Page 233 of 626 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 6258

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 233

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: North Carolina

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Just started, at 100% with food, need to get on track with fitness.

Do you consume dairy: Yes- organic/raw only

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of joe in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have followed "low fat" diet for years and yet am still fat! Had an epiphany a few weeks ago. Why is it I feed my dogs grain free food for them to have a healthier life yet I don't do the same for myself?

Favorite exercise: If there is a "favorite" I'd have to say hiking, but I never get out to do it.

Favorite Primal food: I have to choose!? Coconut & Almond butter will have to fight each other.

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling guilty about eating avocados

Worst part about being Primal: Overcoming "CW" about eating fat. I find myself hesitating to eat coconut, avocados, almond butter due to the fat content. I know, I know! It is good fat, but for a veteran Weight Watchers subscriber this is REALLY hard.
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Ella is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Boston. We just moved here!

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Been easing into it over the last two or three months. Pretty committed and consistent with the basics of the diet, but still learning about everything else. The boy is... unsure.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I'm experimenting with cutting back.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea sometimes, coffee rarely.

Motivator for switching to Primal: The main influences that made me curious were probably that NYTimes article about sugar, reading MDA, & a friend of several years who is big into paleo. I'm pretty hooked after trying it and seeing how much better my stomach feels.

Favorite exercise: Yoga is pretty fun, but I want to get back into rock climbing.

Favorite Primal food: I love baking treats from Elana's Pantry.

Best part about being Primal: My digestive system is happy, and I think my energy level is improving!

Worst part about being Primal: It's weird to think about food choices this much since I have always been naturally thin. Also, my guy is worried that my diet is becoming extreme.

blueballoon is offline Member
    Your location: northern Virginia at the moment, but we are pretty migratory/transient

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Mostly. We're brand new at this--only a week--so I can say that we're grain/legume/sugar free. Beyond that we're transitioning.

Do you consume dairy: My family drinks raw, organic milk. I only to consume cream and a little butter, but am trying to wean myself off all of it since I feel better without.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Long-term health, fitness, etc. I can't have gluten--even trace amounts--so it was really natural for me to get rid of all grains. As a former veg-head losing the legumes has been a little more traumatic. Sugar is gone, and I feel better for it. Both my parents died before they turned 53, my mom from genetic- and lifestyle-related breast cancer(the latter probably jumpstarted the former), so I really just want to do everything in my power not to do that to my kids.

Favorite exercise: Chasing my kids around. But seriously, I like deadlifts and squats. And running hills. Anything quick and dirty. (I used to be a distance swimmer/marathoner, and can't imagine spending that much time in the pool or on the road ever again.)

Favorite Primal food: cioppino (hold the bread)

Best part about being Primal: steady energy levels; being at peace with food

Worst part about being Primal: explaining to my veg friends why I'm not veg anymore... awkward much?

camilart is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, this is only my second day of 'grokking' and wanted to say hello.

Your location: London

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Just starting out so going through metamorphosis!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cheese, butter and the occasional cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Just herbal tea and haven't had a cup of coffee in 11.5 months - not sure if I will go back when the self-imposed 12-month break is up

Motivator for switching to Primal: Losing weight and toning up

Favorite exercise: Belly dancing. Not very primal...

Favorite Primal food: Juicy steak

Best part about being Primal: Not being on the insulin rollercoaster

Worst part about being Primal: I really, really don't like salad (Love my cooked veggies, though.)

See you around!
    C

Adorableayla is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I'm new, thought I would introduce myself My name is Ayla.

The Questions:

Your location: A small town in rural Northern California

Age (If you want): A young and vibrant 32

How Primal are you: I cheat once a month, otherwise I'm totally primal

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not much

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal tea only

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss and health

Favorite exercise: dancing

Favorite Primal food: nuts and fruit

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great, losing weight

Worst part about being Primal: I miss bread especially bagels with cream cheese and buttery rolls.

I'm happy to be here and continue to learn more and more about Primal Living

MaryinOk is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oklahoma, USA

How Primal are you: new to primal, I have done Atkins, which I know isn't exactly the same.

Do you consume dairy: hardly at all

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking for a lifestyle change. I have found limiting my sugars I tend to have more energy.

Favorite exercise: I have found that I like to exercise with weights, however I just started exercising again after 3 years. I had a back fusion 3 years ago and I put all my weight back on plus some. I was afraid to start working out.

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: Then energy I have

Worst part about being Primal: I miss bread, it used to be my dessert

Thrak is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Edmonton, Canada

How Primal are you: ~90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, love it. One of the reasons I am Primal and not Paleo

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mainly green tea, but I treat myself to coffee a few times a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Reached the last notch on my belt, had to do something!

Favorite exercise: Incline Leg Press

Favorite Primal food: Steak, as I see is the same as many here.

Best part about being Primal: 15 lbs down ofter 4 weeks of Primal! 4 inches of my waist!!!

Worst part about being Primal: My wife likes to bake

Joka is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Derby, UK

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Not at all yet

Do you consume dairy: Yes but not a lot. Milk in cereal and in tea

Do you drink coffee or tea: Gave up coffee at new year but drink 3/4 cups of tea per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: The desire to be healthier and look better

Favorite exercise: cardio: thai boxing weights exercise: Dumbell Shoulder Press

Favorite Primal food: Grilled chicken breast

Best part about being Primal: I'll let you know!

Worst part about being Primal: Again, I'll let you know!

yhsweeper is offline Junior Member
    Your location:zhengzhou,henan,chian

Age (If you want):23

How Primal are you:fairly

Do you consume dairy:cream and sourcream

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise:walk

Favorite Primal food:meat

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

FatMatt is offline Junior Member
    Your location: South Carolina

How Primal are you: New to Primal eating, but I am all the way in....(we'll see how it goes...;-)

Do you consume dairy: Very little and working towards none.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't drink tea or coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overall health and weight loss....I've hit rock bottom and need to start climbing out of the hole!!!

Favorite exercise: All types, but mostly cycling, running, and swimming....Although, I enjoy CrossFit, but seem to have an "on again, off again" relationship with it....!

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: I feel like I am doing the right thing for me and my family...Finally....!!!

Worst part about being Primal: So far (day 3 at the time of this writing), the "carb flu" and the cravings...!!!