Cbfl61 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    The Questions:

Your location: Northwest Florida

Age (If you want):49

How Primal are you: Working on it

Do you consume dairy: for coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: just finished HHCG with is a homeopathic form of HCG and want to find something that is real. Like a way of life for me to lose/maintain a workable weight. When I started HHCG I weighed 148 and today I weigh 130 today. I'm waiting for my 21 day book to arrive because I'm kind of lost and you can only be on the computer so long...

Favorite exercise: golf right now due to foot injury...14 May broke two metatarsels in my right foot...one fracture still healing so its a work in progress..

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I missed real food after being limited to 500 cals a day on HCG diet for 30+ days...

Worst part about being Primal: my book isn't here to guide me

ok since I am lost I'm hoping for quick advice. I'm female, 5'3, weigh 130. My goal is 125 lbs...went to IHOP this morning ordered a Spinach and Mushroom omelette, had hollandaise sauce and swiss cheese. (I realize I should have not done the cheese). Ordered side of bacon thrown in omelette. and the cals came out to a grand total of 760. Didn't eat lunch. I'm confused with my recent way of eating which was crazy. Their next phase would have been to still eat only 100 gr of protein and add more items to the vegetable list. what should I do for this situation? I did buy a rib eye for dinner...eat that with salad? so far my day comes out to P/52 gr/C/16/Sat F/26 and regular fat/16.

I'm guessing I should pass on all dairy? but then again Mark does dairy...

I've also read about resetting my leptin...

Help for this newbie is appeciated...(very confused) definately want to lose a few more but scared of the scale moving up...

Gweebles is offline Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Port Mansfield Tx

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: As much as I can on a budget, cannot afford grass fed and organic everything

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and yogurt, yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, hate coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am a 345 pound single mom with a family history of heart trouble and diabetes. I see my mother eat her way into bad health and I don't want to have my daughter stuck taking care of me like I have to my mom. I want to be a good influence on her and let her know that eating my way is healthful. That and I don't feel sexy like this, I don't date and haven't for 2 years. When I do go out, I always choose bad relationships because I don't feel like I deserve better, only the thin girls get good guys.

Favorite exercise: Walking, I grab my MP3 and jam out.

Favorite Primal food: Meat, meat, and more meat with homemade mayo!

Best part about being Primal: I can think clearly again! I don't have energy drops. I FORGET TO EAT!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Donut day at work, mom sabotaging me by breading everything. Living in South Texas where everything is rice, beans, and tortilla covered. Getting weird looks at Golden Corral when I just get a plate of meat.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Hi, everyone I'm not really Primal or Paleo (not even close by most standards) but I dig a lot of the philosophy of the overall lifestyle and, as a food and life blogger, I can appreciate all sorts of foods and healthy, stress-minimizing life techniques. I dabble in Primal-friendly cooking/baking now and then and would love to share and learn more.

About me:

Your location: upstate NY (Catskill/Hudson Valley area)

How Primal are you: Officially, not at all, but techically I'm about 60-70 percent Primal by default. Fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, meats and seafood, and dairy make up the majority of my diet anyway. I consume legumes, grains, and sugar unapologetically.

Other than diet, I'm striving to lead a healthier life and agree with many of the Primal Blueprint suggestions and guidelines. I think they make sense regardless of your particular diet.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, although, i have been trying to reduce my intake a bit. Mostly unsuccessfully, lol.

Do you consume coffee or tea: yes, but not regularly.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I haven't! But I am a fan of much of it. I'm happily on the fence, swaying from one field to another. Works for me, but I tweak things as I go along. Life hacking is fun.

Favorite exercise: Walking. I'm a walker, not a runner!

Favorite Primal food: Just one? Impossible. Salmon, Brussels sprouts, and macadamia nuts are high on my list.

Best part of being Primal: Shrug. I wouldn't know. Those Vibrams look bad ass though.

Worst part about being Primal: None for me, but that doesn't count coming from a non-convert. Heh

Fletch666 is offline Senior Member
    Hey All,
    Started off doing Atkins, and this just seemed like a natural (hehe) progression. I've always talked about being a "Good Animal." Now it's time to actually do it.

Your location: Toronto

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: If 100% includes living in a cave, I'm 3%. If we're just talking diet (and some life-style choices) probably about 75%

Do you consume dairy: Yeah. 35% cream in my coffee and cheese with my wine. Might try giving up the cheese for a week, see how it feels. Right now I'm still dropping weight so there doesn't seem to be any pressing need. And I love my cheese. My wife calls me a Cheese Slut.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 coffee every morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My 11 month old daughter.

Favorite exercise: Walking. Just started getting into handstands and push-ups at odd times throughout the day when the mood strikes.

Favorite Primal food: Steak. My butcher is god. All local, grass fed, and dry-aged for 45+ days.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good. Feeling primal.

Worst part about being Primal: Huh? Haven't found a bad bit yet.

Vilica is offline Member
    Your location: Netherlands

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: very much so, eat only meat and vegetables and some dairy

Do you consume dairy: have cream in my one coffee every morning and sometimes I use butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: one coffee, for the rest decaf or tea, am still working on ditching the sweeteners again

Motivator for switching to Primal: health and weightloss

Favorite exercise: walking the dogs

Favorite Primal food: steak and the chicken thighs

Best part about being Primal: feeling fit and decades younger than I am

Worst part about being Primal: eating out with others, I just don't feel like explaining

swer is offline Banned
    EVE ISKWe are back to the store with an updated retail box. The officer will be available 19th October edition of many large retailers EVE ISK(online and otherwise) and elsewhere in the near future. Pre-orders will be taken as we speak,EVE ISK and it is the perfect gift for a new pilot or a collector's treat for those who are considering starting a new account. See the press release

frenchie79 is offline Member
    Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: I'd say 90%... I keep carbs under 100g a day including fruits and the odd rice cracker once in a while

Do you consume dairy: yes, milk in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: one or 2 latte a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband started back in January and lost weight, after reading more about it, we made the whole family primal, cats included

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: I can eat as much as I want

Worst part about being Primal: I find it hard to stay motivated since I don't need to lose weight.
    5'7'' 130 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Caylie is offline Junior Member

Smile Hi there, from another newcomer

Your location: Brisbane Australia

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: newborn today

Do you consume dairy: up until now, yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: my brother-in-law is a personal trainer in cross-fit and suggested my husband and I start looking at paleo, but I was really inspired by Mark's website, and think we will go down the Primal route. I weigh 81kgs, 5'8" which is 15 kgs more than I should be, and my husband is 2 years post brain-tumour (craniopharyngiona) removal of pituitary gland all together), and on loads of life-long meds for endocrine issues, and hypothalmic obesity is an ongoing issue (101kg rather than 80kg). We both used to be triathletes and rowers, but tumours and children have set us back a long way and we want to get back energy and increase life-expectancy, partic. for my husband, who faces all sorts of issues due to endocrine insufficiencies.

Favorite exercise: I go to the gym 3 days a week for general weight loss (walking, rowing, cycling etc). LOVE all racquet sports but never play anymore, and like to cycle and swim.

Favorite Primal food: Coconut milk, seafood and veges will become favourites I think!

Best part about being Primal: The thrill of what is to come...

Worst part about being Primal: I fear the loss of bread (more specifically, vegemite on hot buttered toast and bruscetta, to mention a couple of many) and wonder how easy it will be with two small children under 4 to manage them on this diet.

JohnnyNull is offline Member
    Greetings,

Your location: Connecticut

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Fairly

Do you consume dairy: Hell yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hell yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health / Fertility / Fitness / Body Comp

Favorite exercise: Martial arts / Nookie / Stuff with weights / Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, duh!

Best part about being Primal: Eat more bacon

Worst part about being Primal: No more of my favorite ice cream, and no more ordering pizzas.

paganmom is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Great Lakes, IL but we'll be moving within the next year

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: newly Primal and trying to get the Hubby on board too.

Do you consume dairy: yogurt, occasionally cook with milk, and I love good brie cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee on the mornings I have school, 4:30 is just too early some mornings! I love tea as well.

Motivator for switching to Primal: doing everything the CW way to get healthy and NOTHING worked. Stumbled on Mark's website and it just clicked with me.

Favorite exercise: Walking, riding my bike (it's totally retro), and chasing my kids.

Favorite Primal food: grass fed beef, and anything I get from the farmer's market

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better, finally losing weight

Worst part about being Primal: trying to get the family on board...okay and I miss chocolate cake.