Page 246 of 629 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 6285

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 246

April is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

How Primal: I'm in my third week of no grains, legumes, dairy, or added sugar. I work on my feet frequently, and plan to start a Primal Fitness program tomorrow.

I drink coffee daily and tea occasionally. I may limit coffee in the future, but I didn't want to do it at the same time that I cut out my primary source of carbs.

I'm dairy free for now and at the end of a six week phase plan to reintroduce butter and see how I feel. I really miss dairy.

Motivator for switching to Primal: low energy, digestive difficulty, acne

Favorite exercise: roller blading

Favorite paleo food: Tough to say! I'm still experimenting and eating much more meat now than I have in general for the past ten years. I just made a delicious paleo butternut squash soup. I love coconut foods and fear getting burned out on them.

Best part about being primal: Clear skin and a flatter stomach

Worst part about being primal: All the dishes I have to wash daily!

MamaNene is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Birmingham, Al

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: On Sept 2, I went totally grain free, dairy free and legume free, no sugar (unless it's naturally coming from a fruit).

Do you consume dairy: For at least 30 days I'm cutting it out, I'll have goat cheese for time to time

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes! And I use stevia

Motivator for switching to Primal: I had recently lost 50 pounds so I've been working hard for a year! But I was still achy and had headaches and low energy (even though I was working out 3x a week) so I knew the diet needed to change. Weight Watchers wasn't doing it for me anymore

Favorite exercise: I love my gym! Favorite thing I do there that makes me feel strong is pull and push big ole tractor tires around

Favorite Primal food: bacon of course! But honestly I LOVE to cook so I'm having fun experimenting for sure.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good, have already lost several pounds and I get to eat yummy food!

Worst part about being Primal: chips and easy to grab and munch things would be nice to pop in my mouth every now and then but I am trying to deal with it! The payoff is worth it right?!

danaa is offline Junior Member

Danaa

Dana

Your location: Sydney, Australia

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Diet-wise: 95% (I'm in my first 2 weeks so that's bound to drop). Other stuff - getting better, but have to work on it.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, small amount of cheese in my salad at lunch, full cream milk in coffee and yoghurt in smoothies occasionally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, decaf coffee, no sugar or sweetener. Herbal, black and green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Improve my overall health.

Favorite exercise: Walking my dog, but getting to really like lifting weights.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs - no longer a weekend breakfast "treat".

Best part about being Primal: Never feeling hungry, being able to concentrate better at work.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying explain to other people about Primal eating, then having them ignore everything you said and offer you cake for dessert before getting very offended if you don't want to even have "just a little bit". I hate that it is easier for others to respect dietary intolerances (e.g. coeliac disease) but can't understand someone making the choice not to eat grains.

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    Your location: North Carolina

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Just starting out. Have been 80% Primal for about 6 weeks now at my dietician's recommendation. Now after reading Mark's book this weekend going 100% Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Only cheese and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: No, but I'm going to have to give up my diet Coke/Pepsi addiction

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have Celiac disease, hypertension, osteoarthritis of the knees, borderline diabetic and I need to lose 140 pounds to be at an ideal weight. I am going to be 50 in 2 years with a 5 year old son so I want to be healthy to be able to play with him.

Favorite exercise: Walking, swimming and playing with my son

Favorite Primal food: All of them!

Best part about being Primal: Getting to eat the foods I like while containing my Celiac disease and getting healthy.

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss a good pizza, but with Celiac I shouldn't eat it anyway.

redbirds is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Virginia Beach, VA

How Primal are you: I'd say around 95%. Been primal for 2 weeks now and have lost 13 pounds.

Do you consume dairy: Lots of butter, sharp cheddar cheese in moderation, and milk only with whey protein powder.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea tea tea! I add a little Stevia to sweeten it up, but I'm slowly working my way toward drinking it unsweet.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My WEIGHT. I have been overweight most of my life. Before I decided two weeks ago to make the switch to a primal lifestyle, I weighed in at 283 pounds. I'm only 5'8", so needless to say, I am hideously obese. I am tired of wasting the best years of my life trapped in a body in which the simple act of just functioning is a struggle. I've tried every other diet in the book and the only one that ever worked for me was NutriSystem, but it was outrageously expensive and as soon as I came off the diet, the pounds immediately started coming back. I want to LIVE. I want to be able to walk into a normal clothing store (NOT Cato Plus or Lane Bryant) and buy anything I want. I want to be able to shop at Victoria's Secret! Furthermore, it's been a career dream of mine to enlist in the military, but my weight has always been a huge obstacle between me and the recruiter's office. The sooner I can get my health in order and get rid of this weight, the sooner I can quit working for peanuts at menial jobs and get my career -- and my life -- off the ground.

Favorite exercise: I've always enjoyed weight lifting. I hate the confines of a gym, but a good weight workout always makes me feel so energized and alive.

Favorite Primal food: Definitely salmon, bacon, and strawberries.

Best part about being Primal: I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I feel like there are no real restrictions. Sure, I can't have grains, breads, or a lot of carbs, but I don't want any of that junk. I feel like I'm eating like a pig all the time and yet I'm losing weight faster than I ever thought possible.

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss some of my old vices from time to time -- pizza, Starbucks frappuccinos, and sweet tea in particular.

TheLoneChinchilla is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Currently at university in Sackville, NB

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: Currently, ~70% Primal. I have gone 100% in the past, but alas, at University it is very difficult to stay strong.

Do you consume dairy: Whey only.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I am a tea maniac, and am coffee obsessed. Interestingly I am not addicted to caffeine, but I live for a perfectly made cup of dark roast coffee from the cafe down the street. The use their beans a week within roasting, grind the night before and only serve organic fair trade.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am looking to be as healthy as I can be for as long as I can. Loosing my last bit of belly is incentive as well.

Favorite exercise: The Burpee/Turkish Get-Up. The Burpee because it so simple and easy to do anywhere. The Turkish Get-Up because I know I've used my entire body in one quick movement.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon Avocado salad. yummm

Best part about being Primal: Satiety. Energy. Confidence in what I eat.

Worst part about being Primal: I still love carbs. Chocolate banana bread pudding gaaaahhh.

poesleeve is offline Member
    Your location: The Open Road. I live full time in a vintage 1966 Airstream with my husband and two hairless cats.

Age (If you want): 39 in November 2011

How Primal are you: 90% I'd say. Just starting out this past August after FINALLY getting a doctor to SUGGEST that we look at food allergies as a cause for my lifelong gastric distress and acne. I eat more fruit that I probably should and I'm working on getting enough protein and veggies. Getting grass fed meat is challenging but not impossible. I do make the best choices possible from what I have available to me wherever I might be and I am a HUGE fan of buying direct from farmers, which is easier to do while living on the road, interestingly. The exercise portion of our program is next on the agenda.

Do you consume dairy: I consume heavy cream, ghee and Irish butter. Any more than a small amount every couple days will make my skin flare up.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea and a very occasional espresso from our vintage Atomic stovetop espresso maker.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gastric distress that landed me in the hospital multiple times in my late teens and early twenties as well as a very unusual and disconcerting weight gain over the last five years that I blame Depo-Provera + grains for. Off the Depo for a couple years now and the weight is slowly normalizing. Lived with a diagnosis of IBS (read: "we don't know quite what's wrong with you" in my case ... ) for years. That AND my asthma have evaporated after a month of eating and living Primal.

Favorite exercise: Hiking and yoga. I genuinely enjoy weight lifting as well.

Favorite Primal food: Rare steaks, Brussels sprouts and a good cut of wild salmon.

Best part about being Primal: I. FEEL. AMAZING. I haven't felt like this and been this mentally clear since I was a child.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out. Especially celebratory meals with friends and family. It's such a crapshoot and I've been VERY sick twice after eating out since I've gone Primal.

Good to be here! Thank you for this wonderful supportive community!

Genetrix is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: still learning

Do you consume dairy: rarely but yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband was injured in Iraq and we have 2 children. I care for all 3...If I am not 100% neither is my family.

Favorite exercise: I <3 the cardio machines!

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal: i <3 my carbs and sweets

ipyphani is offline Junior Member

Red face newbie intro

ipyphani

Your location: 4th generation SoCal native living in OK for financial reasons

Age (If you want): 42 (female)

How Primal are you: just beginning (former vegan)

Do you consume dairy: hard raw cheese or full-fat greek yogurt occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: iced tea (it's helping me get off of Diet Coke)

Motivator for switching to Primal: my health...had pre-cancerous cells removed 2 weeks ago.

Favorite exercise: weight training and the occasional 5K

Favorite Primal food: baby bok choy

Best part about being Primal: simplicity

Worst part about being Primal: meat & eggs...just hate the taste/texture, but I'm determined.

PrairieGirl70 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Illinois

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Went 100% primal last week as a "test drive". Felt fantastic...until today. Feeling horribly nauseated and foggy. Hoping it passes soon because I was loving the food and how I was feeling!

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: gave it up easily last week

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight and health problems. I had my fourth son last year at the age of 40 (and what a shock that was!) My body has been extremely slow to recover. I'd like my health and my figure back!

Favorite exercise: Dancing, yoga

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal: The food!

Worst part about being Primal: This darned carb flu!