Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 6373

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 211

Owen Onderdonk is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Lynchburg, VA

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: usually >85%

Do you consume dairy: some cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: losing fat. Atkins worked way back when but was unsustainable. Primal is sustainable.

Favorite exercise: Kettlebell swings, deadlift

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed beef, pastured pork, avocado

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good

Worst part about being Primal: encroaching on people I visit, it's hard to backpack in the woods for days, good food can be expensive

diploid is offline Member
    Your location: Southampton, UK

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Not sure yet. Pretty good so far, cutting sugar out means not a not left to eat other than primal food which is a whole lot of food.

Do you consume dairy: trying not to but maybe in moderation

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't drink coffee, I take tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Suspect I'm pre-diabetic.

Favorite exercise: Walking/Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Ostrich

Best part about being Primal: Time will tell but 48 hours in and I've already begun to clean up (nasal passages etc.).

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to organise enough food. I'm eating my way through the quick meals book but eating the whole batch (serving 2-3) but still feeling massively better. Portion control may be a little down the line.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Ostrich? Good call! Have you tried it curried?

Anhzone is offline Junior Member
    Whee! I'll jump in

Name: Anhzone

Your location: Hanoi, Vietnam

Age (If you want): 25, almost 26

How Primal are you: about 65%

Do you consume dairy: raw only

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to look as good as Mark when I'm in my 50s- which is quickly approaching. Plus it just makes sense from a health standpoint.

Favorite exercise: resistance training, kettlebells and mountain biking

Favorite Primal food: MEAT and leaves

Best part about being Primal: the lack of grains

Worst part about being Primal: Hmmm... lack of refined sugar maybe? But I don't miss it.
    http://timhieuit.com

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinosaurKisses View Post
    Hi, my name is Lisa and I am a recovering breadosaur.

Your location: I try to stay in my body. Much farther than that and everything gets green and fuzzy.

Age (If you want): 23. And I am never updating this post.

How Primal are you: Primaler than Bubba, lessprimal than Mark.

Do you consume dairy:
    Consume is such an aggressive word. I prefer to nibble.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, please.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Prediabetes and a brand new (two year old) chubbybelly.

Favorite exercise: The one that gets every girl in trouble - Sprinting past Starbucks so I won't stumble in and order a creamyfrappawhippedcreamsicle with extra caramel.

Favorite Primal food: Beast. Seared and dripping, please.

Best part about being Primal: Guys dig the spear waving caveman on my shirt.

Worst part about being Primal: The lame Italian pastahouse those guys inevitably want to take me to on the first or second date.
    I love your signature and intro.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Karen F is offline Member

for the Meeting and Greeting self-intro

Hi all -- I'm American by birth (originally from Seattle) but a long-time expat -- past 25 years have been spent in Japan, assorted islands in Micronesia and now Great Britain (Wales, then over to England where I am more or less permanently now, having married an Englishman!)

Your location: Walsall, West Midlands, UK (just outside Birmingham, England if that gives people a better point of reference.

Age (If you want): aw, why not. I'm 54.

How Primal are you: I've only been pursuing the Primal/Paleo guidelines for a little over a month now -- whilst aiming for 100% I know that's not realistic. Probably in respect of food, maybe 80%? Have been 100% off grains for the entire 5 weeks. Slip ups have been in the form of ice cream (home made, so at least additive free!) and one Indian takeaway with rice during the first week. I'm still struggling with the exercise component, and my work/commute schedule makes it very difficult to get enough sleep. But one step at a time, I guess.

Do you consume dairy: I try to avoid it. Have been largely successful, with the exception of a few scoops of the afore-mentioned home made ice cream and some Raita made with Greek yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 'Fraid so. Espresso is an addiction, and I do have a daily cup of green tea just because I like it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Found the MDA site by accident when researching exercises to help my dodgy hip and was impressed by Mark's comments on hip flexibility. That led me to read and research more here and also some of the other sources (Robb Wolf, Gary Taubes). It made sense and also fit in well with past positive experiences I've had with low-carb diets. I need to lose about 25lbs (put on slowly since I quit smoking 3 years ago!) both for general health and specifically to help with the dodgy hip mentioned earlier. So far I am pleased with the results.

Favorite exercise: I don't think I have one yet, although it is interesting re-learning how to do squats (correctly!) after years of being told that they were evil and one should never, ever do them!

Favorite Primal food: Almost everything! I'm a passionate cook, very interested in food and trying new things and have to admit that I have rarely encountered a type of food that I didn't like! One particular favourite is a nice big Salade Nicoise (without the potatoes & beans) but with lots of lovely, top-quality anchovies in extra-virgin olive oil, good tuna and organic free-range eggs. Yum.

Best part about being Primal: My mood has taken a definite upswing since doing this. I'm getting my energy back, and just generally I feel like my body "approves" of what I am eating more than it used to.

Worst part about being Primal: Resisting the temptation to proselytise about the benefits of eating/living like this to people who don't want to know!

Looking forward to learning more from all of you.

Best wishes from Karen in England

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Just starting primal - finishing week one - trying to figure it out as a lifestyle, and have fun doing so. Looking forward to this forum - hopefully will help me avoid proselytizing to my friends about my new found life (there is nothing, IMHO, more boring than someone who has seen the light and wants you to join them).

Your location: Washington D.C.

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: still figuring it out but trying to stay relatively strick this first month - keeping it low key socially so that will mean a glass of wine or a piece of bread at dinner parties - and you can't have my coffee - in month, we will see where I am.

Do you consume dairy: not this month - I'll consider it in moderation in one month

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, mainly coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: to be healthy and feel healthy

Favorite exercise: bicycling, walking and swimming

Favorite Primal food: For me, it's either junk food or real food - primal is a lifestyle not a brand of food. Favorite foods at the moment (and it changes regularly) are blackberries, mussels in tomato broth, steak au poivre (grass fed of course), cantaloupe, and blue crab

Best part about being Primal: feeling more in tune with my body again

Worst part about being Primal: really great french bread

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    I love your signature and intro.
    Well, thank you. I checked out your Grok-free primal blog. I see the point, but I have a soft spot for the grokster.

So I would never give up my Grok On! T-shirts. And I'll haunt the motherson who pries them from my cold dead grip instead of burying me in them proper.
    The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

Double posted. Dunno why. My computer is being a cracktard today. Nothing to see here. Move along, people. Move along.
    The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

PatyMar is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Mexico

Age (If you want): just turned 32

How Primal are you: I think I am about 80% primal, there are many primal food I still need to try

Do you consume dairy: yes, mostly milk and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: no, just some times I got some tea, I don't like coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to gain weight, I noticed I am losing muscle, specially in my legs because I have a sedentary job :s. I also want to feel healthy, I lack of energy most of the time and I am having troubles shaking an intestinal infection.

Favorite exercise: So far i like push ups and squats

Favorite Primal food: just a couple of days ago I tried coconut flesh and water and i love it

Best part about being Primal: I am trying new food, also I am losing my craving for sweets

Worst part about being Primal: Critics, specially my brother makes fun of me for refusing to eat like he does, he eats a lot of bread and carbs to gain weight, I always say he is doing it the wrong way.