Page 224 of 626 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 6257

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 224

Jeriku is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Baltimore, MD, USA

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just starting, so I'm gearing up to a serious primal level.

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally, usually if I have a non black coffee or cheese, which isn't often.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do, maybe a cup a day, but this is on the way out

Motivator for switching to Primal: To be healthy the right way, and systemically. I've struggled with weight most of my life. At 37, marriage failed, with 3 kids and a previously dismal outlook on life, I had an epiphany recently..... get living or get dying. I'm not ready to die so I made up my mind to start living. I've lost 75 lbs on my own, just by will power and desire, and I could probably do that for the last 60 lbs I have to lose, but I want more that the fat off, I want to be physically and mentally healthy. I think I've got the mind there, and primal seems the way to get the whole package in balance.

Favorite exercise: Can't say yet, but I really like walking and hiking, and recently started enjoying biking with my girlfriend. My favorite activity would be Contra dancing, something I started this year and have fallen in love with.

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed beef, almonds and hemp seeds.

Best part about being Primal: Really early to say (I'm still reading the book, but have implemented many principles), but so far I feel great, weight is still going down. It's hard to differentiate the benefits of primal from the overall benefits of just losing so much weight in general, but I like the idea of being primal as a lifestyle, for health and sustainability.

Worst part about being Primal: Can't say yet, but it would likely be when out to eat sifting through offerings to not eat wrong. Though, it's much easier to be primal than any CW program when eating out.

DJWMom is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I'm two months in. Doing 90/10 most weeks, some weeks have been 100% others 80/20

Do you consume dairy: Not often. I have the occasional berries with whipped cream, or glob of sour cream. I eat a bit of Goat cheese as well, but that's it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Again, not often and only when I really want a black coffee or black herbal tea, maybe once or twice a month. Too hot for summer!

Motivator for switching to Primal: My main motivation was to lose weight, but as I start to feel better and better, it's to maintain my well being.

Favorite exercise: Hiking. Always has been, always will be.

Favorite Primal food: Beef. In any form!

Best part about being Primal: The way I feel! The energy, less pain, NO cravings or afternoon crashes. It's awesome.

Worst part about being Primal: Visiting someone who follows CW and gets on you about your choices at meal time.

wjrodgers is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Furlong, PA

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 75%

Do you consume dairy: Some cheddar on salads, heavy cream in coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 3 cups of coffee a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Type 1 diabetic for just under 4 years... want to learn as much as I can about how my body REALLY works.

Favorite exercise: Cycling.

Favorite Primal food: Duh, bacon!

Best part about being Primal: Being satiated, running out of notches on my belts!

Worst part about being Primal: No longer eating whatever I want... but it hasn't been as hard as I expected.

How primal are you: was very approximate; now getting serious again.

Do you consume dairy: oh hell yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: religiously.

Motivator for switching to Primal: pure vanity.

Favorite exercise: clean & jerk.

Best part about being Primal: weight loss without being sick or weak.

Worst part about being Primal: I HATE positive thinking. Despair is my middle name. Loathing is my other middle name.

SteveO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarianchick View Post
    I HATE positive thinking. Despair is my middle name. Loathing is my other middle name.
    So, when we try to be encouraging, you're going to hate that, but then that'll be okay, because of the hate, right?

Exactly. Hate keeps my heart rate up.

Your location: California

How Primal are you: I'm not. I tried last year and somehow managed to fail. But, I seem to have come to the realization that I have systemic Candida issues, and I'm totally miserable. I need to do this (low carb primal) to heal my body. I'm a mess. I've been an emotional mess for other reasons too, this past year... but I need to get a grip or I'm going to be dead.

Do you consume dairy: yes. In my tea/coffee- whole organic milk, or cream. I do eat kefir/yogurt to try and balance my system back out.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Oh, and I'm sick of being fat.

Favorite exercise: hiking, yoga, pilates. I wish I could go swimming, I used to love that. But, I don't live anywhere where there are streams/creeks or swimming holes anymore... and I can't tolerate chlorine.

Favorite Primal food: hmm... bacon.

Best part about being Primal: It can be done in ANY cuisine!

Worst part about being Primal: Sourdough bread. I love sourdough bread... I need to chill out on it though till I get my health under control... then it can go in my 20% of the time category.

SteveO is offline Member
    What about sarcasm? Ooh - wait... sarcastic encouragement?

flghtrn is offline Junior Member

How Primal: I would say 90%--still some sugar in my coffee. I try to keep the carbs around 50 grams a day.

Dairy Consumption: Butter (yummm) and heavy cream for coffee

Motivation for switching to primal: I was tired of all of the diets that don't work (I've tried them all). I read the success stories and not only did so many people have great results, but they felt better physically and emotionally

Favorite exercise: Walking and kettlebells

Favorite primal foods: Steak, butter, bacon, eggs, dark chocolate (I never liked this before, but it is a treat now)

Best part about primal: I am losing weight (finally!) and I feel soooo much better! No headaches, mood swings, and my energy level is out the window. All of the gastrointestinal issues are gone. It's wonderful! I can't believe the poison I was feeding to my body all of these years.

Worst part about being primal: There is nothing bad about feeling so good. I thought I would miss sweet tea (a staple in the southeastern US) but I haven't missed it a bit. My sugar cravings are gone.

SteveO is offline Member
    Hello, FlightRN - have you tried unsweet tea? I'm also from the south, and I used to drink tea with so much sugar it piled up in the bottom of the glass (a southern tradition), but when I went lo-carb a few years ago, sweet tea suddenly became almost nauseatingly sweet.

Most places serve unsweet tea, though, and it actually didn't take long to make the switch. Sometimes I want something besides water, and it's a lot healthier than diet soda, or artificial sweeteners.