looking forward to Grokking on with all of you!

Your location: Lynnwood, WA
    Age/Gender: 24, male
    How Primal are you: No grains, no sugars, no legumes. I love cheese though, so I have that sometimes. All in for the exercise lifestyle as soon as I'm done with P90X
    Do you consume dairy: Yes, some cheese and occasionally full-fat plain yogurt
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Not really. I gave up the Starbucks for the Primal Lifestyle
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, health improvement, body image improvement
    Favorite exercise: Pushups (plyo, burpees, plange, etc. - All the fun ones!)
    Favorite Primal food: STEAK! (10oz. Ribeye with the trimmings with a little salt and pepper pan-fried in butter!)
    Best part about being Primal: I'm only about a week in, so we'll have to see
    Worst part about being Primal: Arguing with my friends about saturated fat

Penfold_67 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Glasgow, Scotland

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: I started the diet with my husband 5 weeks ago now. We've both seen weight loss but he's getting to the 'when are we done with this' stage. I want this to last for ever! He does most of the cooking as he's at home so I'd say we're 90/10 as he adds in the odd non-primal item. I want to be 100% but I just need to be tactful as he is a great cook (ex-chef). I have not missed bread, cakes etc at all....in fact every time I realise I can watch other people eating wheat products and I don't have any urge to follow, it makes me feel sooo good!

Do you consume dairy: Milk in my tea (it's just not British without). But haven't touched an ounce of cheese at all (and I used to eat a lot).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Would like to stick to just mint and camomile, but I'm still enjoying decaff breakfast tea with milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mostly to lose weight but also to find a way of eating that would take me to my natural weight and allow me to maintain it for the rest of my days.

Favorite exercise: Walking. I walk for miles, sometimes alone, but mostly with family members which makes it more of a social event than exercise. Also love Pilates.

Favorite Primal food: I made a Banana loaf with coconut flour that was really lovely....didn't last long in the house though; must be time for another.

Best part about being Primal: How I feel as though I'm always on an even-keel, less mood-swings, energy-swings, and less PMS. Oh and a nice flat stomach!!

Worst part about being Primal: Glasgow, Scotland is not the healthiest place in the world, so finding convenient primal food is a bit tough. I just have to be more prepared.

Really loving the site and forums so far!

RMace623 is offline Junior Member
    OK, here goes although this was posted so long ago but I'm new. . .

The Questions:

Your location: Chicago suburbs

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Partially there

Do you consume dairy: I am doing goat's milk products. I can't do others.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, yes. Coffee on cold days but only decaf.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My doctor mentioned it as a way to get my inflammatory diseases under control. I have tried the Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin with no success. In the meantime I've been getting Mark's email blasts and reading up on his program. I want to be healthy again!

Favorite exercise: Walking, biking, hiking--less fun in the gym in the winter though!

Favorite Primal food: Lamb and salmon

Best part about being Primal: So far, what I am doing. . . I love eating good food. It's a bit more costly and taking a lot of time to cook three meals a day for three of us. But it's great to eat real food!

Worst part about being Primal: I have a J-Pouch as a result of ulcerative colitis and cannot tolerate fruits and veggies as well as i would like.

tarn is offline Junior Member
    Hi, newbie here too, though I have been stalking the website for some time, I thought it was high time I said hi.

Your location: small town nz

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Mostly, but still learning the ropes

Do you consume dairy: I do, yoghurt, cheese and butter and the odd milk and cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea and coffee occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: Crappy health and the fact it makes complete sense to me. I have battled with acid reflux, hormone problems, psoriasis and fatigue recently and want to take responsibility for that, not be masking it with drugs.

Favorite exercise: Walking and tramping(hiking)

Favorite Primal food: lucky to have access to great produce in NZ, love venison the best

Best part about being Primal: Only fairly early days, but love the new energy I have and that my health problems are getting sorted out
    Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet

aw269 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: West Sussex, UK

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Have dabbled before to limited success and now embarking on a 12 week challenge.

Do you consume dairy: not for the challenge but plan to incorporate it back in after reaching a body fat percentage I want.

Do you drink coffee or tea: addicted to coffee, which was worrying, so switched to decaff. Interestingly having drunk decaff for a few months I now find that caffeine has a huge affect on me, jitters and sweaty hands, when before I could handle it with little side-effect.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm not overweight per se, but never have been happy with either my diet or my appearance. After reading the book, and researching the science, it made a lot of sense and being able to shift those last few pounds, achieve a 10% body fat ratio (hopefully ), and enjoy a lifestyle that is more than just a fad diet.

Favorite exercise: Free weights and my cycling machine.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and scrambled eggs! Pure breakfast joy!

Best part about being Primal: In previous experience, not feeling so heavy after a meal.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to be primal at a UK campus with a heavy drinking culture where all your gains are negated by drinking much too much.

Snezhinka is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I'm Milla. I've been here for a while, but just got onto the forum. :-)

Your location: London, UK.

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: Let's say 90 %, to allow for the occasional hidden ingredient in eating-out food, otherwise I don't really do treats. Sugar and grains lost all appeal for me.

Do you consume dairy: Fermented, raw, & full-fat, preferably from goats or sheep, artisan cheeses.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Coffee & cream in the AM, plenty of green & herbal tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: maintain shape & health without deprivation & constant hunger. I'm a model, so I need to be in good shape.

Favorite exercise: Boxing

Favorite Primal food: Lamb Rack

Best part about being Primal: You're totally in control

Worst part about being Primal: unsupportive people who think I'm nuts.