Page 236 of 629 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 6285

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 236

Kikilula is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: 99% as far as I know...

Do you consume dairy: butter and ghee

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: beeing overweight and constantly ill

Favorite exercise: rebounding

Favorite Primal food: lamb chops

Best part about being Primal: feeling good

Worst part about being Primal: eating out is very diffioult

Myree67 is offline Junior Member
    I have finally decided to introduce myself.

My name is Myree and I live in Lacey WA (south puget sound).
    I'm almost 44 yrs old and discovered Atkins in 2000 by 2002 I managed to lose 115 lbs but couldn't get below 225 lbs. Now I'm 5'10.5" so I looked pretty good at that weight because my career was grooming dogs so I hada VERY active job, wrestling dogs of all sizes.

Fast forward to Nov 2004 and I met my husband who can eat anything and stay healthy and very skinny. Stupid me started cheating and eating sugar and junk food again...got back up to 317 lbs and health started rapidly declining...acid reflux, Hypothyroid, chronic constipation, bi polar disorder, insomnia psoriasis, and gallblader removal! 2010 rolled around and I decided to get back on plan because my back and SI joint started being increasingly more painful. I lost80 lbs and then perimenopause kicked in and I stopped losing at 236 lbs even though I was working out. I just had an hysterectomy July 27,2011. I still frequent the Atkins forums which is where I learned about Leptin, Primal and Dr. Kruse. I started the Leptin Reset the Monday before surgery and managed to get out of the hospital the next day.

I weighed myself the day before surgery and then the day after answer had gained 10.5 lbs. I've gotten the ebook Mastering Leptin and have read the sample of Primal Blueprint and Paleo Solution.

I am continuing dairy because I've never had a problem with it.I do know I can't eat wheat when I started cheating off Atkins and ate wheat a rash broke out and mucus in my throat and nose.

I'm really excited about this way of eating! Unfortunately we can't afford grass fed meat yet but I'm also practicing the law of attraction so will be able to afford it in the future.

I know low carb works wonders for me as long as I stay off the junk food!

Captainkirk is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Surrey, British Columbia

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: it has been about a month but I would say 90%

Do you consume dairy: just in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes but finding my need for coffee decreasing.

Motivator for switching to Primal: lose weight and get healthy to keep up with my 4 1/2 year old daughter

Favorite exercise: walking or cycling.

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: not hungry anymore

Worst part about being Primal: good bye pizza

irononmaiden is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Food--very. Lifestyle--working on it.

Do you consume dairy: Only butter and a little cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea as a staple, other decaf tea/coffee as a treat

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm about 80 lbs overweight and feel like I'm aging too fast

Favorite exercise: Cycling in the country, training with freeweights

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Feeling fantastic

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining it to thin high-carbers

Tahitian Moon is offline Junior Member
    Hello Everyone! I'm Tahitian Moon and I have been lurking here for months. I finally decided to get out of creepy lurker mode and say hi. Here's the basic rundown.

Your location: Nola

Age (If you want): 27 (Forever)

How Primal are you: I'm still a newbie, so working on it. I'm about 70% there.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee and I still am addicted to Crystal Light Iced Tea (I know that it's horrible-but I'm working on it). It's all that I drink.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight Loss

Favorite exercise: Zumba

Favorite Primal food: Bacon (Duh)

Best part about being Primal: My energy level is off the charts

Worst part about being Primal: My family thinks that I'm nuts (They think that grains are good for you)

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Münster (Germany)

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Well it depends on what you think about Dairy, as i have neither Casein nor Lactose intolerance and i have access to unpasteurized/unhomogenized milk and cheese i see absolutely no point in missing out on these. Otherwise ~95% primal.

Do you consume dairy: see above -> milk post workout, cheese as a snack every few days and grass-fed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: i used to drink green tea but switched to white tea, i like the taste and the health benefits are obvious

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was on Low-Carb diet for a few months already which led to weightloss already, but i wanted to combine that success with healthier food in general.

Favorite exercise: climbing every possible form!

Favorite Primal food: I gotta go with the big ass turkey salad (which is funny, because even a year ago i hated about every ingredient of it)

Best part about being Primal: having bacon and eggs for breakfast and not having bad feelings about it at all

Worst part about being Primal: As im not the preaching person, i never met resistance from friends or family. If anyone asks how i lost so much weight i explain the primal concept and they can see for themselves that it worked. If they do it or not isnt my problem.

So i have to go with: no icecream anymore :/

fbones24 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Freeport, New York

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: already slightly primal, but in the process of reading the blueprint.

Do you consume dairy: Not purposely, I have been avoiding dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of fresh coffee every day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just wanting to be as healthy and happy as I possibly can for myself and my family.

Favorite exercise: Old fashioned Squats.

Favorite Primal food: Cucumbers.

Best part about being Primal: Not completely sure yet, but the knowledge that my body is being fueled the way it was designed to be fueled.

Worst part about being Primal: No more Cheerios?

Wysp is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Colorado Springs, CO

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Started a Whole 30 challenge on Saturday, Aug 20. 100% "Paleo" (meats, veggies, fruits, fats) right now.

Do you consume dairy: After the 30 days, I will add dairy back in to see if it actually agrees with me. Love cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health!!! In June, I went about 70% Paleo. I was 5'4" and 122lbs, and did not feel I needed to lose weight - but I lost 6 lbs and have kept if off with no problem. Not even trying, eating good foods til I feel full.

Favorite exercise: Hiking. I don't do nearly enough of it though.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. Not eating it right now (no added sugars allowed...). Berries, grass fed beef.

Best part about being Primal: Not having sugar highs and lows. Not feeling like I'm going to pass out if I don't eat sugar. I used to keep "emergency" candy in my car because I would become a CRAZY, irritated, mean person when I was crashing. I've only felt like that a few times in the last two months - after eating something high carb. I am finding I am very sensitive to carbs. Not having daily headaches! Having more energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Realizing how badly I was treating my body, realizing all the lies that are fed to us about grains. Jabs from people about my diet (ok Fatty, have another slice of bread.). Being really irritated about how other people eat. I never cared before, it was just food. Being easily annoyed listening to people tell me about their "diet" "Oh, it works as long as I stay on it" while they are eating a large ice cream from Cold Stone. If you can't stay on it, it DOESN'T WORK!!!! Ah.

gaulshun is offline Junior Member

Cool Hi everyone! I'm a new "Primal" from Italy

Your location: Genoa (ITALY)

Age (If you want): 35 (not feeling them at all!)

How Primal are you: just a beginner, I'm yet to discover how much

Do you consume dairy: mozzarella, brie, feta, parmisan, milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but mostly coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: new healthy life primarily, achieve a new fitness, gain strengh in order to defend myself if necessary and to be able to play with my nephew (I couldn't lift him to let him dive!) let alone to be able to practice kendo with much more energy!

Favorite exercise: Kendo and Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Meat, any kind!

Best part about being Primal: Liberation from worrying about calories and fat

Worst part about being Primal: not being able to find almond or nut flour at the market! I'd so much like to make some cookies or bread with them, I think I'll have to make it myself!

So, I just have to introduce myself a little bit more. I went on a diet on June 2010, I weighted 81 Kg at the time (getting fatter and fatter as time was going by), I was of course followed by a dietist and a very good one indeed.
    Now I am 70 kg and fit....more or less....but that's not the only change that occurred. As it happens I started feeling bad when eating carb based food, grain based one to be precise.
    So step by step I shifted to alternative "grain" as kamut for example...unfortunately, now I feel bad eating it as well....
    Meanwhile I got acquainted with some Primal followers I also got more and more interested in its principles and more and more willing in abandoning grain based food too....
    There is to say that here in Italy almost everything we eat is carb based....literally.
    Now it's been almost a week since I started going Primal and I feel much better on the stomach and all. The bad swollen feeling has gone away at the very least.
    Now I also have to start with the fitness workout part of the "blueprint".

Is there anyone else from Italy?

Cheers

Rosario

gaulshun is offline Junior Member
    Hi Nola! I'm a newbie too! Be reassured, most people thinks grains are the basic food here in Italy too! I didn't even try to explain the Primal "theory" to anyone so far. How could I even think they could understand a single thing about it?! So get on along your chosen path and take one stride at a time!

Rosario