Page 228 of 620 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 6196

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 228

PRIMAL_LAURA is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello! My name is Laura and I just discovered Primal eating through Dr. Jack Kruses Leptin website. Here are my details:

Your location: San Diego

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Pretty Good!

Do you consume dairy: Yes.... not sure if I can give it up!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee Lover! Down to 1 cup a day....

Motivator for switching to Primal: Reducing Leptin resistance and low carb really works for me!

Favorite exercise: Starting weight training.... I love walking/hiking

Favorite Primal food: MEAT!!!!!

Best part about being Primal: See Above!! And I feel full after eating the right way.

Worst part about being Primal: I will miss chocolate!

mark1971 is offline Junior Member

Hi from the UK

Hi all,
    I found this website, and Mark's book a couple of weeks ago and it really resonated with me. I've been eating primal for a couple of weeks now and ditched the chronic cardio, replacing it with long walks, on the South Downs near my home where possible. I'm going to add in some strength training this week. I've been overweight for a while, stuck in a CW rut, and have already had to tighten my belt a notch. I've also found I have loads more energy, and don't get as hungry as I used to.
    I'm going to start journaling my food and workout choices and would welcome feedback from the primal community.

Your location: Sussex, UK

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Pretty consistently, I avoid grains totally

Do you consume dairy: Yes, in tea and coffee and some yoghurt or full fat milk in a breakfast berry smoothie. I stick to the full fat stuff though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep, decaf though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To retain health and vigour through a long life, this has become even more important to me since becoming a dad.

Favorite exercise: Hill walking with my daughter in her baby carrier. I also enjoy bodyweight exercises and throwing kettlebells around.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, they're so versatile. Love my steaks too...

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great, and eating well.

Worst part about being Primal: The initial adjustment takes some discipline for a week or so...

Slugowski is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Illinois

Age (If you want):27

How Primal are you: 75%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have 50 total lbs to lose.

Favorite exercise: Walking, swimming, hiking, rollerbladding

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: Headaches and stomach issues are completely gone after two weeks. Never feel deprived

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining to people that yes, I am losing weight while eating a wonderful steak. Na Na Na Boo Boo.

ThePrimalSophisticate is offline Junior Member
    Hi all! I'm Shannon. My husband and I have been Primal for several months and love it. We both read Mark's Daily Apple regularly, but for some reason I'm just now joining the forum! Good to finally be here.

Your location: Los Angeles

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Since April have been pretty strictly Primal. I do eat dairy and nightshades - two things I know some folks avoid. Sometimes I bake with honey, but that's pretty much the only added sugar in my diet.

Do you consume dairy: Yup. I love cheese and butter. Not a big milk drinker though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of coffee in the morning. Herbal tea in the afternoons sometimes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband read about it, and he's been trying to lose weight for years. Primal Blueprint just made sense, so we both switched.

Favorite exercise: Hiking. But I also like sled drags and hitting a tire with a sledgehammer.

Favorite Primal food: Filet Mignon

Best part about being Primal: Effortless weight loss and lots of energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining to people that I'm not "on a diet."

Smile Going back to my roots

Hello everyone! I have been Primal since 6/25/11 since I found this site and have now decided to join the forum.

Your location: Iowa (corn grows here)

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: Aged local cheese, coconut milk, butter and heavy cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee - gotta have it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Great food that fills you up and doesn't make you feel like you are on a diet. The exercise is great and easy to do as well (no going to the gym, chronic cardio, etc.).

Favorite exercise: Walking/Sprinting with my dog (Gizmo the Pug) - he can't sprint as far as his mom.

Favorite Primal food: Tough one. Steak or lobster...mmm.

Best part about being Primal: The extra energy, weight falling off easily, and I'm enjoying life!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain Primal to others without them staring at me in wonder...especially at restaurants.

Krista
    The Paleo Lifestyle

Gunny is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone, my names Marc and I've been eating Primal for the last three months.

Your location: New Jersey...

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: I would say 80 % or more

Do you consume dairy: I eat limited dairy, kefir , raw yogurt, some heavy cream for my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink 2 cups of coffee a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to improve my health, and this just feels natural to me.

Favorite exercise: Bulgarian work out bag !

Favorite Primal food: delicious meat

Best part about being Primal: How I feel and look

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss pancakes

irishelnsman928 is offline Junior Member

jessi is offline Junior Member
    Hi all! My name is Jessi, and my husband and I are starting PB tomorrow with a kitchen clean out and a trip to the farmers market! I am excited to get this process started because I am sick of being ruled by sugar and bread....and my husband is sick of my mood swings . I am also excited for being apart of this forum because I tend to need support when making large life changes, such as this!

Your location: Santa Barbara, CA

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: I am going to strive for 100%

Do you consume dairy: most likely just in my morning coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: both! but mostly coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to stop being addicted to sugar and losing some weight might be an added bonus.

Favorite exercise: Cycling to the beach with my husband.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!!!

jmisgro is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone, I am JoAnne. I found this site thru the Penzey's Spice Page on Facebook. I am facinated with the idea of eating this way. I started last Saturday. I am doing well. I love to "talk"!

Your location: Concord, NC

Age (If you want):48

How Primal are you: so far about 95%...

Do you consume dairy: yes, a little butter, greek yogurt, cream here and there and some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee in the mornings, maybe herbal tea at night, mostly when it's cold out

Motivator for switching to Primal: sounded interesting - I had already thought that grains affected me.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: I like that I can eat pancetta (Italian style bacon) w/o feeling guilty!

Best part about being Primal: feeling better, even though it's only been one week

Worst part about being Primal: not found it yet

rlascano is offline Junior Member
    Hello all. I am new to the Primal community and believe it to be the best thing that has ever happened to me. 3 months ago i was diagnosed with X Syndrome ( pre diabetic II) and right around 301 lbs. I am 36 yoa and 5.11" Ex smoker. (1.5 years ). When my Dr advised i was pre diabetic and started me on Medformin 500 twice a day I was not opposed to take them since I beleive it to be something good. However I asked my Dr what can I do to help myself. He said "verbatim" go out to the internet and look for food for Diabetics. and that is what I did. I have been Primal with a adjusted very very low carb intake and for the past 3 months I have lost 56 lbs I am half way to my 120 lbs lost of weight and I honestly feel better than ever. I am able to sleep and rest at night. I use my time to ensure I am learning about nutrition on a constant basis and trust me when I tell you. Michael Moore should do a movie about the U.S. Food and Drug Administration because people are dying on a constant basis due to their interests. Please be a friend on tweeter @rlascano would love to learn from everyone's self experiences.

Your location: Miami FL

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: only on cheeses.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee once a day black no sugars.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Pre diabetic condition and to get rid of it for ever.

Favorite exercise: All of them

Favorite Primal food: Ceviche !!

Best part about being Primal: Don't have Hypoglycemia

Worst part about being Primal: The awareness is not there yet. People should follow this lifestyle and live longer