Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 6375

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 216

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Labhraín View Post
    Your location: Northern California, USA

Age (If you want): Late 40s

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: Some cheese, occasional cream/sour cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: I have the rare cup of either.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Good health, weight loss. I've been eating according to Atkins for 7 months, but have not consumed things such as artificial sweetners, "low carb" products, etc. during that time. I've chosen to keep it natural, instead. My blood pressure is now normal, my triglycerides are under 100 and my decades-long daily fight with GERD is GONE!

Favorite exercise: HIIT

Favorite Primal food: It's a toss up between beef and eggs

Best part about being Primal: How good I feel!

Worst part about being Primal: Eating at other peoples' homes
    Welcome from Sacramento! Sounds like you are already on track.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

quidam is offline Senior Member
    Your location:Pennsylvania, USA

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Currently 50/50, trying to get back to my former 90%

Do you consume dairy:Yes, but may have to cut back on that.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Never

Motivator for switching to Primal: I started by accident, and then looked up what I was doing to see why I suddenly felt so good!

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: How good I end up feeling and looking!

Worst part about being Primal: Outside pressure to eat all the things we aren't meant to eat.

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Hedonist, thank you for your welcome. I've lost 26kg (approx 57lb) over last 4 years and BMI is 22. So am in the healthy range. My DIL is a Nutritionist who supplies me with practitioner quality supplements including Vit D, fish oil capsules and a multi-vitamin. I walk briskly for an hour or more most days of the week. I have no problem with dairy, or anything else for that matter. No allergies or intolerances. My interest here is in finding ways to reduce carb intake. I've been reading MDA for the last couple of months (there is a lot to read) and look forward to learning more about PB.

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    kahiba: You can make a world of change in carbs (and from bad carbs to good) via two easy rules (easy to remember, harder for many to follow):

1 - no grains
    2 - no high fructose corn syrup

Removing sugar more generally is even better, but those two rules will make for amazing better nutrition. Follow those two rules and almost ALL processed, mass-produced foods end up getting replaced with more basic, healthier, better foods.

Good luck!
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

Coyote is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ann Arbor, MI

How Primal are you: Shooting for 95%

Do you consume dairy: Just hard cheese, butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea in the winter

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was a vegetarian and kept gaining weight, feeling hungry all the time, and having no energy. I became a vegetarian for ethical reasons so I am still a little sad about only being able to afford CAFO meats, but hopefully that will change in the future.

Favorite exercise: Plies

Favorite Primal food: Aged New York Cheddar, carrots with butter

Best part about being Primal: I don't feel hungry any more. I'll eat ~1500 calories and be full, whereas before I'd eat 2200+ calories and still be hungry.

Worst part about being Primal: I love sugar, esp fruits, but I'm having to cut back on how much fruit I consume.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Your location: SE Michigan

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Not very! Probably 50% Tried PB last year for a few months, then got off track, and am now trying to start back up again.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mostly from cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to get the most out of life again, instead of just surviving each day. And it wouldn't hurt to finally be able to lose some weight, too!

Favorite exercise: I mostly do HIIT on the elliptical, but when no one's around I totally enjoy dancing to hip hop music.

Favorite Primal food: riced cauliflower (it goes well with so many other foods!)

Best part about being Primal: feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: having to deal with cravings when I cook non-primal foods for my family, especially when they egg me on to eat like they do. I give in way too much. And the weird part is, it's not like I even really crave the foods. Not sure why I give in. Maybe for a sense of belonging?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Kansas

Age (If you want): old enough!

How Primal are you: Going all out!

Do you consume dairy: sparingly

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: blood pressure health and weight

Favorite exercise: ok... i confess, I hate exercise. However, this summer I have had surgery on both feet for corrections and maybe exercise wont suck so bad once I have stitches out the 23rd of July. Going to take it slow.. which is a bit of grok, no?

Favorite Primal food: Can I just say pork??

Best part about being Primal: Simple eating, to simply live

Worst part about being Primal: obligatory luncheons and eating out.. whaaaat now?

jeffmorello is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Batemans Bay (NSW Australia)

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Working my way to it

Do you consume dairy: yep

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: general health

Favorite exercise: Does tennis count? If not, then hiking with the dog

Favorite Primal food: Beef, chicken

Best part about being Primal: Will soon find out.

Worst part about being Primal: As above.

Captainkirk is offline Junior Member
    The Questions: the answers

Your location: Langley, BC

Age (If you want):46

How Primal are you: whole hog so far

Do you consume dairynly in my coffee now

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee, two cups in morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: getting too fat and my knee started to hurt

Favorite exercise: cycling walking and pushups

Favorite Primal food: bacon and eggs

Best part about being Primal:great food, never hungry and always looking forward to next meal.

Worst part about being Primal:None so fa

barrkat is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your Location: Currently I live in Seattle, but I'm moving next month to Toulouse, in southwest France.

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: I've only been trying it out for four days so far, and fell off the wagon last night by eating a couple slices of pizza. :$ So I'd say about 30/70 right now lol

Do you consume dairy: Yes! Mostly in my coffee, but I also enjoy cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love both. Coffee every morning (trying to cut back) and tea in the evening is my usual routine.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been struggling with feeling tired all the time, and had hit a 4-week plateau in the weight loss I've been working on since February.

Favorite exercise: Walking and hiking

Favorite Primal food: Almonds! And also bacon.

Best part about being Primal: My energy level is both really high and really consistent so far (no more afternoon crash!); I am almost never hungry. After being stuck at 126-127 lbs for 5 weeks on a restricted-calorie diet, I've lost two pounds in four days (hitting my original goal weight of 125)! I'm pretty jazzed, haha.

Worst part about being Primal: The strict avoidance of pasta will be hard for me, but so far it seems to be COMPLETELY worth it!