Page 240 of 625 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 6244

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 240

LeslieA is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have always been overweight. Not huge, but always fat. Always on a diet or about to start one. Last summer I got married. I lost weight for the big day. 40 pounds. I looked great, felt great, was in great shape. (Although still overweight - wedding day had me at 150 pounds and I'm not quite 5'3".)

It has been 13.5 months since that day. I'm up 25 pounds. It makes me very sad. I really worked hard to lose that weight. Low carb, low fat diet. Exercised between one and two hours a day.

Lots of things about my lifestyle changed after my wedding day. I moved from a walking city to a driving city. I went from going to school and having loads of free time to working full time. I changed from planning meals only around my likes and diet to eating with a husband who is as picky as a 5 year-old and eats as much in one meal as I should all day. It was easy falling into his lifestyle. I take that back. It was easy falling into the lifestyle I had before I went on my wedding weight-loss plan.

I have started a low carb plan about 25 times since the wedding. Even primal. A friend sent me here in February. I've read (most of) the book. I've devoured the success stories on here. I constantly click the links to commenters' blogs. I read Primal Parent and Left on Amelia daily.

But I get off track.

I give myself excuses.

But I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to feel sad about my weight and turn to the drive-thru to comfort me, and then turn to another drive-thru because I wasn't really comforted by the first one.

Today I read Sarah's success story that was posted last Friday. And I read most of the comments. I want to have a success story.

My overall goal: Conquer my issues with food. Food is not really good company. I need to remember that.

My weight loss goal: Lose 50 pounds or so. I am not exactly sure how much I should lose. I think I will know when I get there. When I was 18 I weighed 142. That's the smallest I can remember. I think 125 will be a good weight for me, but I will just have to reevaluate when I get there. I plan to get there.

My first baby-step goal: Eat 100% primal for 25 days. No dairy. No beans. Limited fruit. I want to really get into this.

I chose 25 days because I am having a little reunion with a couple college friends in 25 days. One has gained weight since college. One has lost weight. I will not pretend that I don't care about what they think. I do want to impress them. Even though they love me no matter what. They have loved me at heavier; they have loved me at lighter. And they saw me 5 pounds ago back in June. They know.

I want to lose a few pounds before seeing them because I want to make sure that I focus on my friends instead of focusing on whether my jeans will give me a muffin top or whether my thighs will rub together so that I can't wear a dress when we go out.

Day 1 starts tomorrow. I do plan to eat a primal meal tonight, though. But since breakfast and lunch were sad, SAD meals, today is not Day 1.

I need some accountability. I need an outlet. I need encouragement.

Please follow my journal.

kimmyv_84 is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys!

Kimmy from Adelaide, South Australia

Age 27

How Primal are you: Pretty primal!

Do you consume dairy: Cheese very occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: one coffee a day is my vice :$ lots of herbal tea with lemon

Motivator for switching to Primal: advice from a naturopath / feeling shit!

Favorite exercise: any sports

Favorite Primal food: avocado

Best part about being Primal: having stacks more energy

Worst part about being Primal: I love cheese!

GrokSEAL is offline Junior Member
    Ok, I'll play.

Name: JJ

Your location: Iraq

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: 99% (Currently i have non-ideal quality food access)

Do you consume dairy: NO

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tons of Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes complete sense.

Favorite exercise: resistance training, sprinting, low level cardio

Favorite Primal food: STEAK

Best part about being Primal: Sleep, body comp, energy, NO BLOATING!!

Worst part about being Primal: I can't get everyone else on board!!!!!

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Your location: DFW

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: I started about eight months ago going low-carb and lost 30 lbs. I started reading up on primal and paleo ways of eating and read GC BC (I read the acronym thread) and it all just sort of clicked. Also, during the last three days I've been incredibly happy and energetic. wth?

Do you consume dairy: Heavy cream in my coffee and full fat fage. For a week now I've laid off the cheese and don't miss it. Although I will probably add it to some meals.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in the morning, but not every morning. And sometimes a smaller portion when I get home from work.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Reading. I've read Gary Taubes, Robb Wolf (in which I didn't like being called "Buttercup" constantly), and just started Primal Blueprint.

Favorite exercise: I used to run but I've been too heavy. Since losing weight, I'm going to get more hiking and barefoot (VFF) running in.

Favorite Primal food: Coconut oil. And gosh, meat. And chicken with the skin on! Grilled outside until the skin is crispy and oh so tasty!

Best part about being Primal: Right now I feel so great! And the food is good!

Worst part about being Primal: I haven't found it yet. While I was low-carb, I did miss grains, but primal is different and I really don't crave starches or sugar.

akarki is offline Junior Member
    Hi,
    i am from Romania, and interested in healthy eating. Sometimes i am preoccupied with weight loosing, for my health's sake. I am 65 trying to be fit.
    i like coffee, black, no sugar.
    favorite food:chicken with leaves.

sires6 is offline Senior Member

Primal Living

Your location: Currently, living in New England... 3 days without power but we were on vacation: Take THAT! Irene!!

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: As primal as I can... 80-90 percent.

Do you consume dairy: raw or cultured on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was already switched to Weston A Price foundation for several years and found MDA and that was it. No more soaking grain and making own bread, no more doing some of the things I had to do in order to keep our family healthy.

Favorite exercise: a nice walk in the woods

Favorite Primal food: Blueberries and a Steak

Best part about being Primal: No more dietary problems, no more worrying about healthy grains in diet.

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss dessert sometimes... I miss the taste I used to love of a good Tiramisu... now, I can't eat them because the sugar just makes me gag... but I miss how much I used to like them.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Cin
    Cin is offline Member
    Hi, everyone!

Your location: Victoria, BC

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I started Aug. 1 and would say I'm about 90 per cent primal. Loving it, already lost 9 lbs of the 30-40 lbs of fat I want to get rid of forever. Had an 80/20 moment today and ate some rice -- not nearly as good as I was expecting, won't do that again!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I am nursing a toddler after two very malnourished pregnancies that affected my calcium levels severely (for more info, see Help HER - Hyperemesis Education Research). I try to keep it to one serving a day, of unsweetened 11% Greek yogurt (OMGoodness, yum!), full fat milk or cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, once a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: First of all, weight. I lost 60 lbs with Weight Watchers 4 years ago and felt awesome, so when I gave birth to my son last year, I went back to WW -- and couldn't seem to lose an ounce, no matter how carefully I counted my points. I always lost weight easily while breastfeeding, but not this time! My husband convinced me to try primal last month.

In the end, my main motivator is to live a long, healthy life and to see my great-grandchildren!

Favorite exercise: Bikram hot yoga, three times a week.

Favorite Primal food: I loooooove coconut. I used to hate it, and now I eat some form of coconut every day. Hooray, yummy!

Best part about being Primal: In 5 weeks I've lost 9 lbs and my clothes are falling off. I no longer am hungry all the time and no longer have to eat every two hours. Lots of energy!

Worst part about being Primal: I really, really miss baking.

Your location:austin, tx

Age (If you want):30

How Primal are you:80%

Do you consume dairy:Plain Greek yogurt, the occasional piece of cheese and whatever dairy I want on my one day a week "strategic feeding" cheat day has a bad connotation

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes, decaf 85% of the time and black

Motivator for switching to Primal: want to get rid of cystic acne, cellulite, and lose some BF

Favorite exercise :I love Bikram yoga, Krav Maga, Spinn, and any functional exercise that works my core!

Favorite Primal food: Ono is an awesome fish, it has 100 calories per 4oz, 21g protein and 1g fat! I also love stir fry veggie mix with crimini mushrooms topped with Braggs Amino Acids!!!

Best part about being Primal: feeling better mentally, seeing the scale drop, realizing how simple eating is.

Worst part about being Primal: PMS'ing and wanting cake and any other carb I can get my hands on! LOL!

Primalina is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sweden

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mainly full fat cream and butter. And artisan cheese, prefer those made from sheep or goats milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Been primal now (and lurking here...) for over 1,5 years. Started to loose weight and hopefully avoid another CIS/ MS episode. Worked well so far!

Favorite exercise: Dancing, hiking and horsebackriding

Favorite Primal food: Meat, eggs and avocado

Best part about being Primal: Simplicity. Allergies and astma vanished!

Worst part about being Primal: The frustration of relatives being unwell and not wanting to give PB a try.

Mary Martini is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Perth, Australia

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I have been about 85% for several months now, easing into it bit by bit (ok I was being a bit wimpy) but am at Day 2 of 100%
    Im still finding my way so Im sticking to pretty simple meals

Do you consume dairy: Before only a little in my coffee and some cottage cheese with breakfast or a few slices with a nice glass of vino. But no more in my coffee, which I am enjoying much more that I expected.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both Mostly Green tea and I have a big mug of coffee in the morning with my eggs

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted to get rid of that foggy brain and I would really like to see my Abs again, I miss them

Favorite exercise: Dead Lifts

Favorite Primal food: Salmon

Best part about being Primal: Knowing what I am eating doesn't just taste fantastic but its adding years to my life, Awesome!

Worst part about being Primal: Not knowing everything for sure and other people reactions to my choice to eat this way