Page 251 of 617 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 6163

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 251

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Seattle, WA home, Fairbanks, AK work.

How Primal are you: Eating: 98%+ (why bother if I'm not going all out?) since I started in early September 2011. Working on the rest of it, especially sleep.

Do you consume dairy: a little whole milk and occasional good cheese (DH is French after all)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. I live in Seattle, itís required. I bought an espresso machine after getting a big bonus at work in January. I'd hate for it to go unused. I switched from a skinny mocha to a whole milk cappucino.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Epic ski trip booked for February 2012, must be in shape (or at least much further along than I am now), which includes weight loss and increase in fitness and endurance. Lost and regained 65 lbs with CW, so clearly that didn't work.

Favorite exercise: Anything with a kettle bell

Favorite Primal food: All of it.

Best part about being Primal: Holy cow, the energy. The effect was almost immediate with me.

Worst part about being Primal: Helping my husband understand that "no, I donít want to eat the ___" he cooked after marinating it in sugar, soy sauce, and other non-primal foods. It hurts his feelings every time since he cooks to try to take care of me. (Clearly the answer is to turn him too, working on it.)

So, back when I lost 65 lbs, I went from 230+ lbs to 165 lbs on my 5í6Ē frame in 7 months using CW nutrition, obsessively monitoring calories, doing tons of cardio, and a full body weights workout 3 times/week. I monitored calories in by weighing and measuring everything, and calories out with a bodybugg (BODYBUGG :: WELCOME) . It allowed me to always eat fewer calories than I burned. I gained the weight back by taking on a work assignment that has kept me away from home 90% of the time for 2.5 years, which is never good for maintaining new habits. Since June of this year, I lost a little weight (5 lbs or so) trying to repeat my previous success. I stumbled across PB online somewhere, and it made a lot of sense. I still have a bodybugg subscription, so Iím keeping moderately careful track of my calories both in and out, but eating PB style, and trying to reframe my exercise program to match. I figure if I can get good and started while living in a hotel room, there is NO excuse for not following up when I get to be home full time.

Location: Kansas City, MO (just a stone's throw away actually :P)

How Primal are you: I'd say 70-80%. I'm a former vegetarian with a myriad of health issues, so I'm taking it slow for now. Heading for 100% though.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I love cheese...especially fresh mozzarella.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My health was declining and 5 years of vegetarianism had almost killed me. I recently started taking care of my two VERY ACTIVE nephews 5 days/nights a week while their mom works crazy hours. I couldn't keep up with them and then I was like "Time to go primal!!!" I'd had enough of getting winded just running across the backyard with the 18mo old. So I did it. I started eating meat, dropped grains like a bad habit and started playing more. Not looking back.

Favorite exercise: Toddler lifts. Bonus: My nephew loves it when his auntie finds new and creative ways to pick up an asymmetrical load aka Ty-boo, lol.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. Crispy, crispy bacon. And free range farm fresh eggs. Yum!

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling like crap everyday. Having energy. Mental clarity. Better sleep.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain the "primal thing" to all of my family and having to argue with old friends about my decision to give up vegetarianism. Also had a few disagreements with friends and family about matters of faith. Evolution vs. creation, etc since I'm a Christian and some of my friends don't think that the two can co-exist. I just do what's right for me. *shrug*

S Pearson is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I'm finally taking the plunge into the Primal lifestyle, after lurking for six months or so. I've been "in shape" my whole life (6-minute miles, 1:28 half-marathon) but I've never been able to budge my baby fat. At the moment I'm doing a lot of running, and I'm considering trying Aikido, if I can afford it, or boxing. I love boxing.

I'll (luckily?) be going TRULY primal in a year or so, when I'm moving to the rainforest in Ecuador to live with the Waorani tribe. My cousin lives and works with them, and I get the impression that you eat a whole lot of monkey and manioc (and wild pig). You literally eat what you can catch, out there. So I guess that's another reason to kick the sweet tooth.

The Questions:

Your location: California

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: At the moment, not at all.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Extremely unflattering picture of me.

Favorite exercise: Boxing, which I sadly cannot do right now (budget reasons). So for now I do running and a bit of swimming.

Favorite Primal food: I'll have to experiment!

Best part about being Primal: I'll get back to you on that.

Worst part about being Primal: No candy! I have a MAJOR sweet tooth that I'm looking to fix.

-SP

Ursa is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK

How Primal are you: Sleep, lifting, wandering, lots of veg, basically no sugar. OTOH, lots of dairy, some grains, no sprinting as yet.

Do you consume dairy: Heck yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No. Coffee. Bleurgh. Tea is OK but...meh.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gain some muscle, live longer, not be wrinkly (no, really. That was a large part of why I gave up sugar)

Favorite exercise: KETTLEBELLS! (Just got my 16kg one. So excited.)

Favorite Primal food: Butter. Also roast veg and roast chicken.

Best part about being Primal: No sugar crashes.

Worst part about being Primal: No matter how much fat or veg or whatever I eat, I'm hungry two hours later. This is most inconvenient.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member

How Primal are you: Depends on the day? 70-80% at the moment- have been up to 90%- I hate sprints . . .

Do you consume dairy: Yes! Although I have come to realize it is in fact optional for life. (Thank you, Whole30- I had no idea)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea- yes. Coffee- trying to stop. Again.

Motivator for switching to Primal: April 2010- 217.5# and my thighs weren't just touching at the tops any more. This lifestyle actually made sense and offered results! Imagine! (I just don't do deprivation- so "dieting" was not an option.)

Favorite exercise: Does "being outside" count?

Favorite Primal food: Raw cream, steak, to-die-for local bacon!

Best part about being Primal: I feel human! I feel alive!

Worst part about being Primal: I feel human! I'm having a much harder time dealing with middle-management! (not that it was ever easy)

MichelleFP is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Houston, TX

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Been off and on low carb/primal for 5 years, but can never seem to stick to it and make it a lifestyle.

Do you consume dairy: Used to. I adore cheese, especially a good cheddar. But decided to take dairy out of my diet for 30 days to see if it's part of the problem. I miss it, mainly because it was my go-to snack.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1-2 glasses of iced black tea a day on average.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to lose body fat, curb my sugar cravings, and feel like I can be more active to keep up with my (extremely active) toddler.

Favorite exercise: squats

Favorite Primal food: cedar grilled Alaska salmon with rosemary and lemon

Best part about being Primal: No more gas, bloating and burping after eating carbs

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling like I'm being deprived of baked desserts forever (bye bye brownies)

Bernernewf is offline Member

How primal: just started 5 days ago, but so far about 98% ( I drink 3 protein shakes usually)... Been almost edging this way for over a month, except carbs too high, fat too low, but protein high

Do you consume dairy: switched to So Delicious Coconut Milk...I use it in protein shakes in place of water

Coffee or tea: green tea or iced tea sometimes, lately water only

Motivator for switching: been lifting weights, body comp definitely has changed, but still have about 20-30 lbs of fat to lose. I like that the exercise I have been doing is what is recommended in Primal. Minus the sprints. I also hate cardio, but really enjoy weights.

Favorite exercise: so far squats and dead lifts...I want to excel and use high weight

Favorite primal food: well, just started, but have to say am loving using coconut milk! And making fruit salsa.

Best part: well, after 5 days, down 2 lbs, when scale was not budging at all, even with same daloric intake and protein amount.

Worst part: carb addict husband! I'm trying to get him to follow, he is sort of...and having 3 kids, trying to slowly change them. I guess the cost, and trips to the store, I'm sure this will become easier.

HausMaus is offline Junior Member
    Your location: USA

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Probably not that primal. I like walking around in my room in bare feet and am trying the Whole 30 plan (though I already ate plenty of the non-fried non-breaded as-wholesome-as-possible meat and fruits and -some- veggies; just upped my veg intake by about 200%, heh).

Do you consume dairy: No, trying the Whole 30.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Depends on my mood.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Feeling tired all the time, wanting to just eat healthier / see if I can do this, always trying to attain better body through right foods and exercise, felt sick whenever I attempted to eat chicken nuggets/burger (even a healthier one)/fries etc., wanting to grow out my hair.

Favorite exercise: Depends on my mood. I'm "okay" at running. Been really getting into weights more.

Favorite Primal food: Meat! Especially fish or medium-rare steak.

Best part about being Primal: It's only been 2 days into my Whole 30 plan and I already have more "brain energy."

Worst part about being Primal: You don't realize how grains and dairy are everywhere until you start refusing them.

Tace is offline Junior Member
    Your location: U.S.A.

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 4 oz. worth per day

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2-3 cups of green tea daily, coffee twice a month

Motivator for switching to Primal: I may have ended up on the wrong website. I didn't switch. I am on a quest which does not preclude meat.

Favorite exercise: Bicycling

Favorite Primal food: Salmon

Best part about being Primal: Not avoiding meat

Worst part about being Primal: This assumes a false premise

Jodiemama is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alabama

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Right now about 80%, off grains and cutting back/out added sugar

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Splash of whole milk in the coffee, cheese, butter, sour cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to lose weight and be the healthiest me I can be. Give nourishing food to my children.

Favorite exercise: Walking, playing in a swimming pool

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: The increased energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Hearing the kids whine for crackers. Having friends and family think you are nuts. They already think that anyway so whats one more "nutty" thing. The proof is in the pudding.