Page 226 of 617 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 6163

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 226

nuraan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Cape Town South Africa

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Aiming for 100% - but only been doing it for a few weeks

Do you consume dairy: VERY little - some butter and cream every now and then

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee and Rooibos tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: got PCOS, Hypertensive and wanted to look and feel the best i could as i got older

Favorite exercise: General gym - like the structure and really like the Powerplate

Favorite Primal food: Beef tongue with roasted veggies

Best part about being Primal: feeling normal for the first time in a long time - not feeling sick and tired all the time. Feeling younger and more energetic

Worst part about being Primal: can be lonely and antisocial ... my family doesnt understand it - it goes completely against what we were raised to believe is good for us ... they still think i need to have some grains so that i can get enough fibre

JT_London is offline Member
    Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Body always has been but my mind has only been aware for the last 2 weeks.

Do you consume dairy: cook with butter, dash of milk in my tea (well I am British!)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Swapped several lattes with sugar for a couple of cups of tea a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: History of family health issues and I'll be damned if I'm going to accept that it's inevitable.

Favorite exercise: Squats, because they're hard and Cardio Tennis for sprints Welcome to the Official Cardio Tennis website - Cardio Tennis is a fun new group exercise program for tennis

Favorite Primal food: Steak and eggs for breakfast!

Best part about being Primal: Steak and eggs for breakfast!

Worst part about being Primal: missing out on Beer and Chips (as in Fish 'n' Chips with salt, vinegar and gravy.) Thank god I've still got my red wine!

flghtrn is offline Junior Member
    Tiki,
    I stumbled across this site while researching the Paleo WOE and decided this would work better for my life style. Other low-carb plans were too restrictive and I couldn't stick to their plans and I always felt awful. I think I've been on every diet put out there and some of my own...crazy. Like you, I lost 5 pounds in less than 2 weeks which is a miracle for me. I've been losing and gaining the same few pounds for years (and adding to them each time). A nice bonus is those 5 pounds feel like 10 pounds gone...I'm down a jean size. Isn't amazing how great it makes you feel? Soon I'm going to experiment with the recipes. Good luck and Grok on!

deppie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: We'll see - I'm just starting and probably don't even know every detail there is to know about being primal yet (nor will I ever, I suspect). Shooting for 100%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I actually stumbled across MDA while looking into other low carb diets. Of course now that I've found it it's so much more.

Favorite exercise: Squats and variations on them ... I don't know they just make me feel great!

Favorite Primal food: A big ole rib steak with grilled seasonal veggies

Best part about being Primal: No longer feeling guilty about eating real yet fatty food

Worst part about being Primal: Pizza

PrimalWoman2011 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Winchester, VA

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: I am a total newbie...just found out about the Primal plan last week

Do you consume dairy: I currently do have a small amount of milk on cereal and eat butter, sour cream, cottage cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink decaffinated tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be in the best shape of my life as Mark is....I have a lot of weight to lose as well

Favorite exercise: I would have to say currently swimming

Favorite Primal food: I am going to say grass fed beef

Best part about being Primal: Not 100% sure, but would say that it is natural and you are not starving

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing at this point...

elliottsmith is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Chertsey in Surrey in the UK. SW London area

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black coffee and black tea, at present favouring the Earl Grey

Motivator for switching to Primal: Way too fat

Favorite exercise: Chin Ups

Favorite Primal food: Fillet Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great, no more sugar crashes

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to break my addiction to cakes, biscuits and chocolates

jsa23 is offline Senior Member
    Location: Upstate New York, though I just finished spending the past 2 1/2 years living in Asia(China and Japan) for work

How Primal Are you: Probably 80%ish. I'm near 100% when cooking for myself, but when at work or eating out I give a "best effort" based on what's available at the time.

Do you consume dairy?: Yes - though it's mostly restricted to purposeful nutrition around workouts - either greek yogurt or milk as part of post-workout nutrition. Other than that, my dairy consumption is fairly low.

Do you drink coffee or tea?: Caffeine intake is one of my vices.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Truthfully, it's been more of an evolution of lifestyle than anything. 5 years ago I was ~275 lbs(compared to ~175 today) - the product of a sedentary lifestyle and an excessively high-calorie, carbohydrate-heavy diet. I started by simpl ycutting back on the worst foods(sugary desserts) in my diet. I slowly added in physical activity. I got down to ~190 lbs following what was still a fairly typical western diet - minus sugary snacks/desserts - via sensible quantities of food plus physical activity(mostly of the type bordering on chronic cardio).

Over the past 6 months or so I've changed my approach, however - I've moved away from carbohydrate intake - going from cereal to eggs as the staple of my breakfast, and leaning more heavily on non-starchy vegetables as my carbohydrate source, cutting back drastically on grain intake. Also, due to a couple injuries - knee inflammation from excessive running abuse, and a broken elbow from a bike accident - I've switched from what resembled a triathlete's training routine to a routine with a much more substantial strength focus with shorter, more intense cardio sessions as well as some interval work mixed in.

Ultimately, the bottom line is that doing the above has yielded very positive results for me so far - my overall fitness and body composition are as good as they've ever been, I feel good, and the primal diet is quite satisfying. Right now I have the goal of gaining around 15-20 lbs of lean mass, as at my height(6'6") my current weight of 175 is pretty scrawny. This is still very much a work in progress, but I'm confident can do it.

Favorite exercise:
    I enjoy running, though I keep my distances shorter now due to knee issues. I also definitely enjoy squats, simply because I can FEEL them.

Favorite Primal food:
    Sockeye Salmon is an absolute favorite of mine - it has great flavor that can stand on its own and really doesn't need to be dressed up much to taste great. Sadly it's only seasonally available, and not cheap.

Best Parts about being Primal:
    1. So far, the results speak for themselves
    2. Compared to the traditional (processed) western diet, Primal seems to leave me much more satisfied while eating a suitable amount of food for my body

Worst part about being Primal:
    1. Family/co-workers that don't "get it"
    2. Good, real food is more expensive than over-processed junk

investorxt is offline Junior Member

Hey there

It really is a very first post. I actually really wanted to say greetings.
    I specialize in real estate course.

SamWu1 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Maryland, USA

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 70%, succumb to the occasional pizza or potato.

Do you consume dairy: occasionally consume aged cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea is my primary beverage

Motivator for switching to Primal: health and weight loss, just makes sense

Favorite exercise: bicycling

Favorite Primal food: Grill meat, steak, chicken, fish

Best part about being Primal: effortless weight loss, no more bloated feeling

Worst part about being Primal: Being of asian descent, a lack of rice as well as pasta, bread and starchy potatoes. Sugar no big deal.

tmott24 is offline Junior Member
    Hi, my name is Tracy and I just registered on this site today. I've been doing a lot of research on this lifestyle and have decided that this is the way for me to go! I'm going to drag along the ol' man and kiddos as much as possible, too I've already been eating a low-carb, starch/sugar-free type lifestyle for about 9 months. Thanks for the helpful information on this forum!

Your location: Iowa

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Just starting out!

Do you consume dairy: Um, yes. Can't give up my Fage

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health

Favorite exercise: Roughhousing with the eight kiddos

Favorite Primal food: Fatty fat ribeye

Best part about being Primal: See above

Worst part about being Primal: Guess I will have to find out...