Page 248 of 601 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 6008

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 248

JoannaBanana is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Wiltshire, Uk

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Today is my 7th day, nothing processed, no dairy and no wheat or grains.

Do you consume dairy: I have decided to go as much non-dairy as possible. I've replaced milk with coconut milk.....not the sort we use in cooking, but the dairy replacement kind found next to the soya milk in the food aisle!

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink both, although not in great quantities; 3-4 cups a day, mainly decaf.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Absolute desire to eat more naturally and to eliminate foods which are no good for me. Lose some weight.

Favorite exercise: I have run for years, mainly off road and close to nature. I have a dog...he loves it too! I've recently been throwing some kettlebells around with the assistance of a trainer.....and I love it!

Favorite Primal food: Enjoying all the food, especially vegetables with goats butter.

Best part about being Primal: I am not thinking about food all the time....opening the fridge 20 times a day wondering what I can eat next. Not binging on horrible kids biscuits. Feeling strong and resolved, sleeping well and not going to bed thinking "I'll start again tomorrow" and feeling really cheesed off with myself for failing. Looking well.....have received several comments on my skin!

Worst part about being Primal: Feeding a family of four and not everyone wants to eat as I do....although they do very closely by default! I'm going to Stockholm this weekend with my girlfriends and I don't want to feel to bogged down by the detail of it, or to make others feel awkward because I will not want a sandwich for lunch.

PrairieGirl70 is offline Junior Member
    *waves* I'm in Central Illinois too! Small world!

spskins is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Memphis, TN USA

Age (If you want):44

How Primal are you: Primal

Do you consume dairy: a little, mostly in the form of goat and other cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: strong espresso with almond milk and lots of decaf green/mint tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight and I like the change of lifestyle-not a diet

Favorite exercise: Cycling, skateboarding, swimming

Favorite Primal food: Can't name one

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great!

Worst part about being Primal: No down side yet...

Wild-Thing is offline Junior Member
    I have been doing this since Memorial day 2011. I am learning and get better at this each day. This is day two of my first 30 day challenge.

The Questions:

Your location: Northwest Indiana

Age (If you want):56..I thought it was old..but it is Marks age...so now I have no excuse

How Primal are you: I started Memorial day and I move towards total daily..what ever that means. I won't eat anything that has more than one ingredient....ie: processed... Grass fed cow in freezer, organic produce in fridge, I got two dozen eggs delivered today from a friend who does not eat eggs but has 6 chickens for pets. I keep researching. I keep feeling better and that motivates me. No sugar..NONE, No grain. Only fruit is a couple times a week...berries or whats in season.

Do you consume dairy: just cream in my coffee...about 4 T a day

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee 2 cups..trying to wean off...

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was sick, had daily headaches, had an auto immune disease, high blood pressure, allergies, asthma, pain. I needed to lose 50# of fat around my stomach and back.

Favorite exercise: leg presses and calf raises...and fun stuff like paddle boarding..(amazing!) and hiking. I have a couple kayaks and two canoes too. I Love to be out side.

Favorite Primal food: very rare steak

Best part about being Primal: Not thinking about food... and 22 pounds effortless weight loss, Off all of my medications, No headaches, No pain, Auto immune symptoms are GONE! No Asthma...lost 5 inches around my stomach so far...whats not to like?

Worst part about being Primal: hmmmmm..I don't know... My whole family has gone primal. 4 of my friends just caved and are two weeks into it now. One began 6 weeks ago and is 20 pounds down. They must see something in the changes and how good I feel. Like I said..What's not to like? I will give up cake any day for this feeling of well being and health.

Casper is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=timconradinc;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:Hampton , NB

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:Working on it

Do you consume dairy:yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: loose weight and feel better

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: feeling better, not so many lows

Worst part about being Primal: I miss sugar, chocolate chip cookies

Here is my intro post http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37756.html

love_and_bacon is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Lake County, IL

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: I just started a week ago. So far about 95% I'd say.

Do you consume dairy: Not in the past week; I may add in some cream, butter and cheese eventually.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea, may try some coffee eventually (I used to have an occasional cup, but needed tons of sugar).

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted to become more healthy and fit. I have some fat I would like to get rid of, and would get out of breath easily while exercising.

Favorite exercise: roller skating.

Favorite Primal food: coconut butter.

Best part about being Primal: I've had pretty consistant energy, no slumps in the afternoon like I used to. I'm not constantly bloated either.

Worst part about being Primal: Even in one week, I've had to justify my decision to skip on snacking at work a few times. It pisses me off, it's nobody's business why I don't want to eat the ice cream/candy/chips/etc!
    ~ Everybody needs some love... and a little more bacon. ~

acoronel is offline Member
    Your location: Uruguay (that's South America,'tween the ocean, Brazil and Argentina)

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: I eat no cereals, no sugar, very little fruit. I eat nuts and chocolate, tasty animals and vegetables. I drink spirits & wine.

Do you consume dairy: moderately, except for cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, no sugar - thanks.

Motivator for switching to Primal: LGN

Favorite exercise: barefoot sprinting (at the beach only)

Favorite Primal food: roasted cow parts (I like most of them... not the head though)

Best part about being Primal: LGN!

Worst part about being Primal: being "lonely" at the table, when everyone is sharing pasta or pizza.

Mighty Pablo is offline Junior Member

Colorado!

Your location: Denver, Colorado

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: I'd say... 90-95%. I also wear vibram 5 fingers almost every day. Do I get bonus points for that?

Do you consume dairy: Some butter on occasion and my weekly chai latte... mmm chai...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, there is a spectacular tea house near me!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, lower blood pressure, look good naked, etc...

Favorite exercise: Walking/Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Carne Asada

Best part about being Primal: It freakin' works!

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining why I don't eat grains to my father-in-law the farmer.
    Paul

Started June 1, 2011 at 225lbs. 29%bf and BP of 143/93
    Today - (sept. 13, 2011) 198lbs. 21%bf and BP of 125/73
    Goal - 185-190lbs and 12%bf. BP goal? Nailed it!

Peace, Love, and Primal!

charitydas is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I've been semi primal for a while and am doing the 30 day challenge to see what happens.

Your location: central california coast

Age (If you want): 60!! yay!!

How Primal are you: ?

Do you consume dairy: occasional raw cream with my morning beverage

Do you drink coffee or tea: herb tea, occasional mate or green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel better when I do, hoping to start losing weight after a long slow gain.

Favorite exercise:walking, swimming

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: meat, fat

Worst part about being Primal:, miss tortillas and cheese ( can't eat cheese anyway - lactose intolerant

jasmina is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Your location: Bay Area, California

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Quite? I eat fish, lots of vegetables, nuts, and eggs. Don't eat land mammal meat by personal preference (ahh! don't attack me!). Reward myself to 3 "treats" a week.

Do you consume dairy: I recently became very lactose intolerant. As far as I know, I can still eat cheese (but not cream cheese) and yoghurt. And cream in my coffee occasionally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes! I looove Philz Coffee (with cream only)!! I also drink green tea, chai tea (made with almond milk, no sugar), and Thai ice tea (with coconut milk, no sugar).

Motivator for switching to Primal: On one of Mark's posts he states, "Now, if you are flexing and you can still grab abdominal fat in your hand, that’s exactly how much is surrounding your precious internal organs – and that’s a dangerous thing." I want to be able to not grab any fat.

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts! (But no gym membership yet since graduating. ) Also, dragon boat paddling. I want to try paddle boarding and rock climbing!

Favorite Primal food: SASHIMI. F YEAH!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better about myself overall - not just physically. I really like this holistic approach.

Worst part about being Primal: Paying extra to get something unprimal substituted for mixed greens. Seriously, wtf is up with that?