Page 225 of 635 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 6344

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 225

flghtrn is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, I've tried it many times but just can't do it. I can drink coffee black but not tea. I thought lemon would help, but no. It's okay because I really don't miss it at all. I prefer water with some lemon...a big accomplishment for me! As you probably know, some places have better tea than others.

SteveO is offline Member
    That's the great thing about unsweet tea. I don't have very high expectations. LOL

True...it tastes like dirt

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    Add coconut oil into the unsweet tea. You might find it is freaking great tasting.

Thanks, I will try the coconut oil. I looked for some in Walmart the other night but couldn't find it. I'll search again. We have limited shopping options where we live.

SteveO is offline Member
    I found organic coconut oil in the nutritional supplement section at Walmart, and "regular" coconut oil next to the cooking oil. It says "Lou-Ana" on the label, and it's cylindrical about 6" tall and 4" wide. The organic is a lot more expensive. I've been using Lou-Ana instead of regular cooking oil with no issues.

I tried it in my coffee, but it wasn't as good as heavy whipping cream.

Thank you. I will be out again this weekend and will look again for it. It's really incredible how good this way of eating makes me feel so much better. I'm a believer!

Tiki is offline Junior Member

Intro...didn't know I was being primal 'til I started Googling!

The Questions:

Your location: Pacific Northwest

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Mostly primal, mostly by accident

Do you consume dairy: Yup, cheese & yogurt. Ice cream on occasion.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, black. tea, ditto

Motivator for switching to Primal: After realizing I'd gained 8 lbs in just a few months and figuring out that the reason was a change of habit that led to eating tons of carbs, I decided to cut out carbs.

Favorite exercise: Rollerblading

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: it's easy and I feel so much better

Worst part about being Primal: No downsides yet.

I started eating this way on July 1. Went on vacation and just decided not to include bread, pasta, excess sweets, etc. in my diet. It was so easy--avoid the bun when having sausage or hot dogs, no bagel with morning omelet, etc. Within a few weeks, I lost 5 lbs. It's continued like that, slowly. The food is easy--the family is a little tougher since they still want bread, tortillas, bagels. I'm just easing them into it. Kids are doing well, they love steak, eggs, bacon. It's getting the veggies into them that's harder. I'm not hard core and don't fret if I have something not Primal. In fact, tonight I had a donut for dessert (dinner party with friends). I could have said no, but it looked good and was good. It won't send me into a binge, as my tastes have changed.

SteveO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flghtrn View Post
    It's really incredible how good this way of eating makes me feel so much better. I'm a believer!
    I got started on this through "Four-Hour Body," and he recommends a cheat day once a week. Around suppertime of my second cheat day, I felt bloated, tired and dull, but not too dull to realize "This is how I used to feel every day at this time." That was a real eye-opener, and I started cheating less enthusiastically, and didn't feel as bad. A couple of times, it was just a single meal of cheating, which works even better. If I over-do it, I've found that a day of fasting gets me back on track by the end of the day.

The whole concept of cheat day is that it keeps your metabolism from setting into a routine, and isn't that what I'm trying to do? Configure my body to get energy from fat instead of carbs? And if it's more a psychological issue so I don't feel deprived, I'd rather feel good than have pizza or pasta, or even Doritos. ;-)

abiswarbrick is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Age 32
    Mostly Primal, have done on and off for just over a year. Currently doing very well, even got my husband raving about it now which helps!
    Dairy: Yes especially eggs
    Coffee and tea: Yes, I drink all types, sometimes black, sometimes with milk.
    Motivator: Oringinally weight loss - now health.
    Exercise: I love walking but also do some long distance running. Need to begin 'lifting heavy things' as my upper body strength is non-existant.
    Favourite food: How to choose?!!!
    Best part: Feeling good! Having energy, being able to more relaxed about meals, enjoy food more.....
    Worst part: I just can't think of one at the moment!!